Chord Hugo
Aug 14, 2015 at 8:06 AM Post #11,596 of 15,694

Let's say some eegit forgot to register his Hugo a year ago June.  Would it be possible to register really late?

That is a good question, I would have personally thought that if you have the original receipt that shows date of purchase, and all documents match up that it should be possible to register, but with warranty only being valid for original period (from date of purchase) as that warranty cover (or lack thereof) doesn't make you any more (or less) likely to damage the unit...

However, I am not Chord or one of their representatives so, these are just the meandering thoughts of a madman (only four hours sleep and awoken by an annoying noise that won't go away somewhere in the house!!)

Thanks.  That's what I'm hoping for.

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:46 AM Post #11,598 of 15,694

Guys, every time I switch on the Hugo, the default input selection is USB, even if when I switched off I was using optical.

Is it possible to make the Hugo remember the last input selection so that I don't have to change to optical every time I switch it on?

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #11,601 of 15,694
However, I am not Chord or one of their representatives so, these are just the meandering thoughts of a madman (only four hours sleep and awoken by an annoying noise that won't go away somewhere in the house!!)

I've got exactly the same noise in my house, I've track the source of it in my house 

CHILDREN!!!
:)

Aug 15, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #11,602 of 15,694

excellent, thanks.

Only way is to leave the cable plugged into the Hugo.  At least with the Hi res usb, if I leave the cable in, it stays on the correct setting.  Haven't tried the toslink.

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #11,604 of 15,694

Only way is to leave the cable plugged into the Hugo.  At least with the Hi res usb, if I leave the cable in, it stays on the correct setting.  Haven't tried the toslink.

No I think that the Hi res usb is the default setting on startup...

Aug 15, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #11,605 of 15,694

No I think that the Hi res usb is the default setting on startup...

Sorry, I think you're correct.  I was thinking the standard USB was the default.

Aug 16, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #11,607 of 15,694
Yeah, I really fail to understand the logic, anyhow...
This was explained a long way back in this thread - this is due to the FPGA having no space left in its programming for remembering volume or source information when powered down...

Small price to pay for what you get (although even I will concede that the volume always resetting is a PITA as an IEM user)

Aug 16, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #11,608 of 15,694
This is a most exciting audio-product in 21th century...

Almost 3 month with it, on the roads, on the table, in the air,  connect to studio monitor, headphones, IEM's ...

I have only one problem with ....

WHY IT DOES NOT HAVE A REMOTE CONTROL!!!?

:frowning2:((

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:15 AM Post #11,609 of 15,694
  WHY IT DOES NOT HAVE A REMOTE CONTROL!!!?

:frowning2:((

errmm you are the remote-control... the human type...
wink_face.gif

Aug 16, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #11,610 of 15,694

errmm you are the remote-control... the human type...
wink_face.gif

I vote this the most helpful answer ever. 
biggrin.gif

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/08/15/review-the-spectacularly-quirky-chord-hugo/
^new review of the Hugo which is appropriately named "The Spectacularly Quirky Chord Hugo"
I would have called anyone who claimed to have developed a "reference class dac/amp" crazy a few years ago before the Hugo came out. So it is, indeed, quirky... in a good way I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back