Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 2, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #38,446 of 42,765
Sorry @tacit , but you will have to give us all more contextual info than that, before other owners can try to help you:
  • How long is 'too slow'? 4 hours, 6 hours, 8 hours, 16 hours, or whatever. What seems too slow to you could be normal for everyone else.
  • Does the charging light remain constant, or is it blinking?
  • Are you using a normal charger, or one of the 'intelligent chargers' ?
  • What make of charger are you using?
Answers to those questions would be a good starter. :)
it is about 8 hours, it is not blinking, it is steady, i used normal 2A 5V charger by Samsung for Galaxy 9+

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #38,447 of 42,765
Your battery might be damaged.

How old is your Mojo, how hot does it get during charging, and what operating gtime do you get after a full charge?
How carefully did you treat the battery? Did you charge the Mojo while using it? Did you leave it connected to a charger for extended periods of time?

LiPo batteries can have vastly different lifetime depending on treatment.

For lifetime you should:
* store them at app. 30% charge state (never store them fully charged)
* avoid high temperatures in operation or storage (both reduces the lifetime)
* ideally keep them between 20% and 80% charge state

If it's damaged you'll have to either get it replaced by a dealer or source an original battery and swap it.
Mojo is new, it gets warm when charging, not really hot, it works 6-7 hours after charge, i did not leave on charger for extended time and I am very careful with batteries, my cell phones works for year without changing battery. I did not use Mojo while charging, it was not recommended.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #38,449 of 42,765
Mojo is new, it gets warm when charging, not really hot, it works 6-7 hours after charge, i did not leave on charger for extended time and I am very careful with batteries, my cell phones works for year without changing battery. I did not use Mojo while charging, it was not recommended.
For reference, the scenarios are:
  • brand new mojo and battery first charge - charge only, do not try and play at the same time
  • near empty battery - charge only, because charge plus play, will result in mojo becoming very hot
  • near full battery - can charge plus play, because mojo will play without becoming too hot

Apr 2, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #38,451 of 42,765
Thank you very much for your answer, somewhere I read that charging is 4 hours. Could I use QC3 or iSmart charger? Some site recommend them.

You can but it won't charge any faster, Mojo will only charge at up to 1A I believe.

Edit: RTFM, its in the manual.

mojo manual.PNG

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #38,457 of 42,765
Not hugely important, but wondering if anyone could help me understand how to read the volume indicator better. So, I know that Blue-Blue is 2.0 Volts. But to my eyes, there are 2 Blue-Blue settings (one when you first come up from Light Blue-Blue and the other if you press up again, just before Blue-Violet).

How do I know which is 2.0 Volts (the standard for Line Out according to many)?

Also wanted to add that this device is truly amazing. As a musician my entire life, there are so many ways that the Mojo reproduces music more accurately than any other interface I've used. I read some of Rob's comments about Noise Floor and how the slightest amount of noise from other DACs pollutes the sound. When I listen to the Mojo with headphones, I can totally hear the space around the sounds that normally is muddled and veiled. Also, the timing is just unbelievable. I hope to have the time to write up my thoughts more cohesively at some point, as the marvels of this little beauty cannot be understated. So glad I followed the hype train on this one. To be honest, the hype doesn't even live up to the reality.

Apr 4, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #38,458 of 42,765
Not hugely important, but wondering if anyone could help me understand how to read the volume indicator better. So, I know that Blue-Blue is 2.0 Volts. But to my eyes, there are 2 Blue-Blue settings (one when you first come up from Light Blue-Blue and the other if you press up again, just before Blue-Violet).

Also wanted to add that this device is truly amazing. As a musician my entire life, there are so many ways that the Mojo reproduces music more accurately than any other interface I've used. I read some of Rob's comments about Noise Floor and how the slightest amount of noise from other DACs pollutes the sound. When I listen to the Mojo with headphones, I can totally hear the space around the sounds that normally is muddled and veiled. Also, the timing is just unbelievable. I hope to have the time to write up my thoughts more cohesively at some point, as the marvels of this little beauty cannot be understated. So glad I followed the hype train on this one. To be honest, the hype doesn't even live up to the reality.

I'm actually not sure how to answer your question. For me, it seems to be the first blue-blue that is 2.0 V precisely, but I haven't measured yet

I agree with your second comment, for a musician, Mojo is like a really important tool, not just an audiophile DAC/AMP but a really handy tool. You see it in almost every music production studio in Romania lol :)

Apr 4, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #38,459 of 42,765

Agreed. Are you using USB with the Mojo?

Apr 4, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #38,460 of 42,765

There is only one setting at 2V (1.9V actually). You get there by putting Mojo in to line-level mode and then click the volume minus button 4 times to get to 1.9V. The lower blue indication (closer to zero volume) is in the low zone where the balls change colour individually and would be a very low Voltage output level in comparison.

Conversely, if you are in the 1.9V setting and then press volume up you will get in to the white territory, where the volume minus button stays white and the volume plus button changes colour.

Remember that the line-level mode is just a volume preset that is forgotton after the Mojo is powered down. Please use caution when you adjust the volume that high when using sensitive headphones/IEMs as the volume setting will now be remembered on the next power cycle.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back