Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 15, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #34,786 of 42,765
I’m using thr Mojo as dac in my main system, everything is so balanced and controlled, the only issue seem the highs that are too much rolled off.

But I am actually using a supermarket cable don’t know who is the guilty.

The other parts of the overall sound are instead far better than my ordinary dac.

I am really happy that you are trying the Mojo in a system, and finding its qualities. That's mostly how I find the Mojo, apart from sounding rolled off.

I think the Mojo is meant to be set up a little warmer than neutral. That's actually bouncing me even more to get the Hugo 2, which I will buy anyway.

Initially I was inclined to be resistant to leaving behind my Meridian Explorer for its warm thick sound. However I saw straight off the Mojo had the clearly better detail level. That kept me listening and of course the encouragement of others, and reviews. It really was all uphill after about ten days or two weeks. It just gets better and better and becomes a staple of my music and gaming sound. Literally to the point where I could not live without a Chord DAC. I started to realise though that the mojo was the more realistic signature. Not just from the detail level, More that the Meridian Explorer was being thick sounding to appeal. The Meridian Explorer is still a good DAC though, and still a five star product for its price. (The ME2 is said to be even better.) Even no w when I go back to the ME(1), I get pangs for it. The Mojo wins me back every single time though, and it's no contest.

I had to be without Mojo for a few weeks and I was miserable, as mine went faulty. As soon as I got another it was straight back to being happier. I found minimal or no burn in time with my second Mojo, which strongly advocates brain burn in, over DAC burn in. I just felt back to the music.

All said though, if the Mojo is a little warm sounding, I don't feel it lacks high end bite. Quite the opposite, the top end is very good. I think it was designed to be a touch warm for making mobile use not bright or clinical. Or something like that, but don't quote me please.

Have fun and good luck with it.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #34,787 of 42,765
Gotta say I'm pretty pissed off and disappointed in Chord. My Mojo hasn't worked since May, and I have been trying to get into contact with Chord since then. I finally got a reply......and they told me to go to the dealer I bought it from. Would have been nice to have had that reply back in May. Now I'm not getting a reply from the dealer. I just want a Mojo that works again!!!

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #34,788 of 42,765
Gotta say I'm pretty pissed off and disappointed in Chord. My Mojo hasn't worked since May, and I have been trying to get into contact with Chord since then. I finally got a reply......and they told me to go to the dealer I bought it from. Would have been nice to have had that reply back in May. Now I'm not getting a reply from the dealer. I just want a Mojo that works again!!!

I got lucky that the dealer I went through is awesome, because Chord's attitude of "yeah we made it, but you deal with it if you have problems" does not inspire much confidence.

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #34,790 of 42,765
I just gotta say once more ... what in the world is making you think going to OEM is good move? Do you do that with appliances? cars? home goods? sundries? groceries? furniture? landscaping? plumbing equipment? coffee?

When you're unhappy with your coq au vin at a restaurant do you try to contact the chicken farm?

It's bizarre.

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #34,791 of 42,765
DB9BFEB8-B021-462E-A749-D20C810370BA.jpeg

Titans vs. God’s.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 10:43 PM Post #34,792 of 42,765
I just gotta say once more ... what in the world is making you think going to OEM is good move? Do you do that with appliances? cars? home goods? sundries? groceries? furniture? landscaping? plumbing equipment? coffee?

When you're unhappy with your coq au vin at a restaurant do you try to contact the chicken farm?

It's bizarre.

Was that directed at me?

If so, when I have a problem with my Audezes, I contacted Audeze. They fixed them. When I had a problem with my Focals, I contacted Focal, and they fixed them. When I had a problem with my Abyss, I contacted Abyss, and they fixed them. See a pattern here? I should also mention, when I contacted the mentioned manufacturers, they got back to me within a day.

Dec 16, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #34,793 of 42,765
Was that directed at me?

If so, when I have a problem with my Audezes, I contacted Audeze. They fixed them. When I had a problem with my Focals, I contacted Focal, and they fixed them. When I had a problem with my Abyss, I contacted Abyss, and they fixed them. See a pattern here? I should also mention, when I contacted the mentioned manufacturers, they got back to me within a day.

As already mentioned above things are a bit different in Europe. Over here its currently usual to contact the dealer/seller first if you have an issue with an item and need service.

Sadly this is gradually being eroded away though with big companies like Amazon etc. shifting support and warranty issues to the manufacturer after the initial very brief warranty period. I for one am sad to see this, but that's the Internet for you.

Dec 16, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #34,794 of 42,765
I am really happy that you are trying the Mojo in a system, and finding its qualities. That's mostly how I find the Mojo, apart from sounding rolled off.

I think the Mojo is meant to be set up a little warmer than neutral. That's actually bouncing me even more to get the Hugo 2, which I will buy anyway.

