Chord Hugo
Mar 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM Post #931 of 15,694
  Hi Flaco - the Forza Audi cable Micro USB fits really well & to my ears sounds very good. 

Mat who runs Forza also gives good customer service & for European based Head-Fiers is a good alternative to sourcing outside Europe which can be a hassle & more expensive due to import duties etc. 

Thanks for you reply. Just got the confirmation from Matthew at FAW himself. It will fit... I ordered the Mk2 version of it.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #932 of 15,694
Just email http://www.sysconcept.ca to fix u up an optical cable
High quality and can work up to 24/192

Hi George I use stock optical cable max can read only 96 KHz
If I play 196 KHz music my Hugo , the green line no more shining or turn on

Wow that's great if optical cable from sys concept can play 24 / 96 KHz

Did you bought the small cable or the thicker cable ?

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:22 PM Post #934 of 15,694
A little question to the Hugo owners: 

If you turn on the device and select USB as the input and you turn it on a second time, is the input selecter still on USB ? 
I thought maybe you have to choose USB every time you turn it on because coax input being the default setting....  

Any comments on this ?

Yes you must always choose USB if you turn off and on again

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #938 of 15,694
Thanks for the leads on software to use with the Hugo and DSD implementation. 

Does anyone know where the shots of the Hugo case opened up are that show the case? I have search but am having no success. 

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #939 of 15,694

Does anyone know where the shots of the Hugo case opened up are that show the case? I have search but am having no success. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/702787/chord-hugo/675#post_10315215

Original credit for the content of this photograph goes to What Hi-fi (above link), but I've adjusted contrast and removed circuitboard, for clarity. Apologies for the limited resolution, but I can only work with the resolution What Hi-fi provided:

(click to enlarge)

Credit to
apollohifi.com.au for these images:​

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #940 of 15,694
Hi George

Only 2,2 mm diameter support 24 bit / 196 KHz
My sys concept 5 mm diameter can support only 96 KHz

Rudi, i emailed sysconcepts the other day to ask abt my set-up. Also I was also told that only the sheath is the difference b/w the 2.2 vs 5 mm diameter when i asked.

I'm having second thoughts now as i wanted to get the 5mm as it seems more robust.

Mar 7, 2014 at 7:06 PM Post #941 of 15,694
  A little question to the Hugo owners: 

If you turn on the device and select USB as the input and you turn it on a second time, is the input selecter still on USB ? 
I thought maybe you have to choose USB every time you turn it on because coax input being the default setting....  

Any comments on this ?

Yes you must always choose USB if you turn off and on again

Looks like Chord ships out different version of HUGOs, mine is default at USB. I have version 1.89.

Mar 7, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #943 of 15,694
  Looks like Chord ships out different version of HUGOs, mine is default at USB. I have version 1.89.

Imo, it would be much better if it defaulted to the last input selected before it was swiched off, which is most likely what you'll want to use again.  My last DAC defaulted to usb and that was highly annoying if you usually wanted coaxial.

Hopefully the good guys at Chord will address that in a future firmware update
normal_smile .gif

Mar 7, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #944 of 15,694
It would be interesting to compare the effect on SQ compare with different transports (DX50 vs X5 vs HM901) 
wink_face.gif

Quote:

My Transportable rig

DX50 > stock Coaxial cable (from DX50)  >  Hugo >000 > Fitear C435

I can now get desktop like SQ anywhere I go

However, I still hope Chord can release a "Hugo mini" in the future that is smaller for driving only c/iem.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back