Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Oct 2, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #23,521 of 42,765

I was a bit more like this.....and then more like this when I ran out of steam! 
blink.gif

Oct 2, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #23,522 of 42,765
Nice to hear this again:) my Nighthawks should wait for me, when I'll be back from vacation. Will report how I like them, but I'm confident they will suit me.
How do you use your Jitterbug? On my Odroid I use it passive, meaning in a free USB slot and not directly in the signal path. Used in the signal path I felt that clarity improved but dynamics took a hit.
Thanks for the input.
I thought about burning them in with a TelluriumQ system enhancement CD or something similar.
Next stop FAW. I have a 1 meter Claire hybrid to connect Mojo to my Riva Turbo X and will probably buy a extender dongle for the NH.

Cheers

It does not surprise me that found that with Jitterbug, you get a different result, depending on which USB socket path you inserted the device.
Rob Watts says that the main benefit of Jitterbug, is to clean up the 5V Vbus power line.
Mojo has the two USB input sockets:
  1. With the music input socket, the mojo detects the Vbus and when 5V is detected, uses this as the trigger to select USB as the input source, and switch off the optical and coaxial input circuitry. The Vbus is kept isolated from the music signal, so there should be no impact on the music output. You should not notice any change when using Jitterbug in this music signal USB feed.
  2. If you are also simultaneously connecting the power-in USB socket, then any 'noise' on the 5V bus for that socket, will be reaching the Mojo internals. It is quite probable that the Jitterbug can clean this 5V bus, and remove the power supply noise reaching the Mojo - so I would expect that you would notice an improvement in the music output. 

Oct 2, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #23,523 of 42,765
  Also just tested my Lavricable on iPhone 7 and works perfectly as it was on my iPhone 5s through all versions of iOS 10 I tried (10.0.1 and 10.0.2).  It's a cool little cable that beats the Apple CCK for style at least anyway.

Been listening to Mojo through my little MM-1 computer speakers and boy does it make them sound good (way better than its built-in DAC).  The MM-1s sound amazing for the size and price.  They've been out for quite some time now (I'm half expecting B&W to release an MM-2 soon) but they still compete very well in the market for similar products.  The amp section in the MM-1s is very good (uses bi-amping if I'm not mistaken) and the overall build quality is great for a made in China product.  Boy does the MM-1 reach low.  It's quite astonishing really!

The best thing is they're small enough to fit in a large suitcase or carry-on if you go travelling.  Their shape means they're very efficient to pack and they're quite tough little things too.  I've had mine for going on 10 years and countless moves and never had the slightest hickup.  They sound as good now as the day I bought them so that's pretty good feedback as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks, this is what I am seeking.  My CCK stopped working, along with larvicable with the iOS upgrade, yet the CCK worked with my wife's iPhone.   ?!?

Yesterday I purchased a new CCK and it is working with my iPhone.  This is just in time as I am back in the air tomorrow and have built a nice Mojo play list, "off line content" for the trip (Tidal).  This is everything from Beatles Hollywood Bowl to Jeannette MacDonald.  I also have 2016 Springsteen download in 24 bit 48.000 ALAC from Sept 14th concert.   Mojo's magic with the Beyerdynamic T8 ie makes the time go by so pleasurably!  

Oct 2, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #23,524 of 42,765
Oct 2, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #23,527 of 42,765
  I wonder if buying jitterbug makes sense even with high quality usb cables?

I think it is. It helps prime/optimize the digital output of whatever player or smartphone you use. 

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #23,528 of 42,765
Mojo + Phone, downloaded a new music app. I clicked the Mojos volume many times so it wont blow my ear drums then pow. The music started to blast so loud. I ripped my iem out of my ears and thinking the Mojo blue my iem drivers. I swear I clicked the volume down many many clicks.

