Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 23, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #19,066 of 42,765
It's a class A output stage so expect it to be warm

Ah yes I see, forgot about the working principles of a Class A amp altogether, thanks for that.. so it makes perfect sense that it is warm all the time.. I was thinking that the DSPs on board are doing an awful lot of processing but turns out it is just the nature of the amp section, great!

Jun 23, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #19,067 of 42,765
  Thanks, yeah I was hoping for around 2500 to 3K songs so that's on par. I was considering a Sony experia but will probably get a iPod touch.

i can score one for US$275 so might pick it up this wkend.

just wish Tidal had the 'discovery' algorhythm or whatever Spotify has:
you know that app or such that tracks what you listen to and then later comes up with lists
of songs to listen to, to keep things interesting.

mojo should be arriving the next week or so.

Jun 23, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #19,069 of 42,765
 My Mojo stock cable came defective, so I'm using some 1m Samsung USB cable (for now). Pretty big compared to the 10cm stock cable. Do you think this affects sound quality? 

Nope as long as you are not forming large resistance to contact points on the cable. However, using optical or coax will affect sound quality.

Jun 23, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #19,070 of 42,765

Nice! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 24, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #19,071 of 42,765

just wish Tidal had the 'discovery' algorhythm or whatever Spotify has:

you know that app or such that tracks what you listen to and then later comes up with lists
of songs to listen to, to keep things interesting.

mojo should be arriving the next week or so.

That's awesome, I can only see them new for 400 US.
Also Tidal has "discovery" when you're streaming online. There will be titles below the song you're listening to.

Jun 24, 2016 at 11:37 AM Post #19,079 of 42,765
Oh the IEM Aria (I've signed up for the review tour). I was starting to search for a device (phone/tablet) named Aria.. 

Thanks.
lol, I actually have the buckeye burl uni that is going out on tour. Just waiting on my mojo charging. Does a fast charging charger make any difference to the mojo? I checked post 3 but if it's in there I cant find it

Jun 24, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #19,080 of 42,765
lol, I actually have the buckeye burl uni that is going out on tour. Just waiting on my mojo charging. Does a fast charging charger make any difference to the mojo? I checked post 3 but if it's in there I cant find it

Nice!

About the fast charger.. No. I remember reading a post from Chord that they limited the charge input to 1A as a safety measure so that it(mojo) does not over-heat

Users who are viewing this thread

Back