Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 24, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #19,081 of 42,765

Does anybody know the battery capacity on the Mojo? sometimes i use a 5000mah external battery, which the Mojo completely drains, and it barely goes to green level(i get about 4--5 hours of use after this charge). Also, i read that Chord recommends charging from a 1A/5V source. Is there any problem if i charge with a 2A/5V iPad charger? Honestly i didn't check to see if it shortens the charging time. 
The thing is i travel a lot, and i prefer to have with me a single 2A charger, which i can use for my iPhone, iPad, and hopefully for the Mojo.

Mojo's battery is actually about 14Wh - Watt hours - is a better measure of battery capacity, as Mojo has two cells with a max total voltage of 8.4v. Your 5000mAh external battery is maybe only 18.5 Wh (assuming it is a single cell), and when you figure in inefficiencies in power delivery, you will need more than 18.5 Wh from a portable battery to fully recharge Mojo. 10000mAh single cell should be fine.

As other posters have said, 1A is min, 2A is fine but Mojo will not charge any faster. I have controlled the charge time for thermal reasons.

Rob

Jun 24, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #19,082 of 42,765
lol, I actually have the buckeye burl uni that is going out on tour. Just waiting on my mojo charging. Does a fast charging charger make any difference to the mojo? I checked post 3 but if it's in there I cant find it

Lol I thought of asking you to join the UK part of the review tour but seems like you are already 10000 steps ahead of me.

Jun 24, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #19,083 of 42,765
A couple of answers...cables, in ear monitors...For once, I have some answers where I've only posed questions.  I hope this contributes.  

Whether the USB cables help or not, I leave that to another.  As my friend, Mython pointed out, I wrote about the letter from Audio Quest owner, and not about cables.  It is only to learn if the letter is truthful or deceptive, not if HDMI cables improve visual and audio.  

Sohere goes:  I listen to TIDAL via Macbook Pro as desktop, and Tidal with iPhone on the go.  

Headphones are Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd gen) and In ears are Beyerdynamic Astell & Kern T8.  

USB:  

1. I use the stock USB cable that came with Mojo with no issues.  I use it and  slightly longer one, together, charging the Mojo while playing it, as a desk top amp and dac.  Mojo replaced my high quality amp and my high quality desk top Dac, along with the portables I had.  

2.  I also use the Mojo on the treadmill.  This is with a 3' USB cable seated next to me while walking.  There appears no difference in quality.  This walking is for 60 - 90 minutes, so I think if there was something amiss, I would hear it.  

3.  I got a silver USB cable from Hong Kong that is supposed to improve sound quality; I do not hear any difference, but it is very short, looks great and is....very short.  

Apple Connection 

I use the Mojo with iPhone and have used the 

4.  Apple official connector.  The first one died, but I had gotten it through Amazon and got an immediate replacement.  The first box said, "refurbished", though it was not advertised that way.  Since then, no problem. 

5.  Lavricable, or, for some with OCD, the Larvicable.  My first one cut out on occasion.  The company replaced it immediately and asked for me to return it so they could discover what went wrong.  No issues. It was expensive but the more I have read head-fi, the more desensitized I have become.  I bought a case for Mojo that costs more than many portable amp/dac combos.  The Lavricable goes best when I bind the iPhone to the Mojo.  (I think a AK DAP would be a nice thing to own and free up the phone).  When in this combo, they are in my pocket, and I am cutting lawn and it gets warm.  This does not concern me.  

6.  The Fiio that is not really a  Fiio small inexpensive worked some of the time, but not always.  Most here, I believe, have posted that it has worked out well.  

Listening:

Both the T1 and the T8 are stunningly beautiful with Mojo. (I have also heard Shure, my son's T51i (wow), and others; I have yet to hear anything that did not match well with Mojo.  

For the one who asked about the T8 specifically:  

After 6 weeks of T8, I may even prefer it to the T1. I find myself inclined to go to the T8 even when I don't need privacy.  It is so 'clean' sounding and the definition with Mojo just amazes me.  I did replace the cable with a silver dragon and now AK is releasing an updated version next month...with a new cable at the same price, which, if not for the desensitization process of head-fi, would have brought howls of laughter. 

I hope this helps.  

Peter 

Jun 24, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #19,085 of 42,765
Lol I thought of asking you to join the UK part of the review tour but seems like you are already 10000 steps ahead of me.
lol I cannot articulate like the pro's on here lol. What I can say is that these really do sound quality. Im happy with them, I tried the mojo a few months back but i think my hardware wasn't upto scratch. I went away, bought me quality IEM's and am now back for the 2nd time. I think these IEM's will fair alot better and give me the performance im reading of otjers compared to my 1st time.

I would think the tour would be a success. My next IEM will be a totl custom purchase such as zeus or one of the others. I cant wait to see how these earphones do with mojo and my Tidal hifi streaming. Acoustic music like ed sheeran etc sounds great directly with my phone with these so hopefully mojo will make it even better... well considering the price lol

Jun 24, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #19,086 of 42,765
lol I cannot articulate like the pro's on here lol. What I can say is that these really do sound quality. Im happy with them, I tried the mojo a few months back but i think my hardware wasn't upto scratch. I went away, bought me quality IEM's and am now back for the 2nd time. I think these IEM's will fair alot better and give me the performance im reading of otjers compared to my 1st time.

I would think the tour would be a success. My next IEM will be a totl custom purchase such as zeus or one of the others. I cant wait to see how these earphones do with mojo and my Tidal hifi streaming. Acoustic music like ed sheeran etc sounds great directly with my phone with these so hopefully mojo will make it even better... well considering the price lol

Don't worry lol. I struggled when I wrote my first review too.

Jun 24, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #19,087 of 42,765
today tried Hq player upsampling a CD flac to 192khz with a sinc filter ( sinc filter is supposed to be best ) and dither in my laptop. I was using a cheap soundmagic e10 iem directly connected to lenovo laptop . I couldn't believe the sound coming from that cheap iem. the sound was lot like mojo/Hugo. the iem never sounded so clean. I wonder what will be the sq when feeding the upsampled output to mojo/hugo ? right now I am not having my mojo and Hugo with me. anybody here using Hq player to upsample CD quality . music to mojo ? how does Hq player work with micro rendu ?

Jun 24, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #19,089 of 42,765
Streaming Tidal hifi through UAPP, mojo showing red power button. Is this correct ye?

Yes. Tidal HiFi is CD quality 16/44.1 vs lossy 16/44.1. The difference is the bit rate not bit depth (16bits) or sampling rate(44.1).

Jun 24, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #19,092 of 42,765
Im listening to Ed Sheeran, im getting the most out of this mojo ye? Which sounds fantastic btw

Ed Sheeran had the final mix done for some albums with a Hugo presumably.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/784602/chord-mojo-the-official-thread-please-read-the-3rd-post/16275#post_12517286

That's an interesting His Album X was mastered by Stuart Hawkins at metropolis studios at The PowerHouse in London and Stuart now does his final mix on a Chord Hugo he says he can hear both what is right and more importantly what is wrong in order to correct it. So it's nice to know we've helped him in his process and we all can hear the results just as Stuart heard it. Mojo is a window into the original master recording.

Jun 24, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #19,093 of 42,765
Holy ******!!! Jus put kings of leon-the end on play... Calebs voice encompasses your entire brain. NOW I understand the hype... Ed sheeran and the beautiful south sounded awesome aswell. Seriously guys, check out caleb followills voice through this mojo! Jimi hendrix up next!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back