Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 25, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #19,112 of 42,765
Only when used with the optional sub-zero water-cooling jacket.

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #19,113 of 42,765
For what my word is worth for :wink: - just received the 'expensive" Mojo case - but it's really worth the price for!
Perfect fit and very nice finish...

So people thinking about this Rubber / Leather case, it's a +1

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #19,114 of 42,765
All I have is me and my Mojo....

My wife made be dump my stereo amplifier and speakers, DVD player, and desktop set up (Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Vali, LH Labs Geek Pulse Sfi) in a closet...

She hates cables more than she loves me.

I love it!  

I had to get a second pair of AK T8 for my wife to enjoy Mojo and am stalling but will get a second Mojo for her as she loves it. Last night, on suggestion from Mython, we played Noah Walls' "Down Home Blues" and loved it.  It is a collection of many songs we know (some I can play rough finger style on guitar) with a deep, rich bluesy voice (Tidal) and crystal clear instruments (Mojo!).

Having been exhausted from the previous night (staying up watching the UK vote results) I went to bed...texting her to come join me. 

Mojo + Noah Walls prevailed, however, as she texted back, ear monitors firmly in, "just one more song..." 

Special thanks to Mython!  

Has the case landed in the US yet?    (No response from US dealer.)   

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #19,115 of 42,765

My wife made be dump my stereo amplifier and speakers, DVD player, and desktop set up (Schiit Bifrost Multibit, Vali, LH Labs Geek Pulse Sfi) in a closet...

The wife has to go. Sorry but that's your only solution.

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #19,116 of 42,765
One thing you can try is applying a small ferrite choke to your interconnect cable, between your transport and Mojo:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clip-On-EMI-RFI-Noise-Ferrite-Beads-Split-Core-Choke-Clip-Filter-5MM-USB-Cable-/281961820637

(make sure you choose one with a core diameter suited to the thickness of your cable)  - you might already have one you can borrow from an old USB cable

Obviously, ferrite chokes are not relevant if you use an optical cable! :wink_face:

would it be better to lace the whole cable with them instead of 1? Lol

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #19,117 of 42,765
Also guys, with this mojo, is there an app I can use it with which will remember my downloaded offline content on Tidal? If I go direct through Tidal then mojo will be using my phones DAC or being upsampled or something? When I use UAPP it uses the mojo in bit perfect from my understanding.

It would be cool to listen to my Tidal playlist instead of searching individually and using data

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #19,118 of 42,765
Also guys, with this mojo, is there an app I can use it with which will remember my downloaded offline content on Tidal? If I go direct through Tidal then mojo will be using my phones DAC or being upsampled or something? When I use UAPP it uses the mojo in bit perfect from my understanding.

It would be cool to listen to my Tidal playlist instead of searching individually and using data

I'm not an expert on Tidal, so others may correct me on this, but my understanding is that Tidal content is encrypted, so, at this point in time, I don't think you will find any 3rd-party app capable of doing what you are asking for, with offline Tidal content.

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #19,119 of 42,765

One thing you can try is applying a small ferrite choke to your interconnect cable, between your transport and Mojo:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clip-On-EMI-RFI-Noise-Ferrite-Beads-Split-Core-Choke-Clip-Filter-5MM-USB-Cable-/281961820637

(make sure you choose one with a core diameter suited to the thickness of your cable)  - you might already have one you can borrow from an old USB cable

Obviously, ferrite chokes are not relevant if you use an optical cable!
wink_face.gif

would it be better to lace the whole cable with them instead of 1? Lol

Nice idea, but no. At the very most, you could just about justify placing one at each end of the cable (i.e. a total of 2), but, frankly, just 1 RF choke should do as much as it is going to be capable of, on a short cable.

But, hey... if you get 5 or 10 ferrite chokes for just a couple of quid, then who am I to tell you what you should or shouldn't do, in the privacy of your own home?!
ph34r.gif

Jun 25, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #19,120 of 42,765

The wife has to go. Sorry but that's your only solution.

FINALLY!  Someone speaking some sense, on Head-fi! 

(Disclaimer: just kidding - I'm not really a misogynist!)

Jun 25, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #19,121 of 42,765
Every month she asks, "why do you need all those cables?"

"Here, let me explain, this one is for..., and that one..." As if she really wanted to know.

So, I remove them all, and don't speak to her for three-weeks until she acquiesces and I get my toys back.

"I never asked you to remove the cables, I just wanted to know what they were all for and why you cannot keep them neatly."

"Really? You wanted to be educated on the purpose of each cable? Yeah, sure.

Help me place the cables back, show me how it can be done neatly."

I end up recovering my toys when she witnesses most of my life's joy has been eviscerated from my soul.

Until a month later when she starts-up again, and we go through the same routine pretending it is the first time.

Been through four cycles.

I love my Mojo, more than she hates cables.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #19,122 of 42,765

Until a month later when she starts-up again, and we go through the same routine pretending it is the first time.

The outside world (of which your cables are one aspect) does not control one's state of mind; that is just an illusion.

Maybe someone should explain to your beloved that seeking to control the outside world in order to attain inner peace is a foolhardy way to seek peace-of-mind.... (no offence intended, but I'm being completely serious)

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #19,123 of 42,765
btw when i gave my thumbs up in the last post i was joking.

have you considered turning your wife onto audio by loaning her the mojo for a few weeks?
you know, enable her to 'get into' audio/music and start to better understand it..
when she comes back more excited she then might be in a better place to understand 
the need for 'all those wires' and your other hifi system and the sound it provides.

Quote:

Every month she asks, "why do you need all those cables?"

"Here, let me explain, this one is for..., and that one..." As if she really wanted to know.

So, I remove them all, and don't speak to her for three-weeks until she acquiesces and I get my toys back.

"I never asked you to remove the cables, I just wanted to know what they were all for and why you cannot keep them neatly."

"Really? You wanted to be educated on the purpose of each cable? Yeah, sure.

Help me place the cables back, show me how it can be done neatly."

I end up recovering my toys when she witnesses most of my life's joy has been eviscerated from my soul.

I love my Mojo, more than she hates cables.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #19,124 of 42,765
A single Bluetooth box is adequate for her music listening, she would never listen with headphones.

Jun 25, 2016 at 11:27 AM Post #19,125 of 42,765
A single Bluetooth box is adequate for her music listening, she would never listen with headphones.

Perhaps you could 'bridge' the gap between her current appreciation of music, and yours, by aligning your use of your audio gear with an existing hobby of hers?

Peter's wife loves Mojo, having seen how much he was enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back