Chord Hugo
Apr 26, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #2,431 of 15,694
Apr 26, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #2,433 of 15,694
Apr 26, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #2,437 of 15,694
And they just right now added to the site: no shipping to US/Canada. 
Of course they did. In the light of the Hugo's BT problems and Mr. Watts detailed response on this thread it will be up to the market to decide what is a fair price for a Hugo.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #2,438 of 15,694
They also have a blurb at the bottom that states they can ship to US. Despite the new statement. 

In my opinion, the BT "problems" are a non-issue. It's not vital to the function in any way, nor is it even an optimum method for listening from a quality viewpoint. Pure convenience. I would still have bought it at original price, and still maintain it's a good value sans BT. 

Pretend it's not on there, then it becomes more like every other device, but sounds better. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:06 AM Post #2,439 of 15,694
Of course they did. In the light of the Hugo's BT problems and Mr. Watts detailed response on this thread it will be up to the market to decide what is a fair price for a Hugo.

no... the units on offer are with the original case & not the updated one.

Custom-Cable also has AK120 on offer, so would you also assume the market is making a correction or like me think that Custom-Cable is having a BIG sale shifting old-stock for new.

Link: http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/astell-and-kern-ak120-portable-mqs-music-player.html

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #2,440 of 15,694
That's my take, wanting to offload gen. 1 chassis inventory. But my invoice also has the promo code BlueMurder2014, so probably part of the massive annual sale.

Everything is on crazy sale! X5 for 240 pounds, etc. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:12 AM Post #2,441 of 15,694
And they just right now added to the site: no shipping to US/Canada. 

If I was Chord I would raise the price. I just passed on buying a $6k dac for half price because the Hugo mops the floor with it. And oh I forgot to mention the $6k DAC doesn't have BT :wink:

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #2,442 of 15,694
  They also have a blurb at the bottom that states they can ship to US. Despite the new statement. 

In my opinion, the BT "problems" are a non-issue. It's not vital to the function in any way, nor is it even an optimum method for listening from a quality viewpoint. Pure convenience. I would still have bought it at original price, and still maintain it's a good value sans BT. 

Pretend it's not on there, then it becomes more like every other device, but sounds better. 

Agreed. It's pretty much a non-issue. And at that sale price, a no-brainer. The original chassis suits me just fine.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #2,443 of 15,694
  That's my take, wanting to offload gen. 1 chassis inventory. But my invoice also has the promo code BlueMurder2014, so probably part of the massive annual sale.

Everything is on crazy sale! X5 for 240 pounds, etc. 

yup it is a complete sale and not just about the Hugo.

if you want the new chassis at a discount best to go to the Axpona Hi-Fi Show, Chicago... you'll get 10% off a Hugo at the Show only. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #2,444 of 15,694
If I was Chord I would raise the price. I just passed on buying a $6k dac for half price because the Hugo mops the floor with it. And oh I forgot to mention the $6k DAC doesn't have BT :wink:

But thankful for the price point. Some people would pay more, but a lot won't. What they should do is remove BT. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #2,445 of 15,694
no... the units on offer are with the original case & not the updated one.

Custom-Cable also has AK120 on offer, so would you also assume the market is making a correction or like me think that Custom-Cable is having a BIG sale shifting old-stock for new.

Link: http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/astell-and-kern-ak120-portable-mqs-music-player.html
OK-Guy, they're having a sale. I think the correction, if any, will come in a few weeks when the novelty wears off and Hugo owners decide if they want to live with it permanently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back