Initially I was inclined to be resistant to leaving behind my Meridian Explorer for its warm thick sound. However I saw straight off the Mojo had the clearly better detail level. That kept me listening and of course the encouragement of others, and reviews. It really was all uphill after about ten days or two weeks. It just gets better and better and becomes a staple of my music and gaming sound. Literally to the point where I could not live without a Chord DAC. I started to realise though that the mojo was the more realistic signature. Not just from the detail level, More that the Meridian Explorer was being thick sounding to appeal. The Meridian Explorer is still a good DAC though, and still a five star product for its price. (The ME2 is said to be even better.) Even no w when I go back to the ME(1), I get pangs for it. The Mojo wins me back every single time though, and it's no contest.

I had to be without Mojo for a few weeks and I was miserable, as mine went faulty. As soon as I got another it was straight back to being happier. I found minimal or no burn in time with my second Mojo, which strongly advocates brain burn in, over DAC burn in. I just felt back to the music.

All said though, if the Mojo is a little warm sounding, I don't feel it lacks high end bite. Quite the opposite, the top end is very good. I think it was designed to be a touch warm for making mobile use not bright or clinical. Or something like that, but don't quote me please.

Have fun and good luck with it.

Very interesting feedback from you, thanks.

Still testing (enjoy) the Mojo in both ways, as only dac (line level) on my main system and as dac/amp for my hd650 (iphone as source, tidal).

As dac is currently a winner (and i am using a very cheap cable actually) apart the high end that maybe i need to get used to it.

As also amp, instead, while I am aware about all the benefits of it in term of overall resolution and “tune”, I somehow miss the impact punch slam fullness that i got from my desktop dac amp.

These are still my feedbacks.

I hav two questions:

1) the jitterbug is really interesting? I can easy have it from amazon.

2) with a lower impedance hp i could have better results or otherwise with a dedicated amp (bh crack, etc.). I mean not in SQ but i mean in “filling” more powerful the hp.

Dec 16, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #34,795 of 42,765
For those who are interested, I have tested several usb micro cables with my Mojo and have arrived to the following conclusions.

1.) Audioquest Pearl, Forest and Cinnamon cables typically fit loosely(usb micro end) and may lead to occasional or repeated audio glitches.

2.) For the budget conscious, I highly recommend the stock 6" cable, Anker Powerline or Monoprice cable with ferrite core.
https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerL...62597&sr=8-3&keywords=PowerLine+1ft+Micro+USB
https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030307&p_id=5456&seq=1&format=2

3.) Tone altering characteristics of cables are highly controversial and a purely subjective endeavor. At a cost of $80(1-ft.) it is not inexpensive, but the Moon Audio Blue Dragon cable(occ copper) is well made, usb micro end fits well and at least, to my ears, it offers a pleasant compromise in sound neutrality, accuracy and tonal qualities.
https://www.moon-audio.com/blue-dragon-usb-cable.html

Keep in mind that all of the above are strictly my opinion. YMMV.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #34,796 of 42,765
For those who are interested, I have tested several usb micro cables with my Mojo and have arrived to the following conclusions.

1.) Audioquest Pearl, Forest and Cinnamon cables typically fit loosely(usb micro end) and may lead to occasional or repeated audio glitches.

2.) For the budget conscious, I highly recommend the stock 6" cable or Monoprice cable with ferrite core.
https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030307&p_id=5456&seq=1&format=2

3.) Tone altering characteristics of cables are highly controversial and a purely subjective endeavor. At a cost of $80(1-ft.) it is not inexpensive, but the Moon Audio Blue Dragon cable(occ copper) is well made, usb micro end fits well and at least, to my ears, it offers a pleasant compromise in sound neutrality and accuracy.
https://www.moon-audio.com/blue-dragon-usb-cable.html

Keep in mind that all of the above are strictly my opinion. YMMV.

Mmm, I have in my shopping list the Forest and the Evergreen (need both kind).

Still didn’t bought the because I am still insecure about the size.

But your post makes me stop, but i am not sure to spend 80 dollars for the usb.

Thanks for your precious opinion.

Dec 16, 2017 at 8:26 AM Post #34,797 of 42,765
Mmm, I have in my shopping list the Forest and the Evergreen (need both kind).

Still didn’t bought the because I am still insecure about the size.

But your post makes me stop, but i am not sure to spend 80 dollars for the usb.

Thanks for your precious opinion.

The Evergreen's work well. I use them for both mini cable(3.5mm) and rca applications. Another good less expensive alternative would be the Tower's which are the entry level line. Unless you are very discerning or ultra-critical, the Monoprice usb micro cable with ferrite core is cheap and should suit your needs. You are very welcome.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #34,799 of 42,765
The Evergreen's work well. I use them for both mini cable(3.5mm) and rca applications. Another good less expensive alternative would be the Tower's which are the entry level line. Unless you are very discerning or ultra-critical, the Monoprice usb micro cable with ferrite core is cheap and should suit your needs. You are very welcome.

Amazon Italia should have Monoprice usb in the catalog, with the save money (saved by the not bought Forest) I could give a try to the Jitterbug. This one with 30 days of window back without any shipping costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back