Chord Electronics - The Shard Event
Oct 5, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #48 of 481
Competition Time!

It may have been overlooked, but we also are running a competition for a fellow Head-Fier to win an invitation to the launch event and there are now TWO ways to enter.​
 ​
You can either drop a picture of you with your Hugo, or any other Chord product within this thread, or you can just simply register your interest and say why you would like to come. We're going to pick the name at random on the 11th of October.​
 ​
This is one event that's not to be missed!​
 ​

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:29 PM Post #49 of 481
  So, it's a game changer....personally I hope it will be something portable, like a dap or an even smaller Hugo 2
smily_headphones1.gif

Ah well, just 11 days to go...

You might be on to something.

Oct 5, 2015 at 1:58 PM Post #51 of 481
Perhaps you will be able to play games on it. :)

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #53 of 481
Originally Posted by fiascogarcia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You might be on to something.

Is this an optical or a coaxial illusion
confused.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #58 of 481
Realizing they are promoting on head-fi pretty much narrows the product possibilities.  Given the name and their current product line, some kind of DAP is almost assured.  Hugo is close enough already with a lot of open space in that box.  The problem with DAPs for these small companies is how the software on both unit and computer (eg iTunes) works.  Typically way out of their wheel house.  It can be done.  For example, I was pleasantly surprised at Lightning DS from Auralic.  But given iTunes like software requires a bunch of versions (UI is a tricky thing) not to be buggy and useful, I am a bit afraid.

Now if the sound is amazing, I might be willing to forgive a lot.  However, my "portable" headphones don't match up to the ones I wouldn't carry around so I do have some doubts.  Would love to be surprised!  And Rob Watts did work some wonders with the Hugo and I do need a go to portable.  Sadly just bought the most recent ipod touch so I could control my (hopefully) soon to arrive OneWheel.

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #59 of 481
Since Chord listen to what we say, I will say, make a DAP powered by Hugo engine with current mode amplification... I am sure they will win tons of award and sell like hot cakes..

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #60 of 481

One thing though when looking up for the word "the shard" the result came out as London bridge tower.  I think this might be different that what we originally thought.  Their DAC product line was named after normal UK person(imo).  However, this name is different like they want the name to mean something like a bridge or transport to work with their line of DAC.  what you guy think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back