Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 17, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #25,966 of 42,765
Yes, sort of. I have the dual Anker charger which I've used for nearly a year with various components including my Mojo, AK 120, AK240, iPhone 6S and 5s. A great charger, works great, quality parts, classy construction and styling. My impression is that it's a cut above competing units. You can't go wrong.

Sounds good. I wanted the 4 port but accidentally ordered the dual. Oh well!

Nov 17, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #25,967 of 42,765
OK. So I have had the Mojo for a month. I was going to write a review at this point as I feel as though I have spent enough time listening to get past all the psychological factors that make a new device so seductive.
Instead I will say this.
Coincidental with the time that I have been using the Mojo something that had been going on in my life has taken me higher than I have ever been and now smashed me down from that height to the floor.
The Mojo has enabled my music to be with me every step of the way.
I haven't AB'd, blind tested or measured but I tell you this. I don't believe my phone alone would have connected with my emotions so deeply with the music and allowed it to help.
That's about the highest endorsement I can give.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #25,968 of 42,765

kris -- I'm with you. Similar (possibly) life experience in the time I've had Mojo, and a similar takeaway. This "new" enjoyment of music has made a significant difference in my life since I acquired SE846s and Mojo. Highest accolade I could give to an inanimate object.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #25,969 of 42,765
kris -- I'm with you. Similar (possibly) life experience in the time I've had Mojo, and a similar takeaway. This "new" enjoyment of music has made a significant difference in my life since I acquired SE846s and Mojo. Highest accolade I could give to an inanimate object.

Given that that's the headphones I'm pairing with the Mojo and the fact that mine arrives tomorrow, that makes me very excited to hear!

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #25,970 of 42,765

aaf -- I think you're in for a treat, great synergy between these components (depending on source of course, I've used iPhone 6 and 7+ with various software players over USB as well as an Oppo BDP-103d via optical, most great/amazing). Thinking about a DAP, not sure which one to try. AK70 looks like a good candidate (thanks for the tip Relic) but already way over budget for audio gear this year :).

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #25,972 of 42,765
aaf -- I think you're in for a treat, great synergy between these components (depending on source of course, I've used iPhone 6 and 7+ with various software players over USB as well as an Oppo BDP-103d via optical, most great/amazing). Thinking about a DAP, not sure which one to try. AK70 looks like a good candidate (thanks for the tip Relic) but already way over budget for audio gear this year :).

Yeah I'll be running from my iPhone 7+ with Apple Music. I do have the tidal hifi trial at the moment also to test with too so we shall see. Super excited.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #25,974 of 42,765
  HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL! Just got my MOJO, plugged it in to my MacBook Pro, plugged into my Nighthawks and my life has changed forever.  It KILLS my Bifrost/Asgard 2.  There's details I had no idea were there.  My music just came to life. How is this possible?  Be back in a while...

ironically, I'm hearing too much on some songs...the detail is ruining them...lol, having fun :wink:

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #25,976 of 42,765
looking for a little more slam on the bass... Not so much deep bass, just more slam and impact in general.

I got a mojo, I use a android phone with UAPP as transport

Please help

What should be the frequencies I need to change

Just add a 2 dB boost at 55-60 Hz with a Q of 1.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #25,977 of 42,765

HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL! Just got my MOJO, plugged it in to my MacBook Pro, plugged into my Nighthawks and my life has changed forever.  It KILLS my Bifrost/Asgard 2.  There's details I had no idea were there.  My music just came to life. How is this possible?  Be back in a while...

ironically, I'm hearing too much on some songs...the detail is ruining them...lol, having fun :wink:

Superb .. welcome to the league buddy !
Now you can't listen to your music directly from your Phone anymore !

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #25,978 of 42,765
Just add a 2 dB boost at 55-60 Hz with a Q of 1.

I don't know what a Q of 1 is and where do I find that in the UAPP settings... Do I add a 2 db boost in each of the frequency of 55 and 60 and anything in between? I have no idea what I'm doing, but would appreciate any help

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #25,979 of 42,765
looking for a little more slam on the bass... Not so much deep bass, just more slam and impact in general.

I got a mojo, I use a android phone with UAPP as transport

Please help

What should be the frequencies I need to change
use EQ you will have a lot of bass slam

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #25,980 of 42,765
I don't know what a Q of 1 is and where do I find that in the UAPP settings... Do I add a 2 db boost in each of the frequency of 55 and 60 and anything in between? I have no idea what I'm doing, but would appreciate any help

I just checked the UAPP EQ, it's pretty basic. I would just move up the 63 Hz slider by 2-3 dB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back