Chord Hugo
Mar 7, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #916 of 15,694
  Can the MacBook Pro be used as a source for DSD? I would guess there is some software? 

I found this:

I have some DSD file on my hard disk from my friend and I want try tonight during my iMac
Shofar I use WAV and hi res file 24 bit 196 KHz
I will share later on

For mac users Audirvana Plus is a very good music player.  It can play back FLAC/wave/DSD and almost all other audio format files. The DSD file can be converted into PCM if the DAC is not DSD ready. In the case of HUGO you can configure Audirvana Plus to use DOP standard to listen to DSD.

The best thing of Audirvana Plus is that you can try it out free for 15 days.

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #917 of 15,694
For mac users Audirvana Plus is a very good music player.  It can play back FLAC/wave/DSD and almost all other audio format files. The DSD file can be converted into PCM if the DAC is not DSD ready. In the case of HUGO you can configure Audirvana Plus to use DOP standard to listen to DSD.

Thank you for your recommendation

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #918 of 15,694
We are lucky can get on the right time , if not we must pay more 1400 pound sterling woow
So far I am very happy with Hugo
Except one only : the RCA and COAX hole to small , I can not use my home rigs RCA and Coax

i have the same problem before,
if you have vermouth black pearl or red velvet rca cable, you can ask hendry ramli to make a special shell lock for you that will fit hugo ,
he give me free just to pay the jne service

Mar 7, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #920 of 15,694
Hey guys,

I have just started trying my Hugo with the stock usb cable on my computer, listening to redbook FLAC with VLC. Sounds really impressive so far, but I will wait for some time before giving any serious impression.

I have a question / comments though: music is skipping at the beginning of a track / when switching tracks. Anybody experience that? NOTE: it happens mostly when using the HD mini usb port, not the SD mini port.

A pic of the setup:

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #921 of 15,694
Mim not sure which driver r u using?
I used win7 and when switching btw sacd iso and pcm 24bit flac i experienced this problem. I used ASIO drivers on jriver
I then switched to wasapi driver and this problem went away

Mar 7, 2014 at 6:46 AM Post #923 of 15,694
Hi, I'm on the verge of pre-ordering the Hugo and just wondered how I hook my AK120 to it? I presume I just need an optical cable together with a Toslink adaptor, is this correct please?

Just email http://www.sysconcept.ca to fix u up an optical cable
High quality and can work up to 24/192

Mar 7, 2014 at 8:34 AM Post #928 of 15,694

Imo, Audirvana plus is one of the best sounding music player for mac. Great ui, program configuration and simple lisencing... one of the best bargain in audio. I wish they will do an Android version so I can hook up my phone to the Hugo.

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #930 of 15,694
A little question to the Hugo owners: 

If you turn on the device and select USB as the input and you turn it on a second time, is the input selecter still on USB ? 
I thought maybe you have to choose USB every time you turn it on because coax input being the default setting....  

Any comments on this ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back