Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 17, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #25,936 of 42,765
I am just going to say that I have the bespoke Silver/Copper hybrid cable from FAW and I hear improvements. Period.
I have a second short version of it and am not far away from sending it to GRUMPYOLDGUY...

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #25,937 of 42,765
I am just going to say that I have the bespoke Silver/Copper hybrid cable from FAW and I hear improvements. Period.
I have a second short version of it and am not far away from sending it to GRUMPYOLDGUY...

Some people hear voices too... That doesn't make them real.

Human hearing is too unreliable as a sole metric. As I said, you need measurments not pixie dust.

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #25,938 of 42,765

Human hearing is too unreliable as a sole metric. As I said, you need measurements not pixie dust.

Dealing with digital transmission I also would like to find eye patterns showing the abilities of whatever cable to carry the PCM data.
Unfortunately I am still looking for such information.
Let s move on.:champagne_glass:

Nov 17, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #25,939 of 42,765

Human hearing is too unreliable as a sole metric. As I said, you need measurments not pixie dust.

I was making this offer, because I strongly believe, you never tried a silver hybrid cable... Aside from measurments I wanted you to hear if there are differences... you know listen like with your ear...

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #25,941 of 42,765
Totally agree with Grumpy on this
How can different digital cables make an ounce difference? DATA only.

Analogue yes, slightly, but digital?!??!?!?

A case of if it costs a lot then it must be better and the need to justify the purchase convinces people. This is an argument where blind testing may be justified

Getting very silly :yum:

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #25,942 of 42,765
Totally agree with Grumpy on this
How can different digital cables make an ounce difference? DATA only.

Analogue yes, slightly, but digital?!??!?!?

A case of if it costs a lot then it must be better and the need to justify the purchase convinces people. This is an argument where blind testing may be justified

Getting very silly :yum:
Binary Data doesn't travel down a digital cable as a physical 0 and 1. It travels down the cable as a wave..... representing a 0 or 1.

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #25,943 of 42,765
I would love for grumpy to hear one. If he is able to hear a difference that will settle the cable debate for me forever.

Of course it wouldn't. I'm as human as the rest of us... I don't have magic ears that let me hear immeasurable things. And I'm subject to the same psychoacoustic phenomenons as everyone else.

What I could do is use some of the lab equipment at work to show there is no measurable difference end-to-end and therefore no audible difference. There'll be no wand-waving in my measurements to fit my narrative (smoothing, averaging, filtering, low resolution, etc), because I would love nothing more than to be dead wrong about it. So I'd measure to the fullest resolution and detail of my test equipment (some of it is brand new, state of the art, and costs upwards of $500k with the options we have installed).

I'm just missing a few pieces that I'm going to try to source next week before I'm ready to do it.

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #25,945 of 42,765
Binary Data doesn't travel down a digital cable as a physical 0 and 1. It travels down the cable as a wave..... representing a 0 or 1.

Meaning what exactly? 

...are you for or against ?

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:32 PM Post #25,946 of 42,765

Sure, but with discrete levels... Specifically +5V and GND (nominally 0V). Receiver chips are capable of resolving these voltages with tremendous amounts of tolerance for error. But even if they weren't, switching from copper to silver on your USB cable will have zero effect on signal integrity.

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #25,947 of 42,765
It would be nice to hear Chords thoughts on the subject.

The cables in their kit they supply are just straight forward nothing fancy. Alk that's needed I'm sure.

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #25,948 of 42,765
No, fact. And the burden is on you to prove otherwise with measurements and data... Not fairies and pixie dust.

I identify as a young Cary Grant, but thus far, others have not responded to me as they should...  :)   I also know the extra $5 I spent on the Springsteen download for really really high definition sound makes it sound so much nicer!  

***********************************************************************************************************

I know there is a strong "just move on" theme that comes up, but frankly, this is a fascinating topic which, for me, is educational.  Taking up the challenge, not for listening, but for scientific testing, is a great offer and the results will be interesting.  

I learned a lot reading Rob's posts, (with some tutoring from Mython) and from the videos with John and Rob.  That Mojo can process 500 x more data is something measurable and helps me understand how Mojo did not "burn in" over time, but my listening ability, via brain interpretation, is increasing.  This is the very thing we do in training for lie detection; an increased practice of specific listening.  Overtime, the investigator learns to spot the key words associated with deception, 'on the fly', that is, live as they are spoken.  It takes quite a bit of training to get there, however.  The brain has a defensive 'dulled listening' that must be reversed.  

Grumpy, I hope you accept it and run the tests, if you have the equipment at work.  I appreciate the poster's offer and if Grumpy is able to measure, the results as well. 

This is a fascinating discussion and especially so for Mojo fans.  

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #25,950 of 42,765
Hey all--

I just got a "used" but BNIB mojo, and I left it on the charger for the recommended 10 hour first charge, but it's not charging any! I can turn it on and it will draw current, enough to drive sensitive IEMs more or less indefinitely (as long as it's plugged in). Pushing something harde like an HD800 will use slightly more power than it' pulling in and it will turn off at some point.

Has anybody heard about anything like this before? What can I do to solve this?

--pete

Users who are viewing this thread

• Wepu
Back