Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Dec 14, 2017 at 4:58 PM Post #34,771 of 42,765
Why are you going to Chord for repairs? They have a dealer network and the purpose of that is to provide service. Your dealer should repair it. If not I believe they should lose their licence to sell Chord products.

When my Shure se846 had issues I went to Shure. When my Audeze had issues I went to Audeze. If a Macbook has issues you go to Apple. What the hell world do you live in?

Dec 14, 2017 at 6:33 PM Post #34,774 of 42,765
Chord has posted several times if you have issues with your mojo contact your dealer directly. If they can't help then contact Chord.

Wonderful business strategy.

"Yeah, we built and manufactured it, but talk to the people who just put the box on a shelf, they should know what to do."

Then again, what ought I expect from the company whose answer to interference issues is "keep it away from the mobile device this thing was designed to be used with."

Dec 14, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #34,775 of 42,765
I already have one and some other days of window return ... I am thinking what to do :)

It actually is a great business strategy which is why most manufacturers use a dealer network to gain scale, and nobody hid this fact from you because you bought it from a dealer not Chord direct.

That said, the 1 year warranty on a $500+ device is pretty scary, especially given the myriad of build issues with the Mojo. Mine has the EMI problem and the battery whine which 3 years ago the CEO said at the beginning of thread was limited to only a few devices. If you can't return it (and don't assume you can't - ask your dealer) work with them and use the warranty for what it's for.

@RiseFall123 you should probably return it as you're not going to be happy with it.

For me, I can DEFINITELY hear a difference in quality with the Mojo and what I'll call resolution. If use my phone or laptop direct it's like the life has disappeared from the music, and this goes for movies / TV too. That said, the Mojo isn't unique in this respect and there are $100 DACs that to my ear will give you 90% of the same sound quality / feeling ... but they don't have the Mojo's portability or design and, while they might provide the similar quality sound, it's not the same sound. Mojo has a unique, and to my ear, great sound.

The Mojo has a unique sound in a unique package so ultimately you just have to decide if one or both of those qualities if worth it.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #34,776 of 42,765
It actually is a great business strategy which is why most manufacturers use a dealer network to gain scale, and nobody hid this fact from you because you bought it from a dealer not Chord direct.

I bought my Audeze stuff from the same store I got the Mojo, I bought the Shure se846 from B&H in NYC, I got Mee P1 from Amazon, and in all those cases I went to the manufacturer and they dealt with the issue. But aight. Sure.

Dec 14, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #34,777 of 42,765

"Yeah, we built and manufactured it, but talk to the people who just put the box on a shelf, they should know what to do."

Then again, what ought I expect from the company whose answer to interference issues is "keep it away from the mobile device this thing was designed to be used with."

They should know because Chord have invested time and money onto training the dealers and building the network. Unless you happen to live next door to Chord, then I don't really understand your issue. Take your item or send it to your dealer with instructions to fix it. It will then be fixed and you will have it back in 100% working order. This is the way it works with most consumer stuff, refrigerators, vaccume cleaners, dishwashers, etc. It is a tried and trusted system.

Dec 14, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #34,778 of 42,765
I bought my Audeze stuff from the same store I got the Mojo, I bought the Shure se846 from B&H in NYC, I got Mee P1 from Amazon, and in all those cases I went to the manufacturer and they dealt with the issue. But aight. Sure.
They should know because Chord have invested time and money onto training the dealers and building the network.

^^^ uh, yeah, that ... @SomeGuyDude, you do realize that the people that design these products also design the optimal way for sales, service, and warranty work which is called "the dealer network".

So you're essentially circumventing the intended service model design and hoping it works better than the OEM's design.

Glad it's working out for you, but probably not a great move.

Dec 15, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #34,781 of 42,765
At least in Europe it's usually the standard to return the items to the dealer. If my TV breaks, I won't contact LG, I just return it to the store I bought it from.

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:56 AM Post #34,782 of 42,765
Sorry if this is a repeat question but holy cr&p there’s over 2300 pages in this thread! :wink:

I’m looking for a short optical interconnect to use for portable use for stacking a source to the mojo. Does anyone have any good tips for a reasonably priced option?

So far I’m struggling to find much around under 0.5m in length:
• Fiio L12S short (described as 7cm or 16 cm end-to-end). This looks perfect but is discontinued.
• ALO audio portable optical cable: perfect, cheap, but shipping is $40 USD for a $20 USD cable!
• Moon audio: too expensive

There’s custom options from the likes of Sys concepts but I’m looking for an off-the-shelf option to keep the price down. Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Here you go from aliexpress. It's just $0.70 and looks like the one shipped with HUGO-1.

18cm-Square-to-Square-TOSLINK-Digital-Audio-short-audio-optical-cable-for-PC-TV-DVD-stereo.jpg_220x220.jpg

This and an L-shaped mini adapter, you should be set.
s-l1600.jpg

Dec 15, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #34,784 of 42,765
I’m using thr Mojo as dac in my main system, everything is so balanced and controlled, the only issue seem the highs that are too much rolled off.

But I am actually using a supermarket cable don’t know who is the guilty.

The other parts of the overall sound are instead far better than my ordinary dac.

Dec 15, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #34,785 of 42,765
I’m using thr Mojo as dac in my main system, everything is so balanced and controlled, the only issue seem the highs that are too much rolled off.

But I am actually using a supermarket cable don’t know who is the guilty.

The other parts of the overall sound are instead far better than my ordinary dac.
I don't think highs are rolled-off. You can generate some sine waves and check the levels if your particular Mojo have issues in the treble area. Maybe you had some super harsh sources (DACs or amps) before and your ears are so used to that but speaking of the Mojo I have, I can surely say there is no roll-off at lows or highs, completely transparent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back