Chord Mojo(1) DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆
Jun 2, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #18,361 of 42,765
doing by DoP? and is pc mobo optical any reliable on sq? or usb better?

24/192 is is pushing it with optical. I don't think they have the bandwidth for DSD.
Edit: Yes, Mojo supports DSD64 over DoP. Apologies.

I don't know about PC optical as I don't use it. If your system has a lot of RF noise then optical will be better than USB because optical doesn't transmit RF noise.

Jun 2, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #18,362 of 42,765
24/192 is is pushing it with optical. I don't think they have the bandwidth for DSD.

I don't know about PC optical as I don't use it. If your system has a lot of RF noise then optical will be better than USB because optical doesn't transmit RF noise.

@noobandroid
For sake of clarity,Chord Mojo specifies, in its user manual, that DSD64 with DoP is possible for optical TOSLINK.
Now I can't tell if it works or not since I am not using DSD at all.
Regarding Optical transmission I will add that it:
- eliminates 100% external noises (out of computer,RF/IEM/etc...) by transport structure (optical fiber)
- lowers down computer's internal noises (Power Bus, RF,...) more or less significantly depending on implementation.
Therefore as mentionned by x RELIC x optical output is less noisy vs USB. Cheers 

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #18,363 of 42,765
@noobandroid

For sake of clarity,Chord Mojo specifies, in its user manual, that DSD64 with DoP is possible for optical TOSLINK.
- eliminates 100% external noises (out of computer,RF/IEM/etc...) by transport structure (optical fiber)
- lowers down computer's internal noises (Power Bus, RF,...) more or less significantly depending on implementation.
Therefore as mentionned by x RELIC x optical output is less noisy vs USB. Cheers 

You know what, I knew that!!!!! Grrrr, working too much and the brain is in a fog. :confused:

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #18,365 of 42,765
Onkyo HF Player = yes

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #18,366 of 42,765
Thanks,
Do you happen to Know if Onkyo or Vox output is Bit perfect. Hiby and some other free app i tried are not as the indicator stays red. 
If it sounds good why not enjoy it? I tried so called bit perfect which didnt sound good.

Jun 2, 2016 at 9:17 AM Post #18,367 of 42,765
You know what, I knew that!!!!! Grrrr, working too much and the brain is in a fog.
confused.gif

No doubt at all; only Huge Respect for the job you contributors have been doing.
beerchug.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #18,368 of 42,765

@noobandroid

You know what, I knew that!!!!! Grrrr, working too much and the brain is in a fog.
confused.gif

LOL - I got tangled-up in DSD vs DoP, a few months ago, too! Such a minefield
biggrin.gif

Look on the bright-side - it just proves we're all human, here...
beerchug.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #18,369 of 42,765
Does anyone know, if its possible to connect an Android smartphone with the Mojo via an OTG-Mirror Micro-USB cable (like this: https://www.conrad.de/de/renkforce-supersoft-otg-mirror-micro-usb-kabel-015-m-1359890.html )?

Jun 2, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #18,370 of 42,765
LOL - I got tangled-up in DSD vs DoP, a few months ago, too! Such a minefield :D

Look on the bright-side - it just proves we're all human, here... :beerchug:

I'm actually frustrated because I'm working so much (like, A LOT). It's my own choice and it's for a good cause though - Acquiring something that's been on my list for a little while...

:wink_face:

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #18,371 of 42,765
Mojo vs DAC-19 feeding your Crimson is pretty interesting. Can you do this comparison?

Yes, probably over the weekend. I'm curious if it will be good enough to part with my Dac-19 and free up some cash short term. I do think the mojo holds its own pretty well against the Dac-19 plus Crimson, though it is a bit more grainy in the upper registers at times. Very slight, and only noticed when switching between the two. The mojo is quite impressive to me.

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #18,372 of 42,765
Yes, probably over the weekend. I'm curious if it will be good enough to part with my Dac-19 and free up some cash short term. I do think the mojo holds its own pretty well against the Dac-19 plus Crimson, though it is a bit more grainy in the upper registers at times. Very slight, and only noticed when switching between the two. The mojo is quite impressive to me.

I'd have to disagree about the grain compared to the DAC-19. Interesting.

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #18,373 of 42,765
@noobandroid

Mojo works successfully at 192kHz with PCM and a short plastic or high quality glass optical fibre providing the transmitter can transmit at 192 kHz however DSD takes more bandwidth so DSD 64 is usually the limit over optical for audio products

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #18,374 of 42,765
  Does anyone know, if its possible to connect an Android smartphone with the Mojo via an OTG-Mirror Micro-USB cable (like this: https://www.conrad.de/de/renkforce-supersoft-otg-mirror-micro-usb-kabel-015-m-1359890.html )?

Not sure if that cable will work. I use this cable for connecting my android phone to the Mojo, and it works great. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back