Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Mar 27, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #38,431 of 42,765
As an alternative, someone could just answer the question.

Someone nice on Reddit said:

"Let Tidal set the sample rate. When selecting the output device there should be an advanced settings option that allows tidal to output bit perfect to the DAC."

I don't know how to do this. I found an Output option in Tidal that I set to Mojo, but I am still seeing the color on Mojo locked at whatever rate I set in the Audio Midi Setup application.

How do I do the "output bit perfect to the DAC" thing?

Please help a newb!

Well, have you read the FAQ?

Mar 28, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #38,433 of 42,765
Mar 29, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #38,438 of 42,765
I like the fact that it comes with very little as then most of the money has gone towards the dac.

Well, I don't mind it much, I think you can easily get high-quality cables easily nowadays, just wanted to point out that they are rather spartan, compared to even something entry-level like the Audirect Beam, which comes with way more cables :)

Mar 30, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #38,439 of 42,765
I like the fact that it comes with very little as then most of the money has gone towards the dac.
Anyone who wants a lot of cables, can always buy the cable kit.
Also the Mojo was originally designed to be portable, and potentially connect by cable to a multitude of phones/daps/transports, some with bespoke socket types/sizes.
Anyone reading the thousands of posts from the start of the thread, can quickly see that many of the thousands of owners also wanted custom cables, with bespoke lengths or materials (copper or silver) or sheaths, etc.
No one cable supplied by Chord could ever hope to satisfy all these use cases, so it makes sense for chord to devote the money to the dac, and let users buy the specific cable that suits their needs/preferences.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #38,444 of 42,765
Your battery might be damaged.

How old is your Mojo, how hot does it get during charging, and what operating gtime do you get after a full charge?
How carefully did you treat the battery? Did you charge the Mojo while using it? Did you leave it connected to a charger for extended periods of time?

LiPo batteries can have vastly different lifetime depending on treatment.

For lifetime you should:
* store them at app. 30% charge state (never store them fully charged)
* avoid high temperatures in operation or storage (both reduces the lifetime)
* ideally keep them between 20% and 80% charge state

If it's damaged you'll have to either get it replaced by a dealer or source an original battery and swap it.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #38,445 of 42,765
Hello Chord Mojo users, my Chord Mojo charges too slow even with 2A charger. What is the problem?
Sorry @tacit , but you will have to give us all more contextual info than that, before other owners can try to help you:
  • How long is 'too slow'? 4 hours, 6 hours, 8 hours, 16 hours, or whatever. What seems too slow to you could be normal for everyone else.
  • Does the charging light remain constant, or is it blinking?
  • Are you using a normal charger, or one of the 'intelligent chargers' ?
  • What make of charger are you using?
Answers to those questions would be a good starter. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back