Chord Hugo
Jun 18, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #5,071 of 15,694
  ok i did not take this in consideration at all when i bought it today, so what can be done if battery dies after 2 years as I am planning to keep using this for a long long time not 2 years only

can we power it using one of those mobile external battery packs

please advise

Maybe it'd last 5 years, I don't know. But for instance, my 3 year old laptop's battery is kind of dead.

I don't know about mobile packs but I doubt it. We'd have to replace the battery somehow.

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #5,072 of 15,694
Let's go by example. We all have cell phones
I have an iphone 4 it's at least 3 years old and used daily
Still works. The buster ties can work for many years
Relax and enjoy.
Al

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #5,073 of 15,694

Maybe it'd last 5 years, I don't know. But for instance, my 3 year old laptop's battery is kind of dead.

I don't know about mobile packs but I doubt it. We'd have to replace the battery somehow.

well this needs to be then dealt with from now and ask chord to sell batteries, as 3 years for such an expensive device is nothing especially its not like i will be buying an expensive item like this again in 3 years, so how can we start making chord sell batteries and would it be difficult to replace them

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #5,074 of 15,694
It's atleast 5 years let's calm down now. It's the same for any DAPS that have been sold for the last 5 years not just this device. We are way off to something no one needs to be concerned and the batteries are nothing special .
Al

Jun 18, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #5,076 of 15,694
  in answer to you question (sorry I'm late with it)...

Chord's reply - The RCA hole diameter is 11mm. It should fit most cables where the metal part of the connector is exposed. We realise that some brands have a plastic sheath over the connector which makes the diameter larger but we don't think we could ever accommodate these.

I'm waiting for my Hugo to arrive, but I'd like to buy some RCA cables for it.  Does anyone know what the hole diameter of the Hugo's with the modified case is?  TIA.

Jun 18, 2014 at 5:29 PM Post #5,078 of 15,694
It's atleast 5 years let's calm down now. It's the same for any DAPS that have been sold for the last 5 years not just this device. We are way off to something no one needs to be concerned and the batteries are nothing special .
Al

Absolutely right, if you trickle charge, (top-up) ithey're unlikely to go through a cycle any time soon and are likely to last a very long time!

Jun 18, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #5,079 of 15,694
  Approx. 13mm diameter

Thank you - much appreciated 
smile.gif

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #5,081 of 15,694
Do you know how much DSD downloads cost? And some are really done well and some so-so but they cost. And then I have here 1500 or so CD rips, and for the most part, the good CD are more enjoyable. I hear more spatial cues and there is just a more natural openness to the sound. I have quite a number of DSD 64 and a few 128's and . . . I am happy that CD's are so good and I have around 3500 in storage just waiting for me. Crazy. 

Jun 18, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #5,082 of 15,694
Your not crazy. It's all what we want. For me it's DSD all I can get. But if course
I have tons of PCM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back