Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 17, 2015 at 1:24 PM Post #751 of 42,765
yes, quite impressed with Fanthorpes following my initial dealing with them.
I wouldn't have minded waiting until Wednesday if I was updated about the situation by Custom Cable after my order. Furthermore, people getting their unit before you when they ordered after you is quite upsetting.

I called Custom Cable today. Those unlucky not to make first batch will get their by Wed next week. CC are receiving a very large second batch Mon or Tues at the latest. I hope this info is correct.

I hope that the case but I have been down that rabbit hole before. 
wink.gif

Anyway, those are selling like hot cakes so well done to Chord for their very brave and cunning move...

Oct 17, 2015 at 1:35 PM Post #752 of 42,765
People asked about the Vorzuge pure II+...it is an incredible little powerhouse of an amp...I am able to use it with my AK240 and play at the lowest gain setting and drive my HD800 without any issue at all and it does sound quite terrific.....I use the Hugo with my AK120 and love it as well

Oct 17, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #754 of 42,765
For some strange reason Sony Walkman usually suffer from heavy battery drain when used as transport but ZX100 might be different but I am also curious about it. Can any of Sony players output DSD over DoP?

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #755 of 42,765
  For some strange reason Sony Walkman usually suffer from heavy battery drain when used as transport but ZX100 might be different but I am also curious about it. Can any of Sony players output DSD over DoP?

the A16/17 & ZX1 have a low battery life with the Hugo 5hrs approx., the ZX2 is way better it's at least 10hrs+... the size of the battery in the ZX100 kinda tells me that it won't approach the ZX2's performance as a source.

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #759 of 42,765
the A16/17 & ZX1 have a low battery life with the Hugo 5hrs approx., the ZX2 is way better it's at least 10hrs+... the size of the battery in the ZX100 kinda tells me that it won't approach the ZX2's performance as a source.
It does still tickle me, even though Sony HAVE improved with the ZX2, how battery life decreases with digital use, however - with both the other two players I have that support digital out (FiiO X% and Questyle QP1R) the battery life increases dramatically when not using the onboard amp...

Spooky!

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #760 of 42,765

Please dont hate me if this was not going to be the case. I am just speculating at this stage. 

How's this different from Bluetooth?

More bandwidth I assume promotes a more stable connection.

Holy Moses, does this thread move fast!!!

I won't hate you audionewbi. I've used some Bluetooth DAC/Amps, and the lack of cables is liberating but BT and I like it that I can still use wifi for streaming. However I do get dropouts when data is being fetched or the BT antenna gets covered. On second thought, though - if wifi is used, I'm not sure we'll get streaming since the wifi connection would be taken up with the phone -> mojo connection.

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #762 of 42,765
Sorry if my post came across a little grumpy, i can understand shops are busy with orders. Guess i can get a day at home next week if i know delivery day.

hey you were easy... never do a joint-purchase with Fortis absolute nightmare scenario, all he does is nag & moan and moan again, poor guy at Price-Japan almost had a nervous-breakdown when we bought our ZX1's, I blamed it all on Fortis as you do in these situations...
wink_face.gif

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #763 of 42,765
It does still tickle me, even though Sony HAVE improved with the ZX2, how battery life decreases with digital use, however - with both the other two players I have that support digital out (FiiO X% and Questyle QP1R) the battery life increases dramatically when not using the onboard amp...

Spooky!

I agree it is weird. If you bypassing DAC then what is it doing that it isn't doing when you play it with external DAC.
Using line out is fine it's digital out.
ZX2 goes from 30 plus hours to 10 hours.

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #764 of 42,765
I agree it is weird. If you bypassing DAC then what is it doing that it isn't doing when you play it with external DAC.
Using line out is fine it's digital out.
ZX2 goes from 30 plus hours to 10 hours.

think the problem might be that Walkman's DAC's are the amp (vica-versa) which is the same as Chord Hugo/Mojo, obviously a different implementation but same principle... I think.

Oct 17, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #765 of 42,765
  ...think the problem might be that Walkman's DAC's are the amp (vica-versa) which is the same as Chord Hugo/Mojo, obviously a different implementation but same principle... I think.

In this case using the digital output would make the internal DAC redundant, so power consumption should be reduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back