Chord Electronics - The Shard Event
Oct 3, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #16 of 481
  but I doubt they will be releasing a squirrel.

and if they do, it will be at least some great sounding hifi squirrel
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #18 of 481
Well, they say: ''You’ve talked and we’ve listened.''
So, we've only got to figure out what we've told them
ph34r.gif

Oct 3, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #19 of 481
- IEM friendly , smaller HUGO Jr.
- Hugo based DAP
- pure portable transport for HUGO.

Can't think of anything else.

Oct 3, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #20 of 481
I hope it not something that will be something that is desktop like, as already chord have many dac/amps that are for desktop use

I hope it's it's something portable and I really cross my fingers it's a dap, or a smaller Hugo

Oct 3, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #22 of 481
I hope it's portable but somehow I believe chord is not into portable gear , they barely came up with the Hugo which is transportable

Oct 3, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #23 of 481
A Hugo DAP would be a gamechanger. Up to this point I've enjoyed the Chord sound, but don't want a big brick in my pocket. For this reason, and my hate of unintuitive colour-coded volume knobs (why is red low?!), I have preferred other options at the same price.

Oct 3, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #24 of 481
I found the answer in this picture they've posted in the Hugo thread earlier today!

It's a (4TB inside) dap that looks just like a black marker. Such a simple and yet ultimate portable design.
When you push the button it starts streaming hi-res files by bluetooth to the Hugo...just look at that picture.

Wow, what a great invention and game changer indeed
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #25 of 481
  Well, they say: ''You’ve talked and we’ve listened.''
So, we've only got to figure out what we've told them
ph34r.gif

800+ pages is a lot of waffle & musings to go through on the Hugo thread to dig that info out! If you get time to plough through that then get back to us I will be waiting just here!
biggrin.gif

I hope it's portable but somehow I believe chord is not into portable gear , they barely came up with the Hugo which is transportable

To the contrary the Hugo was nothing like they had ever done before and come from doing dedicated Hi-fi equipment for speaker systems so this was portable for them although not portable in relation to been what everyone would class as truly portable like a dap or something that fits in a pocket without bulging out without looking like you are pleased to see everyone.  

The Hugo was still able to take with you on trips on planes, trains & automobiles and enjoy on your business trip or holiday as before the Hugo came along you try lugging around even their smallest product that would of been a Qute2 dac, not including amplification there but have to remember for Chord the Hugo was the start of a new frontier for Chord that will evolutionize over time so I like to believe it will be something that compliments the Hugo ethos in a portable form as after all TT is their desktop release that has only just come out so can't imagine another desktop incarnation somehow at the moment? 

The original Hugo should of been a Hugo "T" for Transportable instead of portable but then may of then got confusing for marketing when the "TT" came along! Maybe there will be a "TTT" Truly Transportable Tabletop!

A Hugo DAP would be a gamechanger. Up to this point I've enjoyed the Chord sound, but don't want a big brick in my pocket. For this reason, and my hate of unintuitive colour-coded volume knobs (why is red low?!), I have preferred other options at the same price.

Have to admit everyone would naturally engage seeing red as danger which = your head or iem's are about to explode at this volume!  How many Hugo owners are colour blind anyway
eek.gif

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #26 of 481
What makes the most sense to me using red as a low volume colour has to do with the visible light spectrum. Red is low energy and relatively harmless. Blue/purple/ultraviolet is very high energy and very harmful.

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:29 PM Post #27 of 481
My money's on a Hugo portable DAP with 5 inch OLED screen with 30 hours DSD playback, 1TB flash storage built in with further 500gb on SD card slot, TT amplification power and packing a DAVE dac chip inside
tongue_smile.gif

One can dream can't they, but seriously would be nice to see a Hugo DAP crusher in time for Christmas
wink_face.gif

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #28 of 481
What makes the most sense to me using red as a low volume colour has to do with the visible light spectrum. Red is low energy and relatively harmless. Blue/purple/ultraviolet is very high energy and very harmful.

I will remember that next time I go through a set of red traffic lights or see a red triangle road sign
biggrin.gif

(Or an Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool shirt come to think of it!) 

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #29 of 481
I will remember that next time I go through a set of red traffic lights or see a red triangle road sign:D

(Or an Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool shirt come to think of it!) 

Lol! That's just how I keep it straight in my mind. Our societal use for the colour red has no bearing on my views of the laws of nature, hahaha.

Oct 3, 2015 at 8:56 PM Post #30 of 481
Lol! That's just how I keep it straight in my mind. Our societal use for the colour red has no bearing on my views of the laws of nature, hahaha.

Which ever way we interpret it in our own minds as long as we don't have memory loss disorder with the Hugo colour spectrum then we are okay unlike those who are colour blind like my Dad which always made doing electrics fun back in the day and now playing Russian roulette with his headphones when he listens to my Hugo make for interesting viewing! 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back