Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 3, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #8,390 of 42,765
Hahaha you guys are great, still tho, what about me... Still not *wowed* maybe I need some UE customs or just other brands? Idk...

Its always hard to just tell someone this is for you. I had a set of Shure SE215, 6 days later they were sold after hearing the TF10. The SE846 are way above the TF10, but the TF10 is a fun IEM. I like so many feel the Noble K10 is awesome, but I also think the Noble 4 is the best money to sound in their line. I can preach all I want, but there are people that still wont like either of those, its rough when people cant just walk into a store, try them and judge for themselves. The K10 is the number one best reviewed IEM on head-fi, so there's that,yes I am a fanMAN, not fanBOY.

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #8,391 of 42,765
Its always hard to just tell someone this is for you. I had a set of Shure SE215, 6 days later they were sold after hearing the TF10. The SE846 are way above the TF10, but the TF10 is a fun IEM. I like so many feel the Noble K10 is awesome, but I also think the Noble 4 is the best money to sound in their line. I can preach all I want, but there are people that still wont like either of those, its rough when people cant just walk into a store, try them and judge for themselves. The K10 is the number one best reviewed IEM on head-fi, so there's that,yes I am a fanMAN, not fanBOY.

Thanks, I appreciate that, I wonder is there anyway I can find how this sounds?
I live in richmond Virginia,

I'll research into it, I wonder what the differences is between it and the se846

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #8,394 of 42,765
Don't you have to use their DAC with it? $3k, Jesus...

It's an electrostat, comes with its own DAC/Amp combo. No one minds that Stax is made in a similar fashion. The headphones themselves are "only" $2000, same realm as other TOTL IEMs.

But yeah, I don't think you could use those with the Mojo.

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #8,396 of 42,765
Don't you have to use their DAC with it? $3k, Jesus...

No, you can use line in. But you have to use the amp though, as with most electrostatic headphones.

Cheers,
K

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:17 AM Post #8,398 of 42,765
The 1500 has both an analog and micro-USB input, so you can use it with or without a separate DAC. From early reports, the 1500's DAC is the weak link. A few folks have suggested that it will benefit from an external DAC such as the Mojo. 

Can you buy the IEM only?

Read the post just above yours. :rolleyes:

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #8,399 of 42,765
The 1500 has both an analog and micro-USB input, so you can use it with or without a separate DAC. From early reports, the 1500's DAC is the weak link. A few folks have suggested that it will benefit from an external DAC such as the Mojo. 

Can you buy the IEM only?

Nope, Electrostatic iem so needs a special amp to meet their requirements.

Jan 4, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #8,400 of 42,765
Hey guys, yet another question :)

It seems that many power adapters sold here are 2.1 amps instead 1 amp as requested by the Mojo's manual.  Based on my reading, a higher amp output on the power supply won't matter as the device itself will draw the amount it needs.

Is this correct?  Is it safe to use a 2.1 amp charger for the Mojo?

Thanks
zambz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back