Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 14, 2016 at 2:29 PM Post #19,981 of 42,765

Unfortunately I can't think of any other possible causes at the moment - maybe your problem is known to Chord, but has a probability of affecting one in 100,000 users/year.
regular_smile%20.gif

And I wish that one lucky winner gets a free trip for 2 to Hawaii
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #19,982 of 42,765
  SPEAKERS FOR MOJO?...

Haven't posted for a while here, as I've been seeking some "definitive", reasonably price speaker/amp system to work well with Mojo pretty much since I got mine back in 2015. Seeking something to approach the sound I am getting with my T1's "on a budget"

Finally bought a pair of ADAM A5X's, and am very pleased... ideal pairing for Mojo.

Review posted here for anyone interested...

http://www.head-fi.org/products/adam-audio-a5x-powered-studio-monitor-5-5-inch-100-watts/reviews/16430

thanks for this as i am also seeking a small setup for desktop or kitchen/living room
prob would pair well with iFI micro iDSD.

also looking at bluesound stuff...will reach out to you via PM

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #19,983 of 42,765
  SPEAKERS FOR MOJO?...

Haven't posted for a while here, as I've been seeking some "definitive", reasonably price speaker/amp system to work well with Mojo pretty much since I got mine back in 2015. Seeking something to approach the sound I am getting with my T1's "on a budget"

Finally bought a pair of ADAM A5X's, and am very pleased... ideal pairing for Mojo.

Review posted here for anyone interested...

http://www.head-fi.org/products/adam-audio-a5x-powered-studio-monitor-5-5-inch-100-watts/reviews/16430

I LOVE my Adam F5s for my desktop set-up. Honestly probably my favorite piece of audio gear I own. I wonder how it sounds in comparison to the A5X...

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #19,985 of 42,765
  I LOVE my Adam F5s for my desktop set-up. Honestly probably my favorite piece of audio gear I own. I wonder how it sounds in comparison to the A5X...

I gave the F7's a brief listen in the shop too, but my heart really was set on the A5X's by then :) , pretty similar to the A5X sound. Maybe a bit better dynamics with the A series?

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #19,986 of 42,765
Damn it. Bought a Mojo on a spontaneous(ly planned) visit to Richer Sounds earlier. Wanted to hear and prove to myself that the hype around this device was grossly blown out of proportion, intending to return it and resume normality and blissful contentment with my Meridian Ex².

Well, it didn't quite turn out like that; I'm going to have to keep the bloody thing

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #19,987 of 42,765
  Damn it. Bought a Mojo on a spontaneous(ly planned) visit to Richer Sounds earlier. Wanted to hear and prove to myself that the hype around this device was grossly blown out of proportion, intending to return it and resume normality and blissful contentment with my Meridian Ex².

Well, it didn't quite turn out like that; I'm going to have to keep the bloody thing

Wow... that's a harsh warning for us all! 
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #19,988 of 42,765
The silver lining was that it was an open box deal, so I got it for £50 less than RRP.

If you don't want to spend the cash, don't let the Mojo's ethereal tones anywhere near your ear canals. Maybe Chord's proprietary software is actually subliminal messaging, whispering words of sweet-encouragement to buy the device...

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #19,989 of 42,765
  The silver lining was that it was an open box deal, so I got it for £50 less than RRP.

If you don't want to spend the cash, don't let the Mojo's ethereal tones anywhere near your ear canals. Maybe Chord's proprietary software is actually subliminal messaging, whispering words of sweet-encouragement to buy the device...

Also, never test ride a Ducati Multistrada GT.

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #19,992 of 42,765

Anyone have any objections if I delete posts 3 and 4?

The ignorant/lazy/illiterate people who keep on asking the same questions and do not even take the effort to read back 5 posts should not let you down Mython.
I do believe, there is a significant number of more intelligent but invisible masses, who do benefit from the valuable information that can be found in post3 and 4.

Guilty as charged...
redface.gif
In my (weak and not particularly original) defense, this thread and even post #3 alone, is quite daunting to the Mojo-noob...
eek.gif

I learned my lesson really quick and agree that Mython should be annoyed but I am also grateful that he still manages to put up with us...
beerchug.gif

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #19,993 of 42,765

selling the mojo was the only hifi regret i ever had, after not having it for a while i realised how much i liked it.

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #19,994 of 42,765

Well, I had and I am still mojo-free at the moment. I cannot justify to myself that l need a DAC for my music (and add more weigh and bulk to my "things to carry" daily).

Jul 14, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #19,995 of 42,765
Well, I had and I am still mojo-free at the moment. I cannot justify to myself that l need a DAC for my music (and add more weigh and bulk to my "things to carry" daily).

I would rather that there be more weight heard in my music with the added bulk of effortless transparency.......the added space and weight added to what I carry by Mojo is of no significance. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back