Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 15, 2016 at 8:25 AM Post #20,026 of 42,765
https://youtu.be/jqvOfSF8xjs

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:26 AM Post #20,027 of 42,765
  I'm just grateful Mojo isn't damaged by playing my ABBA albums!
biggrin.gif

Your right, nothing wrong with a bit of Abba now and then.
tongue.gif

I have been using Fairstars CD Ripper as well as CD Burner XP (for copies) but always use the slowest speeds.

Has anyone noticed a difference in sound quality between the different software?

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #20,029 of 42,765
biggrin.gif

Mojo very good with Abba. My previous Meridian explorer, even with a thicker richer sound, made Abba harsh and extremely digital sounding. Very crashy. Whereas the Mojo just makes Abba sound normal.

The Mojo tames the cymbals in Def Leppard too, (over the Meridian Explorer).

Jul 15, 2016 at 8:54 AM Post #20,030 of 42,765
Jul 15, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #20,031 of 42,765
All the streaming programs allow you to download music to your device for offline listening. Thus, no RF. There's really no downside.All options are available.

Does Tidal allow you to play offline via UAPP?

I was under the impression one had to suffer Android's enforced upsampling to 24/192 if wanting to play Tidal content offline.

But, in any case, I respectfully beg to differ about no downsides about streaming services 
beerchug.gif

But if you're paranoid about data collection, well, I've got no answer for you other than to say... Good luck over the next decade!!

Yes, I know what you mean, but I'm certainly not going to run into the sheep-pen of my would-be captors!
wink.gif
  (and I'm not alone in that sentiment)

Quote:

biggrin.gif

Mojo very good with Abba. My previous Meridian explorer, even with a thicker richer sound, made Abba harsh and extremely digital sounding. Very crashy. Whereas the Mojo just makes Abba sound normal.

The Mojo tames the cymbals in Def Leppard too, (over the Meridian Explorer).

Truth be told, most of ABBA's back catalogue is poorly recorded and just as poorly mastered, so although nothing can make a silk purse out of that, it is not surprising that Mojo would do a more effective job of making some sense of poorly-mastered material.

Jul 15, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #20,032 of 42,765
Truth be told, most of ABBA's back catalogue is poorly recorded and just as poorly mastered, so although nothing can make a silk purse out of that, it is not surprising that Mojo would do a more effective job of making some sense of poorly-mastered material.

You've also got to consider that it was mastered to work well on the most prevalent audio device at the time - the transistor radio.

Jul 15, 2016 at 9:22 AM Post #20,033 of 42,765

That's interesting. So I should be able to play that music offline with Mojo's own added performance?

Jul 15, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #20,034 of 42,765
the biggest culprit for CD damage is improper handling . I have seen people rubbing the CD on pants (in India) everytime they take the CD out of the case. CD is not affected few dust specks but it is damaged by the scratches accumulated over the years. I can't understand the idea of many very expensive CD players using slot loading. how can you prevent a CD from scratches in slot loading ! I think modern asio drivers use fool proof mechanism of data streaming to DACs therefore it does not matter whether one is using an expensive CD transport or flac files . in fact a flac streamed via foobar through asio driver can beat a dedicated CD transport provided a good usb cable and some measures are taken to reduce emi and rfi.

Jul 15, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #20,035 of 42,765
Please please offered at least 2 add-on module for the Mojo!
1) a even better amp (like Ak380 external amp)
2) a DAP with touchscreen with dual SD card slot!

I agree..
Mojo is already far ahead AK240, AK120, Calyx M in sound quality.

WHAT IF.... Chord Mojo comes with two SD card slots and a touch screen for folder browser? 
Then I think Chord Mojo will become the best DAP out there. 

Or try to collaborate with people like Acoustic Research. Acoustic Research hardware plus chord mojo DAC would be perfect combination. 
I hate to carry a separate DAC on top of a cellphone or DAP. It's primitive and messy. 

Jul 15, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #20,036 of 42,765
biggrin.gif

poor Abba...and Kiss for that matter.... lol
both bands have some fab hits yet we all wince if we acknowledge we like some of their tunes.
Kiss: Cold Gin, Black Diamond, Strutter, and Deuce are some of my favs for just good 'ole Rock and Roll
...they're like a good hamburger: nothing pretentious or sophisticated, just downright enjoyable.
... and imo of the best fist pumping tunes ever: Detroit Rock City.

enjoy the Foo Fighters rippin' this baby up.

Jul 15, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #20,038 of 42,765
  I am foo fan, but when are bands gonna do themselves a favor and stop trying to cover Rush?

and am I the only person who has gone from Mojo to Hugo? instead of the trend here which seems to be Hugo to Mojo?

hey what can we say...we had some fab bands in those '70s early '80s.!...very influential and timeless.

as per your point of going from mojo to hugo, i'm awaiting something else to come out that might be a mojo tt or better version:
something in between the mojo and hugo...that said,however, the new iFi pro ican sure looks like its a fab piece.
http://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/pro-ican/
choices choices...

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #20,039 of 42,765
Hello, recently started having a strange problem with my Mojo. Happened maybe a dozen times, it just refuses to turn off. Anyone else had this problem? I have had my Mojo since the week of release and use it almost every day so the spheres are well warn and don't catch on the shell. Also, I can hear the switch under the sphere clicking but it just doesn't turn off. The last time it took me about 5 minutes of repeatedly pressing the button to get it to actually turn off... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 15, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #20,040 of 42,765
  I LOVE my Adam F5s for my desktop set-up. Honestly probably my favorite piece of audio gear I own. I wonder how it sounds in comparison to the A5X...

from adams acoustics when I emailed asking for suggestion for desktop:

Thanks for reaching out.  The AX series is intended for Pro Audio Studio applications however
we do get a decent amount of people like yourself using them in hifi applications.  I would probably
suggest a more full range speaker for the ability to use them without a subwoofer in your kitchen setup.
 A set of A7X’s would be my suggestion.  Hands down our best selling monitor and has the frequency range you will need.

Thanks,

Adam Sheppard
Regional Sales & Marketing Manager
Cell: 615 924-3680
Office:
615 983-6214
Fax: 615 983-6209

Users who are viewing this thread

Back