Chord Hugo
Aug 12, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #11,581 of 15,694

register your Hugo via Chord Electronics online, details inside product packaging... think the Dealership may of been quoting the batteries as I know the warranty is less for those though don't quote me, hth...
normal_smile%20.gif

Thanks OK-Guy, however in the packaging I can find only the paper Guarantee-Registration Card, no information on how to register online.

I visited the Chord Electronics site but can't find the registration page...

Any idea?

Aug 12, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #11,584 of 15,694

Thanks OK-Guy, however in the packaging I can find only the paper Guarantee-Registration Card, no information on how to register online.

I visited the Chord Electronics site but can't find the registration page...

Any idea?

I'll get in touch with Smiley and find out for you all... I did do this exercise last year but silly me forgot to make a note (as per), I'll be back with a answer... tomorrow (end of play at the Pump House unfortunately).

Aug 12, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #11,585 of 15,694
being one of 'Smiley's People' I often get messages left in weird places, I was sauntering up to the local shop just now and I saw an 'X' on the lamp-post which meant I had a message waiting for me under the rock by the bin, next to seat by the river... after retrieving the message I though I'd impart it's contents to Head-Fi'ers.

With regard to Warranty-Cards...

The warranty card is supposed/meant to be stamped by the Dealership and then posted back to Chord, please note that some Distributors may have additional 'warranty registration' procedures in place. However Chord Electronics realise that the card is not always stamped.

The easy way around this is to just email: sales@chordelectronics.co.uk with the following information - your details, unit/product purchased, serial number and importantly a copy of the receipt or bill of sale. (original proof of purchase necessary otherwise no warranty).

Please remember that all 'Service & Warranty' claims must go through the Dealership/Distributor first before contacting Chord.

Aug 13, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #11,586 of 15,694
being one of 'Smiley's People' I often get messages left in weird places, I was sauntering up to the local shop just now and I saw an 'X' on the lamp-post which meant I had a message waiting for me under the rock by the bin, next to seat by the river... after retrieving the message I though I'd impart it's contents to Head-Fi'ers.

With regard to Warranty-Cards...

The warranty card is supposed/meant to be stamped by the Dealership and then posted back to Chord, please note that some Distributors may have additional 'warranty registration' procedures in place. However Chord Electronics realise that the card is not always stamped.

The easy way around this is to just email: sales@chordelectronics.co.uk with the following information - your details, unit/product purchased, serial number and importantly a copy of the receipt or bill of sale. (original proof of purchase necessary otherwise no warranty).

Please remember that all 'Service & Warranty' claims must go through the Dealership/Distributor first before contacting Chord.

I would estimate over 99% of warranty cards are never stamped. It would require sealed goods to be opened, before leaving the shop. I worked six months part time in Jessops store, and a customer queried stamping his Nikon Camera card. The manager laughed and said this hasn't happened for years, people won't accept opened goods. Not sure why manufactures still give out this impractical advice, especially now so much bought online!

Aug 13, 2015 at 5:28 AM Post #11,587 of 15,694
Surely would be logical to provide the dealer network the cards seperately to stamp at time of purchase?

Even if an unscrupulous person stole said cards (and they were stamped) would be tough to match a serial number on (let's argue a stolen) item, claim for warranty repair AND for it to not have been previously registered?! And, even if that did happen, you then have the address of the perpetrator!

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #11,588 of 15,694
Surely would be logical to provide the dealer network the cards seperately to stamp at time of purchase?

Even if an unscrupulous person stole said cards (and they were stamped) would be tough to match a serial number on (let's argue a stolen) item, claim for warranty repair AND for it to not have been previously registered?! And, even if that did happen, you then have the address of the perpetrator!

plans are afoot to remedy things but sometimes things take a little bit longer than anticipated but the end is on the horizon with regard to 'Warranty registration'... a new simplified warranty-registration is planned and should be up & running soon, hth.

btw... the reason I ain't buying gear is because I'm saving up for one of those 'magic-wand' thingies, you know the coo so I can make things happen in an instant, just like my coffee (I actually prefer tea but I needed a good analogy)...  
wink_face.gif

Aug 13, 2015 at 7:59 AM Post #11,589 of 15,694
I would like to save up to buy new ears, like the ones they have on the test dummy heads for measuring things...

Wonder when I can get that appointment sorted :wink:

Aug 13, 2015 at 8:29 AM Post #11,590 of 15,694
I would like to save up to buy new ears, like the ones they have on the test dummy heads for measuring things...

Wonder when I can get that appointment sorted
wink.gif

Have you thpought this through?
Just think of all the years of burn in they will require
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #11,591 of 15,694

Wonder when I can get that appointment sorted
wink.gif

you'll have to get in touch with the people at Millbrook mate, link:http://www.millbrook.co.uk/Facilities-and-Services/Laboratories/Test-Laboratories but be warned, most humanoids that go there for 'Dummy' related appointments tend to have their heads mangled or crushed but hey, best of luck with you quest (if you need Sponsorship send me a pm)...
wink_face.gif

Have you thpought this through?
Just think of all the years of burn in they will require
wink.gif

not really a fan of the acrid smell of burning plastic but I daresay a Swan-Vesta match would hasten any burn-in period... 'Burn-In for Dummies' now there's a novel idea...
wink_face.gif

Aug 14, 2015 at 1:04 AM Post #11,594 of 15,694
Let's say some eegit forgot to register his Hugo a year ago June.  Would it be possible to register really late?
That is a good question, I would have personally thought that if you have the original receipt that shows date of purchase, and all documents match up that it should be possible to register, but with warranty only being valid for original period (from date of purchase) as that warranty cover (or lack thereof) doesn't make you any more (or less) likely to damage the unit...

However, I am not Chord or one of their representatives so, these are just the meandering thoughts of a madman (only four hours sleep and awoken by an annoying noise that won't go away somewhere in the house!!)

Aug 14, 2015 at 6:53 AM Post #11,595 of 15,694
New life to my desktop speakers Kef X300A with the Hugo connected to their analogue-in through a very decent Ortofon cable!

Such a big improvement over the X300A's internal DAC!

Let me show you my minimalistic wonderland...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back