Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 17, 2016 at 5:06 AM Post #25,921 of 42,765

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VH8G1SY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_7bklyb58VBF7K

Has anyone tried one of these Anker chargers to use with the Mojo and other devices? Mojo arrives Friday, debating picking one of these up to charge all my devices.

At least Anker USB batteries are great. Work with Mojo too.

Anker chargers and portable battery packs are some of the very best in the market. Their newest ones are QC3.0 compatible and have the smallest footprint in the industry.

Nov 17, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #25,922 of 42,765

Anker chargers and portable battery packs are some of the very best in the market. Their newest ones are QC3.0 compatible and have the smallest footprint in the industry.

Someone flagged up a very good deal on one model of Anker charger (the one with several USB cables included) a few months ago, and I remember that the feedback regarding Anker was very positive at the time.

Nov 17, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #25,923 of 42,765
That was me. That was a sweet deal. Even without the deal, the multiple port charger is one of the worthy investments that just makes life easy.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #25,925 of 42,765
Ok, i don't want to disappoint you, but i will be blunt :)
Silver usb cable will give you better highs, but because of that the vocals won't be smooth and you will feel a bit of roughness in the mids.
While the copper cable smooth out the mids with no friction. I was listening to silver usb cable from last 5/6 months, but after getting the pure copper cable i discovered these short comings in the silver cable !

music4mhell nooooooo the more I spend the less I get ...you are so cruel :)

Don't listen to him, this is absolute nonsense. Conductor material for a USB cable doesn't change frequency response. Period.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #25,926 of 42,765
Don't listen to him, this is absolute nonsense. Conductor material for a USB cable doesn't change frequency response. Period.
another opinion.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #25,929 of 42,765
No, fact. And the burden is on you to prove otherwise with measurements and data... Not fairies and pixie dust.
You chose to believe it as a fact. 'Studies show' ..
.. pretty much anything that the people paying for them want them to show .

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #25,930 of 42,765
No, fact. And the burden is on you to prove otherwise with measurements and data... Not fairies and pixie dust.

Next, they'll be someone espousing that TOSLINK cables 'sound' different!?
Uh oh, me and my big mouth... lol

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:20 AM Post #25,931 of 42,765
not again... let people judge for themselves if there is a difference between digital cables...

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #25,932 of 42,765
You chose to believe it as a fact. 'Studies show' ..
.. pretty much anything that the people paying for them want them to show .

No, I choose to believe math and data. Studies have nothing to do with it. In math and engineering there is a right answer and wrong answer and nothing in between. So post the measurements or stop suggesting to people they need to spend even more money for something that will make zero difference. Enough is enough.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #25,933 of 42,765
No, I choose to believe math and data. Studies have nothing to do with it. In math and engineering there is a right answer and wrong answer and nothing in between. So post the measurements or stop suggesting to people they need to spend even more money for something that will make zero difference. Enough is enough.
2 plus 2 equals 5.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:37 AM Post #25,934 of 42,765

At one time fairies and pixie dust was all we had to go on until science started to discover and measure what was going on. While I agree that measurements and data provide a good baseline for comparison, how do we really know we are actually capturing and measuring all the factors that influence sound? Simply put we don't know what we don't know.

Nov 17, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #25,935 of 42,765
2 plus 2 equals 5.

At one time fairies and pixie dust was all we had to go on until science started to discover and measure what was going on. While I agree that measurements and data provide a good baseline for comparison, how do we really know we are actually capturing and measuring all the factors that influence sound? Simply put we don't know what we don't know.

I'm not having this discussion in the Mojo thread again. The fact is test equipment capabilities greatly exceed the ability of the human ear in every aspect. By the way, we're talking about a digital cable, not an analog one.

The only reason I mentioned it again, was because someone suggested that another person should spend (ostensibly much) more money on a USB cable. I've ignored all of the other posts before it on the topic since the last time I argued about it, but I draw the line at spending other people's money.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Wepu
Back