Chord Hugo
Nov 2, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #14,057 of 15,693

Nov 4, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #14,059 of 15,693
Hi all,

I just want to post a lot of kudos to the Chord Company. I have one of the first Hugo's and since I acquired it I am completely in love with it although I encountered some issues.
I had to return my Hugo 4 times to have it repaired. Three times my Hugo was completely dead and wouldn't recharge. After the fourth time Chord simply decided to replace my Hugo with a complete new one. I could even choose the color!!
I had to listen a while to my music without my Hugo. Now with my new Hugo I realize what I have missed, WOOOOOW.
Again KODO"S to Chord for their excellent service and for making such an incredible product that makes people enjoy music to the extreme.

Nov 5, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #14,060 of 15,693
Dear Hugo users. I just searched this thread with this string, "charger plugged in all the time". It only showed me lots of posts with words like "the" in though, so no good. I am trying to find out from Hugo users whether their battery life remains good, on constant charge. Meaning after leaving the Hugo plugged in as a desktop DAC, or a hi-fi DAC.

I noticed a couple of folk on the Mojo thread finding their batteries have suffered, from being constantly plugged in. Some other users had the foresight to discharge and re-charge their batteries and have maintained good battery life. However some that didn't now only have half their original batter life: approximately four hours.

Anyway on the Hugo website Chord say that the charger can be plugged in constantly. Once the battery is full the charging circuit goes into sleep state. Obviously in use the battery will drain a little and the charger re-engage.

Basically then, are their people using the Hugo as a desktop or hi-fi DAC and leaving it plugged in? Can some of these folk please tell me how the Hugo battery has faired?

Here's hoping for good news.

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:32 AM Post #14,064 of 15,693
Why would one buy the Hugo at more than three times the price of the mojo?
From what i've been reading a lot of people prefer the mojo's tuning while also having the same power output, lower THD and higher dynamic range.

I'm not sure the mojo would be enough of an upgrade over my ak100ii and while the hugo is what i'm looking for in a product why would i spend 3x the price for something less refined.

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #14,065 of 15,693
From what i've been reading a lot of people prefer the mojo's tuning while also having the same power output, lower THD and higher dynamic range.

I'm not sure the mojo would be enough of an upgrade over my ak100ii and while the hugo is what i'm looking for in a product why would i spend 3x the price for something less refined.
I have both and I enjoy the Hugos over all sound over the Mojo.

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:34 AM Post #14,066 of 15,693

After all the reading , it's good to go out there and get hands on with the real thing to have a good demo session and comparison both .
After which you'll have a better idea of what you're after for .

Nov 6, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #14,067 of 15,693

Something less refined? Both Mojo/Hugo are very musical. 

I have both, but to me Hugo is more open and airy while still being very musical.

Not sure if you are understanding this for the right reasons.

Mojo and Hugo address noise floor modulation and timing issues that are not possible in silicon off the shelf DAC chips.

Hear either one and you will understand.

Nov 6, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #14,068 of 15,693
Unfortunately i cant find anywhere in my state to demo either.
When i say less refined i meant in relation to the mojo, not other dac's. In the way that it has more features, connections, is larger but looks to have worse specifications.

Hugo
Output power @ 1KHz
600 ohms 35mW
8 ohms 720mW
Output impedance: 0.075 ohms
Dynamic Range: 120dB
THD - 1KHz 3V output: 0.0005%

Mojo
Output Power @ 1kHz
-600 ohms 35mW
-8 ohms 720mW
-Output Impedance: 0.075 ohms