Chord Electronics - The Shard Event
Oct 4, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #31 of 481
What makes the most sense to me using red as a low volume colour has to do with the visible light spectrum. Red is low energy and relatively harmless. Blue/purple/ultraviolet is very high energy and very harmful.

That's exactly the idea, but with black at the bottom and white at the top. I am guilty of forgetting that something that seems obvious to someone educated in physics may be less obvious to others! But its easy once you get the hang of it.

Rob

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #32 of 481
When I was active in the hugo threads the hottest request was a)a matching amp, b) a source only device for hugo. I know Mr Watts said they will never venture in the second option as the costs require dfor it is just too much to risk. Beside they believe currently there are enough good sources for HUGO so my guess it is going to be an amp only unless I am mistaken grossly.

Having said that I know the belief of the designer is that adding an amp to hugo reduces transparency and that defeats the purpose so I honestly Am clueless but I hope for a matching amp, I truly do hoe that is it!

Oct 4, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #33 of 481
My money's on a Hugo portable DAP with 5 inch OLED screen with 30 hours DSD playback, 1TB flash storage built in with further 500gb on SD card slot, TT amplification power and packing a DAVE dac chip inside:tongue_smile:

One can dream can't they, but seriously would be nice to see a Hugo DAP crusher in time for Christmas:wink_face:
Hmm, I'd better start saving now if that is the case...

Anyone want a kidney? 38yrs on the clock?

Oct 4, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #34 of 481
When it's a new Hugo, more portable (smaller) and even more suitable for iems, I might sell my ''old'' Hugo to finance it...
When it's a dap I'll probably wait and see how it holds up to contenders like the QP1R
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 4, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #36 of 481
Hmm, I'd better start saving now if that is the case...

Anyone want a kidney? 38yrs on the clock?

At least you've got two years less mileage than me! 

I dread to imagine what one of those would cost if Chord ever did but I would sell my Kidney, wife & soul for one if they ever did although in reality with cost, and it detracting from what the Hugo dac/amp is all about will probably never happen but I am a daydreamer so....

Oct 4, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #37 of 481
I would sell my Kidney, wife & soul for one...

Well, that's an interesting statement 
wink.gif

tumblr_n17lo30Tsz1sqhc10o2_400.gif

* Angel Heart [1987]

Oct 5, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #38 of 481
Could it be the replacement for the DSX1000 with DAVE shoehorned into it and a solid state hard disc system added?

Where is my cheque book?!!

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #39 of 481
If it's a portable dap I could get one for my wife - that would be a fair trade I think

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #40 of 481
i think chord will not venture into daps or anything smaller than the hugo in size

so my hopes for a dap from chord arenot that much high

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #41 of 481
Please... Please... Please... Be it be a Hugo based portable DAP with high storage capacity, the ability to stream music and a long battery life.

Love my Hugo, but due to its size, it is not my first choice for music on the go.

Cheers

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #42 of 481
Please... Please... Please... Be it be a Hugo based portable DAP with high storage capacity, the ability to stream music and a long battery life.

Love my Hugo, but due to its size, it is not my first choice for music on the go.

Cheers

man that if they would do that then christmas came too early

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #43 of 481
Hugo based DAP!

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #44 of 481
My guess is something along the lines of a Naim Mu-so (I have one).  Stylish, high quality multi-room streamer.....HQ music compatible with the added advantage of a quality headphone out.......I don't think one of them exists.....and it would probably allow a nice looking headphone on a stand into my living room (W.A.F)   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back