Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Apr 16, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #31,786 of 42,765
So I am wondering when they will launch their new HI res Spottily they will need a special version of their player to circumvallate the android  upsampling

https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/1/14776780/spotify-hi-fi-preparing-launch-lossless-audio-tier

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #31,788 of 42,765
So I am wondering when they will launch their new HI res Spotifify they will need a special version of their player to circumvallate the android  upsampling

To be clear, it won't be Hi Res, they call it Hi Fi. Big difference. The bandwidth required to stream Hi Res is huge, which is why MQA is a lossy format which is able to get the file size down to acceptable levels for streaming.

Hi Fi simply is referring to lossless vs lossy encoding and will be the same as CD quality which is 16/44.1, the same as lossy codecs but with a much higher bit rate, not a higher bit depth.

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #31,789 of 42,765
So About MQA witch is lossy, is it an improvement over lossless with a lesser bit rate?

Apr 16, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #31,790 of 42,765
  So About MQA witch is lossy, is it an improvement over lossless with a lesser bit rate?

That's a giant can of marketing worms I don't want to get in to.

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #31,793 of 42,765
you sure? I thought it was only the built in music app that didn't upsample?

The music app and third party apps bypass the Android SRC according to FiiO. I haven't tested all scenarios because they haven't properly implemented coaxial and USB audio out yet. The point is, semantics aside, that not all implementations are identical, as you pointed out yourself. I simply said the Onkyo Android OS because the OP was using the DPX-1 and Android was causing the upsampling, not Spotify. Nothing more, nothing less.

I see no point in spiraling OT about this. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:17 PM Post #31,794 of 42,765
So what is the story with the iOS upgrade? The Mojo works fine (and always sounds great) as long as I don't move it. But if I take this highly portable device out and go for a walk, I'm losing connections every few minutes. Saying wait until Apple releases its next iOS upgrade doesn't work for me (I'm still within my return period at Amazon, and I really want to keep the Mojo, but it has to work...)

Here is the post from the Chord Mojo Facebook page as of April 13:

IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR USERS OF APPLE DEVICES:
Apple have recently released iOS 10.3 software update for iPad, iPhone and iPod and this has affected the operation of some of their accessories including the lightning to USB adapter cable (camera connection kit).
This is causing issues where the audio will not play on the connected product but the track will still show as playing on Apple device.
Apple have been made aware.
Consequently DAC/headphone products including Mojo may be affected and the current advice is to wait for the next release of the iOS 10 before updating.
We'll keep you updated on any more feedback from Apple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back