Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 13, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #31,756 of 42,765
  One of my Mojos has gone bad, can't get reply from Chord Customer service.

All three of my Mojos ran cool and played flawlessly. I replaced thousands of pounds worth of DACs with Mojos. Recently one of them would not stay on whilst charging and not playing. After a day I would find it with the white flashing light and completely flat, so the charger was timing out. I have tried 3 different chargers (Anker high power 10W per channel and even my iPad Pro 14W charger). If I get it back on by unplugging it and waiting then replugging the USB charging cable in it will start to charge up. I can get it fully charged but it will self discharge overnight whilst switched off. When playing it gets much hotter than the others. I have changed the cables, lengths of cables but everything works with two, nothing with the rogue. I contacted customer support some two or three weeks ago but had no response. Is there an easier way to get this RMAed. 

It doesn't sound normal. However the mojo battery charging circuitry can go into a protective mode, if the battery has been deeply discharged (see post #3).
The advice is normally to switch the mojo off, and let the battery very slow charge, until it reaches the minimum normal charge level.

However it sounds like you are already doing that, so it is concerning that your mojo runs hot, and discharges rapidly.

The Chord RMA process is for you to contact your dealer, who will start the RMA chain dealer>national distributor>Chord.
That possibly explains why Chord Customer Support have not responded.

Maybe @Mojo ideas could send you a PM, and put your mind at rest. 

Apr 13, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #31,758 of 42,765
  One of my Mojos has gone bad, can't get reply from Chord Customer service.

According to Chord it is too much trouble for them to deal with stuff like this and the distributor should deal with the issue. That is apparently what their "expensive" distribution network is for. You could always try giving Chord a call though.

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #31,759 of 42,765
So far Mojo has been a headache for me. did a reformat on both computers. and the issues are fixed but the mojo still crashes. its pretty ridiculous and annoying. never had so many headaches with any product. I am supposed to be writing a review on it soon. and I feel disappointed. it sounds amazing on android but horrible to far since i cant even get it to work. on PC

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #31,760 of 42,765
So far Mojo has been a headache for me. did a reformat on both computers. and the issues are fixed but the mojo still crashes. its pretty ridiculous and annoying. never had so many headaches with any product. I am supposed to be writing a review on it soon. and I feel disappointed. it sounds amazing on android but horrible to far since i cant even get it to work. on PC

Have you tried another pc? I use Mojo with my windows 10 pc and never experienced a BSOD.

It could be something else on your computer doing this, how did you determine it was Mojo?

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #31,761 of 42,765
Have you tried another pc? I use Mojo with my windows 10 pc and never experienced a BSOD.

It could be something else on your computer doing this, how did you determine it was Mojo?

its been 2 windows 10 PC's Im planning on trying one more. and maybe a MAC when i get the chance but still not cool. the Schiit fulla 2 I own just works immediately

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #31,763 of 42,765
  Hello everyone , Is it common to have issues with windows 10?, I am a new Mojo owner here and I keep getting blue screens with the mojo. it seems to lock up my sound settings as well. I am currently on the latest drivers. Ive done all type of clean installs and nothing seems to work . any advice?

Haha yes its always common to have problems with windows.

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #31,764 of 42,765
@Hypespazm   Try this. Grab a 4GB or higher Thumbdrive. Download a "Live" copy of any Linux Distro. Boot the distro, pop in the Mojo. If it works... it is Windows and not your PC hardware, the Mojo or the cable. It would be a Windows/Driver issue somewhere. If I understand correctly, Linux and OSX do not need drivers.

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:31 PM Post #31,765 of 42,765
How can you afford a mojo and what I assume are decent headphones if you can not afford Tidal? 

One reason: Because Tidal is NOT available in our country yet, and that leaves us in "envy" of you people who enjoy their Mojo + Tidal combos. 
beyersmile.png

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #31,767 of 42,765

Use SPDIF and problem solved

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:32 AM Post #31,768 of 42,765
Hey fellas, so I recently picked up the Cayin N3 to use with my mojo based on some recommendations here. I wanted to make sure I have everything configured properly as I am not entirely sure I am getting bit-perfect audio (or if it really truly matters). I have tried usb-c from the cayin to coax, and I am almost positive the cayin is processing the audio first before sending it (as pcm maybe?). The sample rate color still changes on the mojo correctly, but I can still control the volume on the cayin too, as well as equalizer and gain, etc. usb-c to usb-micro directly to the mojo seems better as I can no longer control volume from the cayin, but the equalizer settings do still provide an audible difference. So I am not 100% sure if I am doing something wrong.

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #31,769 of 42,765
According to Chord it is too much trouble for them to deal with stuff like this and the distributor should deal with the issue. That is apparently what their "expensive" distribution network is for. You could always try giving Chord a call though.
I think you've given great advise Mike however if the unit does indeed have a problem that is not solved by a power off long charge then I suggest if he feels he has no dealer he can contact. he should pack the unit carefully along with written note with his full
name email and address and a description of the fault we will check it out and fix it. Note I didn't every say not to contact us direct but it should be later resort as we are pretty busy.

It doesn't sound normal. However the mojo battery charging circuitry can go into a protective mode, if the battery has been deeply discharged (see post #3).
The advice is normally to switch the mojo off, and let the battery very slow charge, until it reaches the minimum normal charge level.

However it sounds like you are already doing that, so it is concerning that your mojo runs hot, and discharges rapidly.

The Chord RMA process is for you to contact your dealer, who will start the RMA chain dealer>national distributor>Chord.
That possibly explains why Chord Customer Support have not responded.

Maybe @Mojo ideas
 could send you a PM, and put your mind at rest. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back