Chord Electronics - The Shard Event
Oct 6, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #61 of 481
One thing though when looking up for the word "the shard" the result came out as London bridge tower.  I think this might be different that what we originally thought.  Their DAC product line was named after normal UK person(imo).  However, this name is different like they want the name to mean something like a bridge or transport to work with their line of DAC.  what you guy think?

Danpong, Hugo is indeed a UK (man's) name; but IIRC, Hugo was a play on "you go" for portability (a pretty awful one, it has to be said - apologies Rob et al).

The Shard is a relatively recent addition to London's skyline, and looks like something Superman might have been born in, or a TOTL James Bond villain would build. It is built on top of one of London's busiest train stations, London Bridge, which in turn is right next to the actual London Bridge that spans the river Thames.

History buffs will recall that Robert McCulloch, an American industrialist, bought London Bridge in the 1960s and had it shipped across the Atlantic to be a statement / PR draw for a new city he was building.
(Legend, and most English people, have it that he thought he was buying the rather more famous, and iconic, Tower Bridge instead.)
The original bridge is still in Arizona, looking rather more neoclassical and clean from seeing a lot more sunshine than it's previous 100 (or 900, depending on the version) years in the rain in Londinium.

Oct 6, 2015 at 7:48 AM Post #62 of 481
Subbed, rumor i heard is theres an updated hugo with a new chip coming out, not sure if its related to the shard event announcement or not, probably not since its clear theyre saying its a new thing and a gamechanger. Hope its a dap.

Oct 6, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #68 of 481
I'd be willing to enter, but travel and accommodations from the US would probably be enough to pay for a good portion of whatever the new toy is!

Oct 6, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #70 of 481
Guys if it is a DAP based on Hugo I break everything leave my job sell my clothes on eBay and talk to you in a year.
That being said a dude on the Hugo thread broke my dreams by answering such machine would be too hard/costly to develop. Meh. I still like to dream.

Oct 6, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #71 of 481
Subbed, rumor i heard is theres an updated hugo with a new chip coming out, not sure if its related to the shard event announcement or not, probably not since its clear theyre saying its a new thing and a gamechanger. Hope its a dap.

hope it is a dap and if it is,well sorry Fiio X7 but i will definitely be getting chord hugo dap to match my chord hugo.

Oct 6, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #72 of 481
Hhhmm.. it say, the game will change.

They have already change the game with the most advance DAC out there. So building another DAC is not a game changer anymore.

The Game will change when they release a DAP powered by the most advance DAC. Wipes the competition off the floor clean dry.

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:32 PM Post #75 of 481
Guys if it is a DAP based on Hugo I break everything leave my job sell my clothes on eBay and talk to you in a year.
That being said a dude on the Hugo thread broke my dreams by answering such machine would be too hard/costly to develop. Meh. I still like to dream.
Rumour has it that you'd better start getting those listings ready!

...Actually I don't know of any rumours, but I would definitely PMSL if you were right, and - now I've quoted you, you cannot back out if you're right :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back