Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 5, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #38,478 of 42,765
Dear friends, I own Chord Mojo for two weeks now and should admit its amazing musical qualities, my first question - is there anything similar to the Mojo in the price range and, if possible, in size range? I am aware of other Chord products but they are definitely beyond of my financial abilities.

My second question relates to the charging, my Mojo takes almost 7 hours to charge fully with high quality 2A chargers, someone said it is normal. However it is really long time.

Still, I hooked up USB tester last time I charged Mojo and it gave 5,200 mAh capacity of Mojo battery! It is really strange, I tried the tester on my cell phone (turned off) and it gave me pretty accurate capacity of its battery. Different sites say that Mojo battery is 2,200 mAh. If it is really 5,200 - at least it would explain long charging time.

Could you please comment on these questions? Thank you!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cho...n-3rd-post-◄★☆.784602/page-1057#post-12501872

Apr 5, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #38,481 of 42,765
Hmm, you mean on the micro USB input of the Mojo?

Would I be able to tighten it up, if I open the Mojo? Because I don't want it to get looser in any way, after I pull the screws apart, and close it back again.
There are only two ways that the socket can be lose:
  • The socket has come lose from the circuit board, and needs to be resoldered
  • The plug is a loose fit inside the socket, so maybe a pair of pliers will be enough to deform the socket slightly to ensure the plug is a tight fit
You cannot try either cure without opening the case.

However I still cannot understand how moving a cable carrying a digital signal, can affect the analogue sound in the manner that is described.
Similarly I would have thought that a loose socket for a digital signal, might result in breaks in the signal which would result in breaks in the music, but I cannot understand how that would change the tone of the music.

Apr 5, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #38,482 of 42,765
There are only two ways that the socket can be lose:
  • The socket has come lose from the circuit board, and needs to be resoldered
  • The plug is a loose fit inside the socket, so maybe a pair of pliers will be enough to deform the socket slightly to ensure the plug is a tight fit
You cannot try either cure without opening the case.

However I still cannot understand how moving a cable carrying a digital signal, can affect the analogue sound in the manner that is described.
Similarly I would have thought that a loose socket for a digital signal, might result in breaks in the signal which would result in breaks in the music, but I cannot understand how that would change the tone of the music.
Yeah actually whenever that happens, I always hear a crackle in the sound before it starts, and then it starts to sounds slightly artifically brighter/less smooth and less full.

Then I curve the Mojo with the USB cable a little bit and insert the cable a bit deeper, and it sounds great again, after a minute or so I hear that crackle, and the same thing happens again.

I've tested this out over the coarse of a few weeks, with my Sennheiser HD 650 and HD 540 Gold, to make sure it was not placebo of some sort.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #38,483 of 42,765
Yeah actually whenever that happens, I always hear a crackle in the sound before it starts, and then it starts to sounds slightly artifically brighter/less smooth and less full.

Then I curve the Mojo with the USB cable a little bit and insert the cable a bit deeper, and it sounds great again, after a minute or so I hear that crackle, and the same thing happens again.

I've tested this out over the coarse of a few weeks, with my Sennheiser HD 650 and HD 540 Gold, to make sure it was not placebo of some sort.
I haven’t been following the thread so I’m sorry if this was asked, but have you cleaned out the USB socket on the mojo? Just use compressed air.

Apr 8, 2019 at 6:50 PM Post #38,486 of 42,765
Hi, so I finally bought the Mojo and I have some problems.
1. When I try to set the volume at line out mode (pressing both volume buttons down right after its turned on) the volume buttons turn violet/magenta instead of light blue. Has anyone else had the same issue?
2. When I play music from Tidal via usb to mojo the power button is always orange no matter the sampling rate of the file played. I have installed the drivers for windows 10, I have read the FAQs at the first page but I couldn’t find a solution.
Can someone help :)

Apr 8, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #38,487 of 42,765
Hi, so I finally bought the Mojo and I have some problems.
1. When I try to set the volume at line out mode (pressing both volume buttons down right after its turned on) the volume buttons turn violet/magenta instead of light blue. Has anyone else had the same issue?
2. When I play music from Tidal via usb to mojo the power button is always orange no matter the sampling rate of the file played. I have installed the drivers for windows 10, I have read the FAQs at the first page but I couldn’t find a solution.
Can someone help :)

Regarding #1, press both vol balls before turning Mojo on to get to line out mode. Pressing them after changes the brightness of the balls (low, high).

Apr 9, 2019 at 3:16 AM Post #38,488 of 42,765

Your PC is resampling to 48Khz. In Tidal settings you need to select exclusive mode, also select bypass volume setting, or whatever its called. (I don't have my Mojo ATM so I can't check the exact wording of these, but you get the idea. :) )

Apr 9, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #38,489 of 42,765
@jarnopp I'm pressing the volume buttons while the power button is still blinking, when the device is starting, so I'm not doing it wrong, I know that if I press the vol buttons after the power button stops changing colors it dims the brightness of the leds. What I experience is that the default line out color of my device is set at purple for some reason. It also seems that the output voltage is much higher than 3Volts as it overdrives my speaker amp at this level.

However, if I understood correctly from other posts, the 3V double purple volume setting (aka line out mode) is not the highest volume available
@jdpark If I understand from this old comment of your's, does your unit have the same issue?

@SteveOliver thank you, it took me a while to find the settings on Tidal.

Apr 9, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #38,490 of 42,765
@jarnopp I'm pressing the volume buttons while the power button is still blinking, when the device is starting, so I'm not doing it wrong, I know that if I press the vol buttons after the power button stops changing colors it dims the brightness of the leds. What I experience is that the default line out color of my device is set at purple for some reason. It also seems that the output voltage is much higher than 3Volts as it overdrives my speaker amp at this level.

The user manual says, “To set the output level to 3V ( line level ) for connection to a preamplifier press both volume buttons together when switching on the unit. Both volume balls will illuminate light blue. This mode is not remembered so when you switch off it will reset back to the previous volume stored for safety reasons.”

I understand that to mean hold both down while powering on. Not press before and let go or press right after, but hold down while the Mojo powers on. Works for me and has for three years as part of my home office system. What to call the color created by the tricolor LEDs is anybody’s guess. Too many variables for me to call for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back