Chord Hugo
Aug 16, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #11,611 of 15,694
  I have only one problem with ....

WHY IT DOES NOT HAVE A REMOTE CONTROL!!!?

It's doable once we've voided the warranty like this

http://youtu.be/zWnoW8G3Tek

Another flavor would look like this

TGHv8y1.jpg

Aug 16, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #11,612 of 15,694
OMG!!!

Chord!!!

Doesn't it looks too simple ?
One single step for Chord will save me thousands of steps to change the volume every time!

:frowning2:

Aug 16, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #11,613 of 15,694
  OMG!!!

Chord!!!

Doesn't it looks too simple ?
One single step for Chord will save me thousands of steps to change the volume every time!

:frowning2:

How far away from the Chord do you listen to music?

Aug 17, 2015 at 3:39 AM Post #11,614 of 15,694
  Did anyone hear that Hugo's firmware (okay maybe not firmware but whatever is inside it) has been changed?
I heard from someone on a different thread that Hugo's firmware has been changed when ability to connect to android devices were introduced and Hugo's before that could not. Also, and more importantly, the person told me that the change in firmware/software/program/or whatever it's supposed to be called had an affect on soundstaging and bass. Soundstaging has become a bit smaller since the change and the bass has a bit more impact. This is sort of what I felt too when I compare my demo-experience versus my own Hugo which is the latest while the demo was the first gen Hugos with the smaller input/output casing. This might be just my placebo, failure of memory, or something but I just want to ask if anyone has had a similar experience. This was unheard of to me until yesterday but it sounds kinda like a big deal to me.
Thank you.

There has been no change to the FPGA code whilst Hugo has been in production, so there are no multiple versions out there.

Rob 

Aug 17, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #11,615 of 15,694

How far away from the Chord do you listen to music?

3m from each monitor... But when there is a friends at my house , they say I'm a hyperactive because 
every few songs I need to jump and change a volume... :frowning2:

smily_headphones1.gif

Any way, the Hugo is so amazing, that every song brings me the memory when I visit the Planetarium for the first time when I was 5 years old. With Hugo, another glittering dimension, full of starts is openning ...
Its not just a DAC (or an Amp) , its a Music Holographic Projector.
It's not a first listening experience, I'm 5 month with Hugo.

I saw the same name Rob Watts on my Hugo board...
I guess its a master of Hugo so its pretty exciting ...

So ...

Rob Watts, Thank you so much! You built an extraordinary product.

(Sorry for my bad English)

Aug 17, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #11,616 of 15,694
hugo with benchmark ahb2 is settling nicely. as compared to exposure 2010s2 the ahb2 brings more insight with hugo. ahb2 seems to do more justice with the extreme dynamism of hugo. the combo now delivers even the finest of the details with precision. movie watching is a real joy due to the dynamics and fast bass. however there is  that ' very slight tendency of  revealing of too much details' which may settle down after few more hours of  ahb2

Aug 17, 2015 at 8:16 AM Post #11,617 of 15,694
What speakers are you driving with the Benchmark?

Aug 17, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #11,620 of 15,694
@jazz, speakers are kef r300 with ma rsw12 sub. both amp and sub fed by Hugo through rca splitter adapter.

Looks good, also from the measurements. I think you have a nice speaker setup. Hopefully break-in will help with your concern.

Aug 17, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #11,621 of 15,694
@jazz, the biggest advantage of benchmark ahb2 is its low gain setting which allows Hugo to operate in the 1.5v to 3 v range. imho high gain amps will cause Hugo to attenuate too much which may affect the dynamics.

Aug 18, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #11,622 of 15,694
hi guys, I have a little prob with my hugo and the foobar2000. When I played my DSD playlist in foobar, lamp indicator on hugo still red (lowest quality). I read the manual, it supposed to be white lamp and if I play Flac, the lamp indicator is normal following the flac quality. Do you guys have any idea ? thank you:D

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #11,623 of 15,694
I don't think the Hugo sacrifices resolution at low output volumes – that's what Rob Watts has pointed out on several occasions. However, your combo seems to represent an excellent approach to accuracy and neutrality.

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #11,625 of 15,694
  I don't think the Hugo sacrifices resolution at low output volumes – that's what Rob Watts has pointed out on several occasions.

Where did he pointed about it?

There is no portable devices that can be competitive with Hugo to resolve on low volumes.
Hugo resolves on low volumes much better then AK240 and AK100 imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back