Chord Hugo
Nov 9, 2014 at 1:59 AM Post #8,746 of 15,694
  ... and never thought the cables matters for Optical connections.
Can I ask you what your cable is connected to? 

2014 MacBook Pro, stock card.

The materials used in optical cables seem to vary pretty considerably with some using acrylics, and even plastic. So the transfer integrity of the signal seems to be at the mercy of said material. The Wireworld Super Nova 7 is made with something like 300+ hi-purity glass strands, and then micro-polished and blah blah. But my ears tell me whatever little elves they have in there micro-polishing away, might just work. 

Edit: running Audirvana+ 2.0 off Mac. 

Nov 9, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #8,748 of 15,694
No noise here

Nov 9, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #8,749 of 15,694
I was in the Apple store today and they told me I should not use the USB cable if I need to apply force to get it in and out for my Macbook Pro. So I guess the USB cable I got with my Chord Hugo is bad.

Any USB cables worth checking out or do they all sound the same? 

While waiting for my Eddie Curent  445 desktop tube headphone amp to arrive, I just received his (very) little brother: a TUR-06  :D

very nice complement to the HUGO !   Warmer sound but still precise...

So, now, "on the go" or at home, I will be "all tube"

YES:  AK100 > HUGO > TUR-06 tube amp  :)

Just need to do some tube rolling now to find the perfect match... :D

Wow. Pics looks very nice.

Nov 9, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #8,750 of 15,694
Anyone knows which toslink cables fit the Hugo properly with a 'click' without the need for filing etc?
The van den hull octocoupler II toslink - is the only one I know of...

Might be worth upgrading the cable.

Thanks!

Nov 9, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #8,751 of 15,694
Today I had a chance to try a different optical dac as my latest attempt to get 24/192 off from ak120 failed using HUGO. To my surprise I could get it work! Switched back to HUGO and same setup did not work.

So that means ak120 does allow signal out and the cables do work just that HUGO seem to not to like it.

Nov 9, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #8,752 of 15,694
Anyone knows which toslink cables fit the Hugo properly with a 'click' without the need for filing etc?

Thanks!
Not that i known of what would sound any better than the van den hull you've got.I might get a super nova 7 so i can see if i can hear a difference and if it will stay in the Hugo . I'll let you know if it sounds any better than the van den hull.

Nov 9, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #8,753 of 15,694
@SoundFreaq Did you ever try the 1300-strand Sysconcept.ca optical cables? There is a science behind optical cable designs, though primarily 192k audio over optical actually requires a good cable.

Nov 9, 2014 at 10:11 AM Post #8,755 of 15,694

Thanks!

Moon-audio silver dragon toslink cable fit Hugo perfectly, Im using it right now and it actually sounds better than the one came with Hugo.

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #8,757 of 15,694

As a consumer who has not one, but two, bulky and basically useless Audeze travel cases, the last thing I want is for manufacturers to start making more decisions re accessories on my behalf - I paid for two boxes that I not only have no use for, but which I believe were simply a clever shipping design for Audeze rather than a genuine value-add for their customers.

Post them on the For Sale forum and I'm sure you would get some interest. I actually have a friend in Southern CA who has a pair of LCD-3s but he ordered them with the wood box. He's told me before he might want to buy a travel case.

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #8,758 of 15,694

As a consumer who has not one, but two, bulky and basically useless Audeze travel cases, the last thing I want is for manufacturers to start making more decisions re accessories on my behalf - I paid for two boxes that I not only have no use for, but which I believe were simply a clever shipping design for Audeze rather than a genuine value-add for their customers.

Post them on the For Sale forum and I'm sure you would get some interest. I actually have a friend in Southern CA who has a pair of LCD-3s but he ordered them with the wood box. He's told me before he might want to by a travel case.

Years ago there were issues with LCD-2s arriving broken, so the travel case actually makes a lot of sense. Also, given what a PITA packing can be, the case makes it very easy.

Thanks Mate!

Please let us know what you found.

I'd love to try the sysconcept cable but can't find it anywhere in the UK?

Direct sales only. Otherwise they'd be 2-3x the price of what they are on the Sysconcept web site. They aren't the only seller of 1300-strand optical cables though. I don't know who the raw manufacturer is.

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #8,759 of 15,694
....I might get a super nova 7 ... if it will stay in the Hugo ...

It's definitely not an environment conducive to any movement. Home/desk, all fine. 

@SoundFreaq Did you ever try the 1300-strand Sysconcept.ca optical cables? There is a science behind optical cable designs, though primarily 192k audio over optical actually requires a good cable.

Ah, Have not! Checking it out right now. Thanks for the heads up. 

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #8,760 of 15,694
Hi, I have a question about the Charge light of Hugo. should it be on when the charger is plugged in and battery has been fully charged and the device is being used?

I have this questions because I left the device connected last night to charge the battery, and the charge light was off and remained off when I turned the device on, with the charger still connected, after an hour of use, the charge light turned on again, can anybody tell me is this normal? kind feel like the charging can't keep up with consumption.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back