Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 13, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #31,741 of 42,765
Hello, I am a bit of a newbie here, and I don't have the time to sort through 30,000 posts, so please forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I currently have the Schiit Jotenheim with the Balanced DAC module, and I was wondering, since the chord mojo and the Schiit Jotenheim are similarly priced, how do they compare to each other?

Sorry if this is completely irrelevant, ex. Portable vs desktop? I would still like to know how they compare, maybe I could have my portable solution also be my desktop solution

EDIT: I have the LCD 2, and I am planning on Upgrade to the LCD X or Ether Flow

Hello,

Using the 'Search this thread' functionality with the Keyword Jotenheim gives just these 10 posts to read. http://www.head-fi.org/newsearch/?search=Jotenheim&resultSortingPreference=recency&byuser=&output=posts&sdate=0&newer=1&type=all&containingthread%5B0%5D=784602&advanced=1

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #31,743 of 42,765
The following is not exactly an answer to your question, but might be a relevant data point.

I used to use Modi Multibit + an amp as my desktop system and wasn't getting full use out of my Mojo since I'm deskbound so much of the time.  Eventually I started plugging my Mojo into the amp and stopped using the MM altogether; to me Mojo was enough of a sonic upgrade over the MM to be worth the very modest hassle of unplugging/replugging the Mojo before/after portable use.  But I still use the amp at my desk despite Mojo being perfectly able to drive my headphones superbly on its own, simply because at my desk I really prefer the convenience of a volume knob.

So you prefer the Mojo to a Modi Multibit? Interesting.

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #31,744 of 42,765
  Hello guys New to the Chord Scene and Just got a new Mojo, Can any of you help me figure out why I keep getting BSOD on windows 10. My mojo works 100% fine with LG v20. Im just not sure why its not wanting to work. ive done everything I could think of.

Tried on difference PC's Different Drivers. Clean install of drivers and clean wipe. nothing seems to work. I mainly use USB on all my devices. 
 for some reason the chord when it is plugged in seems to lock all my sound settings and doesnt work with any sound. nor does foobar work

any help is greatly appreciated.. I would like to use this on my desktop 

Have you tried a different USB cable? Is it possible the one you have is damaged internally or at one of the connectors? 

Apr 13, 2017 at 8:51 AM Post #31,745 of 42,765
  Have you tried a different USB cable? Is it possible the one you have is damaged internally or at one of the connectors? 

I have tried another USB. its very strange because the MOJO works completely fine with Android. I will try another usb right now and see but Im not sure this will fix the issue since ive used the same usb with the Schiit fulla 2

Apr 13, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #31,746 of 42,765
Hello everyone , Is it common to have issues with windows 10?, I am a new Mojo owner here and I keep getting blue screens with the mojo. it seems to lock up my sound settings as well. I am currently on the latest drivers. Ive done all type of clean installs and nothing seems to work . any advice?

Apr 13, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #31,747 of 42,765
Apr 13, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #31,749 of 42,765
Hello everyone , Is it common to have issues with windows 10?, I am a new Mojo owner here and I keep getting blue screens with the mojo. it seems to lock up my sound settings as well. I am currently on the latest drivers. Ive done all type of clean installs and nothing seems to work . any advice?

Two thoughts:

1. I presume that you are using the Chord Windows driver
    Microsoft are rolling out a new version of win 10, and I hope that they haven't done an apple on us

Apr 13, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #31,750 of 42,765
Interestingly, last night when I pugged in my Apple Lightning to USB3 adapter to my iPhone, it started sending a firmware update to the adapter. I'm not sure what changed and it still works (worked before too). My third party Meevo one still does not work however for me the issue is minor since the Apple once works fine. 

If you have an Apple one that is not working, you might try to see if it updates when plugging it in to your iOS device. 

Apr 13, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #31,751 of 42,765

Not sure how common your issues are, but I've had zero issues with Windows 10. I also have the latest update of Windows installed, and haven't had any problems. Maybe there's something else malfunctioning in your computer.

Do you have a legit Windows 10 copy? I used to have issues with some DACs with a non-legit copy of Windows 7.

Apr 13, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #31,752 of 42,765

Not sure how common your issues are, but I've had zero issues with Windows 10. I also have the latest update of Windows installed, and haven't had any problems. Maybe there's something else malfunctioning in your computer.

Do you have a legit Windows 10 copy? I used to have issues with some DACs with a non-legit copy of Windows 7.

Yes this is a brand new laptop. its a skylake based i3

Apr 13, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #31,755 of 42,765
One of my Mojos has gone bad, can't get reply from Chord Customer service.

All three of my Mojos ran cool and played flawlessly. I replaced thousands of pounds worth of DACs with Mojos. Recently one of them would not stay on whilst charging and not playing. After a day I would find it with the white flashing light and completely flat, so the charger was timing out. I have tried 3 different chargers (Anker high power 10W per channel and even my iPad Pro 14W charger). If I get it back on by unplugging it and waiting then replugging the USB charging cable in it will start to charge up. I can get it fully charged but it will self discharge overnight whilst switched off. When playing it gets much hotter than the others. I have changed the cables, lengths of cables but everything works with two, nothing with the rogue. I contacted customer support some two or three weeks ago but had no response. Is there an easier way to get this RMAed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back