Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 17, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #737 of 42,765
I ordered mine on Wednesday and heard or received nothing  until yesterday when i decided to cancel my order.....very disappointed.
Now ordered from a more reliable source and should be with me on Monday..:D

Can I ask where you ordered from the second time? I also have not received any shipping schedule after 4 days. I would have been happy with a timeframe at least.

Oct 17, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #743 of 42,765
Received my Apogee Groove today (ordered it a while ago before I knew about the Mojo)...  hmm, I wonder which one I prefer

Oct 17, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #744 of 42,765
I can understand the frustrations that some of my fellow Head-Fi'ers are experiencing purchasing a Mojo and can't offer anything by way of an explanation... the only thing I can do is to phone The Pump (Chord) on Monday and find out when people can expect Mojo's in their part of the globe (& UK).

things have been more than hectic at Chord this week and hopefully you'll understand my reluctance to contact Matt on a well earned couple of days off (most from Hugo threads will know that Matt answers my questions on the weekend as does JF & Rob)... I'll definitely be back to you with answers on Monday.

Oct 17, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #745 of 42,765
  mmm.......just a caution to the chorus of praise: the Mojo may be the equal (debatable) or close to  but still inferior to the Chord Hugo (also debatable) , but what is missing is PERSPECTIVE. The Chord Hugo is a much older product than the Mojo. So, any impression putting the Mojo alongside the Hugo, in terms of SQ,  is TEMPORARY, i.e., until Chord launches the NEXT version of the Chord Hugo. By that time, I fully expect Mojo owners to feel the strong urge to upgrade to Chord Hugo 2.0. lol!

Similarly, when the much-cheaper-than-HE-1000   Edition X is finally released, many will be saying the same thing. It will ignite a debate between current HE1K owners and soon-to-be Ed X owners.

I was chatting to a marketing friend about the Hugo and Mojo performance:price and he think that John Franks at Chord was surprised at the success of Hugo (10,000+?), which gave him the confidence to launch Mojo to a much larger market (500,000+).  The feedback that everyone has given on here and the reviews so far for the Mojo has confirmed that the sound is as good, and maybe better than Hugo.  He seems to be a very smart marketing guy and I wouldn't be surprised if he offers an upgrade (board swap) for the Hugo at a reasonable cost to satisfy the many Hugo owners. My Hugo is not yet 2 months old and I would not want a Hugo 2 launched early next year.

Oct 17, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #746 of 42,765
I'm a sucker for Chord & Sony gear, what can I say... :tongue_smile:
Oh no, what happened? It's a shame Chord didn't package a little pouch, or at least sell an accessory pouch

Just put in my inside cost pocket which has metal tog button its tiny but also noticed a couple near the headphone socket now using pouch from fiio e17

Oct 17, 2015 at 12:46 PM Post #747 of 42,765

my ZX2 does... great result today, coyi...
bigsmile_face.gif

What is the highest resolution you got working from ZX2? Have you been able to put DSD playback from ZX2?

Oct 17, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #748 of 42,765

What is the highest resolution you got working from ZX2? Have you been able to put DSD playback from ZX2?

my humongous CD collection dictates that all my music is uploaded into Red-Book lossless (WAV etc)... the ZX2 is a Hi-Res DSD player but Purk would give you way better advice than me, he's my 'go to' Wiki for all things Sony, hth...
normal_smile .gif

Oct 17, 2015 at 1:03 PM Post #749 of 42,765
I ordered mine on Wednesday from Custom Cable and heard or received nothing  until yesterday when i decided to cancel my order.....very disappointed.
Now ordered from a more reliable source and should be with me on Monday..:D  

I called Custom Cable today. Those unlucky not to make first batch will get their by Wed next week. CC are receiving a very large second batch Mon or Tues at the latest. I hope this info is correct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back