Chord Hugo
Mar 7, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #946 of 15,694
  Mine defaults to the HD USB input as well.

Regarding Version 1.89, how do you check the software  version?

If you're using Mac you can find it by:
    1. Clicking the Apple icon on the top left corner
    2. Press "About This Mac" button
    3. Select "More Info..."
    4. Select "System report..."
    5. On the left hand side select "USB" under "Hardware"
    6. Look for "Hugo" and press it.
    7. In the bottom half window you'll find the detail information of Hugo.

If you're using PC you can find it by:
    1. In Device Manager select Audio, Video and Game Controller
    2. You'll see device name of "Chord Async ISB 44.1kHz-384kHz
    3. Choose it and select "Property"
    4. Choose "Detail" tab
    5. At the "Hardware ID" column you can find the version info.

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #948 of 15,694

Imo, it would be much better if it defaulted to the last input selected before it was swiched off, which is most likely what you'll want to use again.  My last DAC defaulted to usb and that was highly annoying if you usually wanted coaxial.

Hopefully the good guys at Chord will address that in a future firmware update
normal_smile%20.gif

Me too.

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #951 of 15,694
Hi George

Only 2,2 mm diameter support 24 bit / 196 KHz
My sys concept 5 mm diameter can support only 96 KHz

Sorry, rudi...missed this post cos i go to bed early..
By the way, Fiio L12s also support 24/192 too and its cheap

Mar 7, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #952 of 15,694
Imo, it would be much better if it defaulted to the last input selected before it was swiched off, which is most likely what you'll want to use again.  My last DAC defaulted to usb and that was highly annoying if you usually wanted coaxial.

Hopefully the good guys at Chord will address that in a future firmware update
normal_smile%20.gif

They did mention about looking at way to add memory in the interview posted earlier

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #955 of 15,694
Hugo BIG brother CD player top of the Line , inside use the best DAC from Hugo
The price more than 10 times Hugo about 16.000 GBPound
biggrin.gif

Bro, I Can tell You hugo Dac Technology is More advanced than that cdplayer (the cd player use older technology from qbd dac which cost 5 times hugo) mk 3 tap length is 18000 tap length, hugo has 26000 tap length, Even the Chord Chief , John Frank Said, Hugo is the best Dac Chord Have made , It's Chord Reference.
in theory everything from Chord Product from cd player to dac , hugo is number 1.
so we must proud to have chord best dac now , i have seen somewhere somebody said this not 2k dac it is 20k dac hahaha.

my prediction in future soon chord will replace their flagship dac qbd with something that use hugo dac inside desktop case dac with more feature like ram buffering, better  pcb,and lower price than qbd.

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #956 of 15,694
Bro, I Can tell You hugo Dac Technology is More advanced than that cdplayer (the cd player use older technology from qbd dac which cost 5 times hugo) mk 3 tap length is 18000 tap length, hugo has 26000 tap length, Even the Chord Chief , John Frank Said, Hugo is the best Dac Chord Have made , It's Chord Reference.
in theory everything from Chord Product from cd player to dac , hugo is number 1.
so we must proud to have chord best dac now , i have seen somewhere somebody said this not 2k dac it is 20k dac hahaha.

my prediction in future soon chord will replace their flagship dac qbd with something that use hugo dac inside desktop case dac with more feature like ram buffering, better  pcb,and lower price than qbd.

Really! Oh wow..

Mar 8, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #957 of 15,694
Our local dealer who has had the demo hugo that was at Ces and chord's huge desktop dacs still think overall that chord desktop dac above qute hd sounds better overall. They have been doing a ton of critical listening comparing the desktop ones to hugo. While hugo has newer dac chip that should be superior to desktop dac chip, the dac chip is just part of the equation of what makes the overall dac sound better. Otherwise all es9018 dacs would have little difference between them. The big chord desktop dacs are using significantly superior implementation including better power etc. I guess the superior implementation of the desktop dac outweighs the Hugo's superior dac chip, if local dealer is to be believed. But as someone mentioned earlier, you can carry the hugo with you. My guess is chord's desktop dacs will see an upgrade to the newer dac chips soon enough.

Mar 8, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #959 of 15,694
any news about availability of the new casing in the channel. I get different answers from different dealers.  Some say it is already available, other say "4 weeks" !??

Mar 8, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #960 of 15,694
Hi Guys.

Longtime lurker based in the UK who has had a Hugo for a week now and whose jaw still drops every time I listen to this little marvel.

Others have mentioned the intricacy and clarity, but the thing that struck me is the sheer musicality. It takes you back to when you first heard the music that would later become your lifetime passion. It is detailed yet rich, and free of that metallic harshness that afflicts some portables. Acoustic music in particular is rendered beautifully, with all the joy and the emotion of a good analogue desktop system.

Currently listening alternately with HD800s and HD650s and the Hugo barely breaks a sweat. Tried streaming Qobuz (lossless 16bit 44.1khz) through Ipad 3 and CCK  and keep glancing at the Hugo in disbelief at the quality of sound. Even a non-audiophile friend was impressed.

For anyone hesitating, who perhaps raised an eyebrow when they heard the price, I have come to think that the Hugo is actually a bargain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back