Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 8, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #28,681 of 42,765

That is what I am trying to determine. If there are no dropouts, does that necessarily mean the external wifi disk is streaming perfectly?  Netflix creates different streams for various connection speeds.  My wireless external drive does not (I think), so wouldn't it be a bit perfect transfer of the original, uncompressed AIFF file to the phone / Mojo?

far as I know for now wireless sound max you can do is 192/24bit (with out interrupt) and thats it.. can't go any farther then that.. and you will never able to get DSD sound out of wireless... (for now at least..)

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #28,682 of 42,765

far as I know for now wireless sound max you can do is 192/24bit (with out interrupt) and thats it.. can't go any farther then that.. and you will never able to get DSD sound out of wireless... (for now at least..)

That's ok for me. I'm happy if I am getting the pure uncompressed 44.1/16.  Mojo does great with a CD, so if I can stream that, all the better.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:09 AM Post #28,683 of 42,765
With all my respect. Obviously, something went wrong with the Poly. We, the users, are not happy. A product has to be attractive by Itself. We need to feel the desire of purchasing and having the product. You guys at chord can justify your decision, but that is the point, you shouldn't be justifying and explaining anything if the whole package (device, features, price) was right. I understand there is a state of the art technology involved. I also understand there are much, much more expensive audio equipment out there. The problem, in my opinion is that the Poly was targeted to the wrong user segment. You can reply to me and say how wrong I am, but the truth is that the Poly hasn't created the same impact and excitement as the Mojo.

Perhaps if a similar product was created as an add on for the Hugo with the same price as the Poly, it would have been an instant success. If you think about it, the add on would have been a fraction of the price of the Hugo.

Probably the problem is not the Poly, the problem is many of us, including myself. The average guy, with average money, with a huge love for audio. Probably the problem was targeting the Poly to the average guy, like me.

If you need to explain and defend the Poly, something just went wrong. Don't you think?

But the Poly IS what I'm looking for.  It will replace a very expensive MacBook Pro if truly Roon Ready.  And NO! I have not been able to accomplish this cleanly with Raspberry Pi and HiFiBerry.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:10 AM Post #28,684 of 42,765
Has anyone compared schitt modimultibit against mojo? ive read some differences but in the same ball park.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:33 AM Post #28,685 of 42,765
  Has anyone compared schitt modimultibit against mojo? ive read some differences but in the same ball park.

I have auditioned the Jotunheim with the integrated DAC (based on the AKM AK4490 chip used in Bifrost), broken-in, with my Ether C Flows. The difference (even with the balanced implementation) in soundstage, resolution, and SQ (sorry for such a generic term; I'm not articulate with audiophile vernacular, yet) was big enough to return it without a second thought. Which left me a bit confused: Why even bother to offer an integrated DAC chip when the Mojo exists? As Jude mentions in one of his Head-Fi YouTube videos, it has terrific specifications as a balanced, standalone amplifier, for the price.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #28,686 of 42,765
why is the poly worth so much? am i missing something? wouldnt it be cheaper to just get a Bluetooth transmitter for $25 with aptx transmission.  With the money saved get a aune ms1 and extra power back and still have extra change left to spend on nice earbuds. Does the poly support Aptx?

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:40 AM Post #28,687 of 42,765
  why is the poly worth so much? am i missing something? wouldnt it be cheaper to just get a Bluetooth transmitter for $25 with aptx transmission.  With the money saved get a aune ms1 and extra power back and still have extra change left to spend on nice earbuds. Does the poly support Aptx?

I think you are missing something.  But, we all are because we don't have all the full specs and capabilities yet.  We should soon.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #28,688 of 42,765
With all my respect. Obviously, something went wrong with the Poly. We, the users, are not happy. A product has to be attractive by Itself. We need to feel the desire of purchasing and having the product. You guys at chord can justify your decision, but that is the point, you shouldn't be justifying and explaining anything if the whole package (device, features, price) was right. I understand there is a state of the art technology involved. I also understand there are much, much more expensive audio equipment out there. The problem, in my opinion is that the Poly was targeted to the wrong user segment. You can reply to me and say how wrong I am, but the truth is that the Poly hasn't created the same impact and excitement as the Mojo.

Perhaps if a similar product was created as an add on for the Hugo with the same price as the Poly, it would have been an instant success. If you think about it, the add on would have been a fraction of the price of the Hugo.

Probably the problem is not the Poly, the problem is many of us, including myself. The average guy, with average money, with a huge love for audio. Probably the problem was targeting the Poly to the average guy, like me.

If you need to explain and defend the Poly, something just went wrong. Don't you think?

With all my respect. I'm a potential user and I'm more than happy. It's exactly what I had wished for.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:56 AM Post #28,689 of 42,765
my predicated chord mojo+poly will take over some of the mid-high budget desktop equipment.. from reading the spec:

PCM sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 358.8kHz, 384kHz, 717.6kHz, and 768kHz.

DSD via DoP sample rates: DSD64 – DSD512 (Octa-DSD).

if Poly can do all that in wireless and stay consistent output quality as their Code X (
£4,500) and/or even better one DSX1000 (£7,500)... for £499 GBP thats cheap!!!

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #28,690 of 42,765
hi arnav i was referring specifically to schitt multibits.

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #28,691 of 42,765
  hi arnav i was referring specifically to schitt multibits.

Given the price point of Modi 2 Multibit ($249) versus base Bifrost ($399), I assumed the latter would be a superior unit. But in hindsight, may not have been the best idea 
smile.gif

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #28,692 of 42,765
I don't know ... I am still old school on the cable things ... Cable sound still > Wireless sound ... Speed much faster then wireless ...

Maybe the reason the Poly is expensive is because the technology involved is well implemented, gives very high performance and addresses this. Sounds like a characteristic Chord product!

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #28,693 of 42,765
What I want to know is how much a "source" matters in sound quality. Because If I'm feeding the mojo DSD files out of my iPhone via a CCK and Onkyo HF Player. Theoretically its just transferring all digital signal in the form of 'data' and all the processing is being done on the Mojo. So will my sound quality somehow 'Improve' If i feed it the same files Via a DAP like the Onkyo or Opus? Because, To me it doesn't make sense. If the conversion (DAC) was being done by the the Phone, Then it would have made sense. but in this case its all mojo. how will a 'Source' improve sound quality?

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:51 AM Post #28,694 of 42,765
  What I want to know is how much a "source" matters in sound quality. Because If I'm feeding the mojo DSD files out of my iPhone via a CCK and Onkyo HF Player. Theoretically its just transferring all digital signal in the form of 'data' and all the processing is being done on the Mojo. So will my sound quality somehow 'Improve' If i feed it the same files Via a DAP like the Onkyo or Opus? Because, To me it doesn't make sense. If the conversion (DAC) was being done by the the Phone, Then it would have made sense. but in this case its all mojo. how will a 'Source' improve sound quality?

It's not only the source, but the type of digital connection (Optical/Coax/USB) changes the sound.
And on top of that even the different USB cables sound different (Copper, Silver, Copper+Silver)!

Jan 9, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #28,695 of 42,765
  It's not only the source, but the type of digital connection (Optical/Coax/USB) changes the sound.
And on top of that even the different USB cables sound different (Copper, Silver, Copper+Silver)!

Ok, That makes sense. I believe that the type of digital connection and the USB Cables make a difference Definitely. BUT I refuse to believe that a Source will somehow transfer the SAME dsd or flac files 'better' into the mojo. Is there a rational explanation for this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back