Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Nov 18, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #25,981 of 42,765
OK. So I have had the Mojo for a month. I was going to write a review at this point as I feel as though I have spent enough time listening to get past all the psychological factors that make a new device so seductive.
Instead I will say this.
Coincidental with the time that I have been using the Mojo something that had been going on in my life has taken me higher than I have ever been and now smashed me down from that height to the floor.
The Mojo has enabled my music to be with me every step of the way.
I haven't AB'd, blind tested or measured but I tell you this. I don't believe my phone alone would have connected with my emotions so deeply with the music and allowed it to help.
That's about the highest endorsement I can give.

I was doing an event in Moscow in September. A young Russian lady said something that had great significance with me:

" I can fall in and out of love,
But I always have my Mojo"

Getting onto planes used to be a bit of a chore - now I actually look forward to it, 8 hours of just listening to music with Mojo.

Rob

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:31 AM Post #25,982 of 42,765

Getting onto planes used to be a bit of a chore - now I actually look forward to it, 8 hours of just listening to music with Mojo.

Rob

I just recently did this with my 2 week vacation. Mine ran for 6.5 hours only rather than 8 though. Mojo comforted me like no in-flight entertainment system in the world can do IMO.

Rob,

If you can get a very clean DC battery source -> AC power inverter to run the DAVE in-flight for hours, that would be audio nirvana while in-flight I would assume.

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #25,983 of 42,765
Actually I take a battery backup with me, as my lap top will run out before Mojo. And I need the lap top for the 4TB portable hard disk that has my music on. With the 160 Wh backup I can even run my design lap top too for long flights.

I was tempted to take a Dave once, but I thought the air crew would give me grief...

Rob

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:00 AM Post #25,984 of 42,765
HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL! Just got my MOJO, plugged it in to my MacBook Pro, plugged into my Nighthawks and my life has changed forever.  It KILLS my Bifrost/Asgard 2.  There's details I had no idea were there.  My music just came to life. How is this possible?  Be back in a while...

Funny enough Rob has shared a lot of detail on how this is possible in the third post of this thread. :wink_face:

Glad you're liking it! Enjoy!! :D

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #25,985 of 42,765
Anyone here paired his Mojo with HD800? :wink:

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:45 AM Post #25,986 of 42,765
Hmmm, mojo + hd800, should be a match made in heaven surely :headphones::sunglasses:

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #25,987 of 42,765
I am not expert but what technical benefit is there in balanced output as compared to single ended for headphones ? dac to pre and pre to power might have some benefits in balanced mode in cancelling the noise but how come it is beneficial for headphones ?

Nov 18, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #25,988 of 42,765
Nov 18, 2016 at 2:36 AM Post #25,990 of 42,765
  HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL! Just got my MOJO, plugged it in to my MacBook Pro, plugged into my Nighthawks and my life has changed forever.  It KILLS my Bifrost/Asgard 2.  There's details I had no idea were there.  My music just came to life. How is this possible?  Be back in a while...

We told you! :) Nighthawk and Mojo are sweet together, an exceptionally well-working combo. They put setups to shame, that cost twice as much. Happy listening! :wink:

Nov 18, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #25,991 of 42,765
We told you! :) Nighthawk and Mojo are sweet together, an exceptionally well-working combo. They put setups to shame, that cost twice as much. Happy listening! :wink:

Are you the one that have th x00 and x2 before? I though u sell ur nighthawk after getting x00. What makes you comeback to nighthawk?

Nov 18, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #25,992 of 42,765
Are you the one that have th x00 and x2 before? I though u sell ur nighthawk after getting x00. What makes you comeback to nighthawk?

The main reason was the shrill treble on X00. When I bought my first pair of NH a year ago, I did not give it the 150hrs burn in, and I was waiting for the X00 to arrive anyway. That was a bad decision. I gave the 150hrs burn in time for my second pair of NH (purchased 2 months ago), also paid more attention to what is has to offer. The sound was liquid smooth after the piercing highs of the X00, and it just got me hooked.
It is easy to miss the beauty NH has to offer, but if you invest time and you are open minded enough, it can take you to another world. NH is a hidden gem. Many judge it superficially, just as I did the first time I heard it.

Nov 18, 2016 at 3:12 AM Post #25,993 of 42,765
I don't know what a Q of 1 is and where do I find that in the UAPP settings... Do I add a 2 db boost in each of the frequency of 55 and 60 and anything in between? I have no idea what I'm doing, but would appreciate any help

I just checked the UAPP EQ, it's pretty basic. I would just move up the 63 Hz slider by 2-3 dB.

You can do it with parametric EQ in UAPP. Q factor control slider is on the bottom right.

Nov 18, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #25,994 of 42,765
I did pair the Mojo audio output with the Arrow 5Tx amp. This configuration provides significant bass (and treble) boost without sacrificing the Mojo clarity.I did try playing with the UAPP EQ settings, to get that effect with the Mojo alone, but the results were not impressive. I guess this setup might be a good option fot bass heads.

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:22 AM Post #25,995 of 42,765
Amazing how brain is able to perceive different things or persons. :slight_smile:
Probably same is happening with cables...use different lengths/materials/shields/etc and you end listening to BBC or Radio Moscow.:radio:
Cheers :beers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back