Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jul 14, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #19,966 of 42,765
and with all due respect, maybe that is the perfect dac for him.
the mojo isn't everyone's cup of tea...and that is perfectly fine, too.

What?! I was just giving people a heads up before they go to his thread and see that he preferred the Yggy over something like the TOTAL DAC, which is a much more expensive DAC than the Yggy, but the Yggy suited him better (just a recent example). I said nothing about the Mojo or that it would beat the Yggy, and I respect Torq's findings and methodology, and he is on an epic search for HIS tastes. I respect that.

Mind telling me where you got anything other than this from my previous post. Good grief.

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:34 AM Post #19,967 of 42,765
What?! I was just giving people a heads up before they go to his thread and see that he preferred the Yggy over something like the TOTAL DAC, which is a much more expensive DAC than the Yggy, but the Yggy suited him better (just a recent example). I said nothing about the Mojo or that it would beat the Yggy, and I respect @Torq's findings and methodology.

Mind telling me where you got anything other than this from my previous post. Good grief.

easy Relic...i'm not dissing you....if anything i thought i was supporting your comment..i wasn't keenly following the posts to be frank...i was just chumming in about how we can all have differences of opinion about a product and that is ok, too, despite any said product being popular and having tons of praise. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:35 AM Post #19,968 of 42,765
easy Relic...i'm not dissing you....that wasn't my point...i wasn't keenly following the posts to be frank...i was just chumming in about how we can all have differences of opinion about a product and that is ok, too, despite any said product being popular and having tons of praise.

Precisely why I like what he's doing in his thread. Thanks for the clarification Canali. :)

Anyway, this is starting to de-rail the Mojo thread so I suggest we move on.

:beerchug:

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #19,969 of 42,765
I think it is not abnormal when people see that something they have worshipped in the bottom of the well (like Schitt) gets trashed by a much cheaper DAC in the real world, they get angry. As I said, I would trust the Hifi brands any day more than things like Schitt, when it comes to DAC. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #19,970 of 42,765
Precisely why I like what he's doing in his thread. Thanks for the clarification Canali.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyway, this is starting to de-rail the Mojo thread so I suggest we move on.

beerchug.gif

looks like i do owe Relic an apology: upon re-reading the post, seems i misread it...i was seeing 'mojo' in there and thinking this person had preferred some other dac over it...the way you were explaining yourself, Relic, came across otherwise to me...thus i can understand your reaction of bewildered frustration......i'm tired and its late and i'll blame it on that...regardless: mia apologia.

Jul 14, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #19,971 of 42,765
  looks like i do owe Relic an apology: upon re-reading the post, seems i misread it...i was seeing 'mojo' in there and thinking this person had preferred some other dac over it...the way you were explaining yourself, Relic, came across otherwise to me...thus i can understand your reaction of bewildered frustration......i'm tired and its late and i'll blame it on that...regardless: mia apologia.

No worries dude, peace.

Jul 14, 2016 at 4:53 AM Post #19,972 of 42,765
  I thougt my micro usb to micro usb cable was an otg cable.But looks like im wrong. :p  No expert.lol. So i think an standard otg cable + an otg adapter is the way to go for making tidal work propaply. otg usb micro with usb adapter to standard usb otg cable with usb micro in the other end :)

Looks like the cable i got with the oppo ha-2 is an otg cable after all.Usb micro to usb micro otg.Are going to test a little bit more with this cable.Dont want to buy new cables unnecessary :)

Jul 14, 2016 at 6:26 AM Post #19,974 of 42,765
SPEAKERS FOR MOJO?...

Haven't posted for a while here, as I've been seeking some "definitive", reasonably price speaker/amp system to work well with Mojo pretty much since I got mine back in 2015. Seeking something to approach the sound I am getting with my T1's "on a budget"

Finally bought a pair of ADAM A5X's, and am very pleased... ideal pairing for Mojo.

Review posted here for anyone interested...

http://www.head-fi.org/products/adam-audio-a5x-powered-studio-monitor-5-5-inch-100-watts/reviews/16430

Jul 14, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #19,975 of 42,765
something about yggy vs dave from dave thread , posted by one of the member.   http://www.head-fi.org/t/766517/chord-electronics-dave/2670      however i do agree that the preference to a particular brand/model may largely be due to individual's taste for that particular kind of sound. when it comes to high fidelity, dave may be taking much closer to the real sound instead of sounding like a particular kind.     

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #19,977 of 42,765
  Sorry, was just (as politely as possible) cheesed-off. Not angry; just cheesed-off 
confused_face.gif
, and those of you who've been around the thread for a while know exactly why.

Mython, I have greatly benefited from the Post 3 and Post 4. Kudos, to your hard-work, time and effort. It is a wiki by itself. But I just want to share my experience.

When I first joined Head-Fi, almost a year back, it was my first ever forum and had no knowledge on audio either. I had to google what a Thread ‘Bump’ meant and had to PM a member here to learn, what LO and HO were. I bought a Fiio-X3ii and an IE-80 and for a few months, my audio world revolved around that and Just that. So when I first came to the Mojo thread, I was a noob to DACs and so, I did not understand things like Digital Interconnects, Co-Axial, Optical or Bit-Perfect. I tried to find some information by searching through the thread and in the 3rd Post, but the problem was, I did not know what to look for. But I somehow managed and got through, because I knew to search the thread with keywords.

Imagine, I joined Head-Fi today, instead of last year, and was determined to spend $600 on a DAC and based on the reviews, I came to the Mojo thread. Having no experience with forums, I wouldn't know, how to search for stuff correctly and, with no experience in audio, I wouldn’t know what to look for in the 3rd post to get me started (unless I was hooking it up with my Android phone or iPhone, which seems to pretty straight forward). But now that I have been here long enough, I seemed to have learnt a few things and I find the 3rd Post very helpful now than before.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I may not have visited the 3rd post much when I first came here. But I browse it quite often these days, looking for some kind of info and find it very helpful. And I am sure there are many who are on the same/similar boat(s). I hope that makes you feel better. 

Jul 14, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #19,978 of 42,765

Mython, I have greatly benefited from the Post 3 and Post 4. Kudos, to your hard-work, time and effort. It is a wiki by itself. But I just want to share my experience.

When I first joined Head-Fi, almost a year back, it was my first ever forum and had no knowledge on audio either. I had to google what ‘Bump’ meant and had to PM a member here to learn, what LO and HO were.

?
blink.gif

Jul 14, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #19,979 of 42,765
 I think I might have used too harsh words in my previous comment in this thread when I said people who keep on asking the same questions instead of reading the thread title and check out post three are lazy, ignorant, whatsoever. Apologies, if I have insulted anyone.
 Some might fall under the category I mentioned, but some might not. There can be newbies who just choose the simplest way and post a question 100 times as they do not know how 'search' function works, etc.
 So I guess, with these often repeated questions we just have a wonderful opportunity to exercise patience. Patience is one of the greatest virtues, so we should actually be thankful for this opportunity.
I usually am a sarcastic person, but this time I am serious. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back