Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 4, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #8,446 of 42,765
 I have an honest question.

Have you had a hearing test done by a doctor?
You may have an issue with your auditory system. I am not joking. Many folks totally overlook this besides some reviewers who cite it for full disclosure.

It's a fair question, but not sure that it's pertinent here. @NaiveSound and probably his GF may have had the wrong expectations. Better to ask what they were hoping for, previous equipment and experience, and what sound sig they like. And, of course, with better equipment and more experience, those preference can change. Then, it's "sorry about your wallet"!

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #8,448 of 42,765
I always figured an totl iem would do the magic, I like the Mojo, but maybe it'd the Mojo that doesn't allow for an engaging/energetic sound?

If Mojo is not a fun, energetic and engaging sound...then I don't know what is....Mojo pack punches, density, layer, tonality, controls and not sterile or clinical....so if that is not high level of detailed fun and energetic sound....what else ?

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #8,451 of 42,765
I always figured an totl iem would do the magic, I like the Mojo, but maybe it'd the Mojo that doesn't allow for an engaging/energetic sound?

Just quickly, like Mimouille has suggested TOTL still inherit many different sound signatures. Bright, warm, dark, thick airy etc, they all sound very different. What you must do is discover your own personal preference then research IEM or gear tuned towards this. For example, my preference is bright / analytical so I know what I won't like.

Goodluck!

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #8,452 of 42,765
Maybe some Ocharaku Flat-4s? Nami had some crazy open-but layered depth seperation thing going on that I have yet to experience with another inear, though maybe others had better left to right stereo seperation (2000J, IM02 maybe)
Anyone tried Ocharaku stuff w/ Mojo?

Lear NSS has that crossfeed/binaural simulation tech, could be a *wow* factor for some people.

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #8,453 of 42,765
I tried Adele's "21" on a range of headphones and amps and there was one issue in common: it freaking HURT to listen to that album because the mastering is utter ****. Not surprised that "25" is equally terrible if not worse.

Agree with this also. But I find Adele's live at the royal Albert Hall to have better mastering than those stated albums.

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #8,454 of 42,765
Just quickly, like Mimouille has suggested TOTL still inherit many different sound signatures. Bright, warm, dark, thick airy etc, they all sound very different. What you must do is discover your own personal preference then research IEM or gear tuned towards this. For example, my preference is bright / analytical so I know what I won't like.

Goodluck!

Very very true :D after all the main engineer who tuned the final product is still human with preferences :D, so as we are

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #8,455 of 42,765
As shown previously Mojo with a Z5C (or Z3C) is as compact as you will get with an Android phone, works great for me. Native Walkman app even plays 64DSD's but if you want correct source frequency then still need UAPP or all output at 24/192 irrespective of source (via Android 5.1). Z5C battery life (in Stamina mode) purely as a source for the Mojo in Airplane mode is also awesome. No SIM in mine just use WiFi to sync offline Tidal/Spotify music. You will get 3G/4G interference with close-stack as below but seems OK with WiFi. Plus can take current largest microSD at 200GB and comes with 32GB standard internal storage.

Why not use Onkyo HF so you can get the correct output to mojo?

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #8,458 of 42,765
Wow for me is when I listen to music I am intimately familiar with, that I have heard hundreds of times in all kinds of equipment, and which now I am discovering new layers and complexity - new information in the music - that I had not previously heard.

That's exactly what mojo does, depth of sound stage-revealing layers that were previously unheard while preserving musicality.

Jan 4, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #8,459 of 42,765
Very very true :D after all the main engineer who tuned the final product is still human with preferences :D, so as we are

I recommend the member in question hold onto his Mojo and begin looking into alternative IEM's. Because it may just be a case he needs an IEM with a more suitable tonality etc, then he may experience Mojo's full performance and be much happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back