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #23,529 of 42,765
It does not surprise me that found that with Jitterbug, you get a different result, depending on which USB socket path you inserted the device.
Rob Watts says that the main benefit of Jitterbug, is to clean up the 5V Vbus power line.
Mojo has the two USB input sockets:
  • With the music input socket, the mojo detects the Vbus and when 5V is detected, uses this as the trigger to select USB as the input source, and switch off the optical and coaxial input circuitry. The Vbus is kept isolated from the music signal, so there should be no impact on the music output. You should not notice any change when using Jitterbug in this music signal USB feed.
  • If you are also simultaneously connecting the power-in USB socket, then any 'noise' on the 5V bus for that socket, will be reaching the Mojo internals. It is quite probable that the Jitterbug can clean this 5V bus, and remove the power supply noise reaching the Mojo - so I would expect that you would notice an improvement in the music output. 

I use it inline between the player and the Mojo.

I plan to do some more A/B testing. Even though it's rather unconvenient to add/remove the jitterbug from/to the signal path.
For my setup the jitterbug in a free socket works best. It may well be placebo, but hey whatever sounds best to you is the way to go :wink:

Cheers

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:57 AM Post #23,530 of 42,765
I plan to do some more A/B testing. Even though it's rather unconvenient to add/remove the jitterbug from/to the signal path.
For my setup the jitterbug in a free socket works best. It may well be placebo, but hey whatever sounds best to you is the way to go
wink.gif

Cheers

Definitely not placebo. Rob Watts even says it can improve things as does this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRIt0BYAjTo

I also notice slight improvement (slighter than the Jitterbug though) when I put my iphone into airplane mode versus playing music with all the wireless stuff on. 

Oct 2, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #23,531 of 42,765
Mojo + Phone, downloaded a new music app. I clicked the Mojos volume many times so it wont blow my ear drums then pow. The music started to blast so loud. I ripped my iem out of my ears and thinking the Mojo blue my iem drivers. I swear I clicked the volume down many many clicks.

Did you use line level before?
I remember another user, some weeks ago had the opposite problem that Mojo wouldn't play loud with his/her IEMs.
Rob explained that there are three color cycles, so maybe you had the `right color' but it was in a higher cycle. Does this make sense?
Anyway hope your ears are OK, at least.
I once forgot to adjust volume from 1.9 v when switching to phones, but thanks God I played a classic rock album with high dynamic range, so it wasn't that bad.

Cheers

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #23,532 of 42,765
Did you use line level before?
I remember another user, some weeks ago had the opposite problem that Mojo wouldn't play loud with his/her IEMs.
Rob explained that there are three color cycles, so maybe you had the `right color' but it was in a higher cycle. Does this make sense?
Anyway hope your ears are OK, at least.
I once forgot to adjust volume from 1.9 v when switching to phones, but thanks God I played a classic rock album with high dynamic range, so it wasn't that bad.

Cheers
It was so loud, maybe I clicked down so many times that it ended up at full blast. Issue for me I am very bad with colors. I have been told I am color blind.

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #23,533 of 42,765
Definitely not placebo. Rob Watts even says it can improve things as does this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRIt0BYAjTo

I also notice slight improvement (slighter than the Jitterbug though) when I put my iphone into airplane mode versus playing music with all the wireless stuff on. 

With placebo I meant my own preference towards jitterbug in a free socket instead of in the signal path.
Since I experimented with a Li Io PowerBank to power my Odroid back then this might have had the bigger effect.
I read that the lack of dynamics can be a result of the Li Io high internal resistance. So many things to consider :)

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #23,534 of 42,765
It was so loud, maybe I clicked down so many times that it ended up at full blast. Issue for me I am very bad with colors. I have been told I am color blind.

Sorry to hear that.
Don't know how your problems with colors express themselves, but a friend of mine uses a yellowish sunglass to combat his inability to tell apart green and red.

Cheers

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #23,535 of 42,765
Sorry to hear that.
Don't know how your problems with colors express themselves, but a friend of mine uses a yellowish sunglass to combat his inability to tell apart green and red.

Cheers
Thxs, glasses Ill look into that. To me Blue and Purple are the same, Brown and Green the same. Im sure I kbow what White, Black and solid Red are .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back