Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jan 9, 2017 at 3:07 AM Post #28,696 of 42,782
  why is the poly worth so much? am i missing something? wouldnt it be cheaper to just get a Bluetooth transmitter for $25 with aptx transmission.  With the money saved get a aune ms1 and extra power back and still have extra change left to spend on nice earbuds. Does the poly support Aptx?

John Franks said Poly wireless sounds as good as wired. Saying bye to wires with the same sound quality makes it worth the price.

Jan 9, 2017 at 3:20 AM Post #28,697 of 42,782
Does anybody knows if it will be possible to store Tidal offline files on the SD card or will they still have to use the phone storage?

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #28,698 of 42,782
Does anybody knows if it will be possible to store Tidal offline files on the SD card or will they still have to use the phone storage?

I can't imagine any way the streaming services will let you offline store to another devices SD card, only something local to the phone itself so for streaming services you would still send the audio from the phone to Poly over the Wifi possibly like casting, hopefully retaining the sounds files format (unlike over BT which would have to transcode the stream likely to lower quality than the original file in the case of Tidal FLAC).

Jan 9, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #28,699 of 42,782

It's not only the source, but the type of digital connection (Optical/Coax/USB) changes the sound.
And on top of that even the different USB cables sound different (Copper, Silver, Copper+Silver)!

Ok, That makes sense. I believe that the type of digital connection and the USB Cables make a difference Definitely. BUT I refuse to believe that a Source will somehow transfer the SAME dsd or flac files 'better' into the mojo. Is there a rational explanation for this?

It's not the source, it's the connection and digital cable..

I have personally tested with my Phone + Mojo, Hidizs Ap60 + Mojo and i can hear the difference even though the USB cable is same.
Again inside phone, there is a sound difference between Neutron and UAPP USB audio out to mojo.

On the top of that, when i change Micro USB cables ( I have almost all type of Micro to Micro usb cables except Moonaudio), i can hear big difference.

Now, i am not justifying Poly, but i am saying there are such big differences(Better or Worst) in sound, when source and digital cables are changed.

So, now i believe in Chord and assume that Poly will send perfect bit perfect data to Mojo and Mojo can be 100% efficient. 2 Cents from a newbie .!

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #28,700 of 42,782

I have personally tested with my Phone + Mojo, Hidizs Ap60 + Mojo and i can hear the difference even though the USB cable is same.
Again inside phone, there is a sound difference between Neutron and UAPP USB audio out to mojo.

On the top of that, when i change Micro USB cables ( I have almost all type of Micro to Micro usb cables except Moonaudio), i can hear big difference.

Now, i am not justifying Poly, but i am saying there are such big differences(Better or Worst) in sound, when source and digital cables are changed.

So, now i believe in Chord and assume that Poly will send perfect bit perfect data to Mojo and Mojo can be 100% efficient. 2 Cents from a newbie .!

Are you certain there was a difference between your phone and hidizs using the same micro usb cable? I've been holding off on buying a dap and this might just push me over the edge. Lol

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:24 AM Post #28,701 of 42,782

Are you certain there was a difference between your phone and hidizs using the same micro usb cable? I've been holding off on buying a dap and this might just push me over the edge. Lol

yes i am 100% certain, even though i have HD650 headphone... i used my Genelec Studio monitors to compare.. it's very easy to check the resolution in studio monitors than Headphones..!!

Well, don't take my words on face value, do audition once and verify by urself :)

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:30 AM Post #28,702 of 42,782
yes i am 100% certain, even though i have HD650 headphone... i used my Genelec Studio monitors to compare.. it's very easy to check the resolution in studio monitors than Headphones..!!

Well, don't take my words on face value, do audition once and verify by urself :)

Are you saying that the H AP60 sounds better with Mojo than your phone? What phone did you use?

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #28,703 of 42,782

Well, don't take my words on face value, do audition once and verify by urself
smily_headphones1.gif

Are you saying that the H AP60 sounds better with Mojo than your phone? What phone did you use?

Yes, i am getting better resolution with AP60. The difference is very minimal, may be ~ 5%.
I use One plus one and use UAPP as player.
I had tried Neutron also, but i prefer UAPP.

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #28,704 of 42,782

Any comments on the performance of the hidiz as a transport? Does it match the TOP flight DAPs on the market? :)

Jan 9, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #28,705 of 42,782

Any comments on the performance of the hidiz as a transport? Does it match the TOP flight DAPs on the market?
smily_headphones1.gif

I have no other DAP, i used to use Mojo with my Oneplus one Phone + UAPP player.. so i can compare only these 2.. and i feel AP60 is a better transport compare to my Oneplus One Phone. 

I just received 128 GB SD card, i will put it into AP60 tomor and will let you know, how it handles 128 GB. Official capacity is 256 GB.

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #28,706 of 42,782
Is there any way of changes tracks with side buttons, or is that only volume control?

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:02 AM Post #28,707 of 42,782
Is there any way of changes tracks with side buttons, or is that only volume control?

Yes, there is an option, if we enable that, then when screen is off, volume control will work as Prev/Next button :) nice catch !

Jan 9, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #28,708 of 42,782
A few pages back I shared my experience with a few DAPs USB out into the Mojo and there is definitely a difference.

With the better transports, the sound became clearer, less grain and harshness. Sound was smoother and less edgy.

If you have a chance, do a comparison between the AK70 and AK240SS, the difference is quite obvious and I'm pretty sure most people would be able to hear a difference.

Jan 9, 2017 at 7:29 AM Post #28,709 of 42,782
  What I want to know is how much a "source" matters in sound quality. Because If I'm feeding the mojo DSD files out of my iPhone via a CCK and Onkyo HF Player. Theoretically its just transferring all digital signal in the form of 'data' and all the processing is being done on the Mojo. So will my sound quality somehow 'Improve' If i feed it the same files Via a DAP like the Onkyo or Opus? Because, To me it doesn't make sense. If the conversion (DAC) was being done by the the Phone, Then it would have made sense. but in this case its all mojo. how will a 'Source' improve sound quality?

My advice is to read some of Rob Watts posts, describing the impact of:

1. RFI
  2. mains power supply interference (eg if you are using a mains powered laptop as your source)
  3. the intermittant pops and clicks etc that are internally generated electrical noise, from laptops and phones

all this low level electrical noise, affects the noise floor modulation, which impacts how the brain interprets the music.
The aim of devices like the poly, microRendu etc, with their custom designed circuit boards etc, is to eliminate this electrical noise as far as possible.
So a poly using the sd card as the source, should hopefully provide the cleanest possible data signal to the mojo.

Unfortunately most of us will have to wait weeks or months before we can demo whether the poly lives up to its promise - but that is life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back