Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 17, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #766 of 42,765

In this case using the digital output would make the internal DAC redundant, so power consumption should be reduced.

we're talking Sony here, nothings ever straightforward... part of the fun is the discovery, super-smooth UI so I won't knock it...
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 17, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #767 of 42,765

we're talking Sony here, nothings ever straightforward... part of the fun is the discovery, super-smooth UI so I won't knock it...
bigsmile_face.gif

Yes, very true. But it's still a question for other source components too. For example, the iPod Classic's battery was drained about twice as fast when using the iPod's digital out (to a Fostex HPP-1, awhile back). At present, I'll be using the A&K240 as the source so I'm wondering how fast the 240's battery will drain.

We should know soon though since some members here are already using the AK240 as a source. If anyone has any info on this please let us know.  

Oct 17, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #768 of 42,765
yes, quite impressed with Fanthorpes following my initial dealing with them.
I wouldn't have minded waiting until Wednesday if I was updated about the situation by Custom Cable after my order. Furthermore, people getting their unit before you when they ordered after you is quite upsetting.

I hope that the case but I have been down that rabbit hole before. :wink:
Anyway, those are selling like hot cakes so well done to Chord for their very brave and cunning move...

It upsets me reading things like this I must admit. We have done our best with the exceptionally high demand for mojo and limited stock we initially had from the first batch. We have tried keeping our social channels updated with stock info and we have even put updates on the purchase page to keep people updated as much as possible. My personal apologies if we have made anyone feel aggrieved. Believe me we are not in the business of upsetting and letting people down. I will look into why you had no contact from us in relation to your order....if customers in the future do need an answer and quickly then we have a team of 7 always available to answer the phone.

Kindest regards

Phil

Oct 17, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #769 of 42,765
That's great service, I wish my local dealer was as good as you guys. He was great in taking my order but once he had my money that was the end of it. I emailed him if I can just get an estimate when I might get my unit he never replied back. Ended up calling him and he still wasn't helpful.

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #771 of 42,765
Sorry Phil, don't worry I have fully recovered from my trauma.
wink.gif

I knew you had very limited stock but I ordered within an hour so foolishly convinced myself I would have the Mojo in my hand by Friday. It would have been nice when I placed my order to be told you had none left and that you were awaiting stock beginning of next week.

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:25 PM Post #772 of 42,765
I know a few people have both the Chord Mojo and the Oppo HA 2 in this threat but so far we haven't had a good in depth comparison. I bought the Oppo HA 2 a few weeks ago and now am tempted to return it for this. It's going to be used mainly with a pair of Westone W60 and Beyerdynamic DT 1770. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #774 of 42,765
Sorry Phil, don't worry I have fully recovered from my trauma.:wink:
I knew you had very limited stock but I ordered within an hour so foolishly convinced myself I would have the Mojo in my hand by Friday. It would have been nice when I placed my order to be told you had none left and that you were awaiting stock beginning of next week.

Sure and from your pov I can completely understand. I shall look into the communication channel we have with our customers and see if any improvements can be made.

In the mean time.....everyone needs a MoJo. We are striving to get all our orders to customers asap. I can assure you that we will not even wait 24 hours to send the stock once they arrive. As soon as they arrive in our warehouse we will be processing orders and getting them straight out. Blimey...I want customers to have them so that they can share what I am able to hear and more people can discuss this beautiful unit....sorry I'm sounding slightly unhinged now lol

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #775 of 42,765
Sorry Phil, don't worry I have fully recovered from my trauma.:wink:

I contacted Phil on here as soon as I saw they were available to buy. He told me he'd run out of stock and would have more on Friday. There were loads available through Analogue Seduction via the Amazon Marketplace and that's where I got mine...although I'd have preferred to buy from our ACS Encore comrade. When it arrived on Friday morning I realised there were no cables in the box so I ordered one from Amazon and it arrived this morning. Then I got called to the office and I still haven't had the opportunity to listen to it.

Make sure you have a cable ready.

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #776 of 42,765
I know a few people have both the Chord Mojo and the Oppo HA 2 in this threat but so far we haven't had a good in depth comparison. I bought the Oppo HA 2 a few weeks ago and now am tempted to return it for this. It's going to be used mainly with a pair of Westone W60 and Beyerdynamic DT 1770. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I had a gentleman in today with a ha2.....going between the two he just said that the ha2 is muddy and lost in comparison to MoJo...if that helps?

Regards

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #779 of 42,765
Sure and from your pov I can completely understand. I shall look into the communication channel we have with our customers and see if any improvements can be made.

In the mean time.....everyone needs a MoJo. We are striving to get all our orders to customers asap. I can assure you that we will not even wait 24 hours to send the stock once they arrive. As soon as they arrive in our warehouse we will be processing orders and getting them straight out. Blimey...I want customers to have them so that they can share what I am able to hear and more people can discuss this beautiful unit....sorry I'm sounding slightly unhinged now lol

Thanks again for the good service. Having my first listening to this at the moment after it spent the day charging. Played some Spotify to my youngest step son and he was like OMG at the difference it made compared with straight out of the MBP using my Alpha Dogs. I must admit I'm glad I got this TINY unit. I now even more looking forward to my K10s arriving.

Oct 17, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #780 of 42,765
It upsets me reading things like this I must admit. We have done our best with the exceptionally high demand for mojo and limited stock we initially had from the first batch. We have tried keeping our social channels updated with stock info and we have even put updates on the purchase page to keep people updated as much as possible. My personal apologies if we have made anyone feel aggrieved. Believe me we are not in the business of upsetting and letting people down. I will look into why you had no contact from us in relation to your order....if customers in the future do need an answer and quickly then we have a team of 7 always available to answer the phone.

Kindest regards

Phil

Some positive feedback.

I phoned your shop on Friday morning and asked an update. Despite your team clearly being super stretched and really busy with the orders, you called me back a few hours later. Thank You!

Sadly, I missed the first batch. But again, contact was made earlier today and very helpfully you informed me a huge batch was arriving Monday or Tuesday and by Wednesday I should have the Mojo.

I don't think its too much to wait a few days for something that is brand new. Heck it can take 6 months to wait when you pre order a new car!

So keep up the good work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back