Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jun 12, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #13,187 of 22,475
the new version just edges the original version in my humble opinion probably because Ralph Mctell enlisted the help of Crisis, the choir is made up of Crisis clients(homeless) so is just a tad more poignant and all proceeds go to the Charity, that said both versions are the dogs.

I'm going to see him 'live' in November at Canterbury, hoping it will be a great show. Thanks for the links uzi2 as I'll have to gen up on his stuff.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #13,188 of 22,475
the new version just edges the original version in my humble opinion probably because Ralph Mctell enlisted the help of Crisis, the choir is made up of Crisis clients(homeless) so is just a tad more poignant and all proceeds go to the Charity, that said both versions are the dogs.

I'm going to see him 'live' in November at Canterbury, hoping it will be a great show. Thanks for the links uzi2 as I'll have to gen up on his stuff.
Where in Canterbury is he performing? - Marlowe?

edit: I see it's at the university - I will be there - Also check out Oyster Band and Lau in November

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #13,189 of 22,475
Would you happen to have a link to the original?

Sorry Brother, but I am far too young to know the original. I do however have a very nice version by this girl - who always wanted to sit beside me at school.:nerd:

I reckon that it will sound great out of your H2.

Jun 13, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #13,191 of 22,475
Where in Canterbury is he performing? - Marlowe? I see it's at the university - I will be there - Also check out Oyster Band and Lau in November

never been to that venue in Canterbury before, it looks nice & snug so I guess it'll be intermate... I've got a Oyster-Band album 'Meet You There' which is ok'ish that said, I'm not that into folk though I quite like a few American artist, I'll probably give the OB date a swerve.

I got a fantastic Dead & Co 'live' album the other week, the band consist of the remaining members of the Grateful-Dead plus a few others notably John Mayer, I'd love to see them 'live' before I die (I'm getting ancient)… here's a tune off the album (you can get all their concerts on 'nugs.net', the Nugs 'live' albums are excellent quality, just type in the artist/band).

another album I got off of Nugs was Springsteen's 'live in Rome' which featured a ultra rare performance of 'New York Serenade', it's from his second album and my favourite Bruce tune, enjoy...

btw great to see all the interest in 'Streets of London'... :slight_smile:

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #13,192 of 22,475
Guys, I think that it is time to move on, but before we do, time for just one more video.

This is a video that I would have made if I owned a dog and had bad taste in beer. :ksc75smile:

Oh great ,another one of your murderous looking dog, videos.
I liked the jumping one a lot too ,"joie de vivre" in its purest form.
I agree with you about the beer. There is actually quite a good a joke about that brand.
Wow! Just look at the smile every time the music starts again.
Maybe my dog actually did appreciate Bruckner's 7th too when he used to howl to it.
And I am convinced my cat in Thailand which used to lie purring on my chest whenever I played music by Mozart did like not only me, but Mozart's music too.
Cheers Christer

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:48 AM Post #13,194 of 22,475
I was wondering.

I was messing about with my PC which runs W10 and I was looking at the properties of Chords W10 async driver.

When looking at the sample rate supported tab, I see it only goes upto 96khz, is that the same for everyone elses Chord Async driver ?

Like this

20638317-00ED-4CF0-AA50-796B9C7E4770.png

If I look at the properties of my sound cards optical port, it shows a sample rate supported of 192khz which is correct.

Its just Chords driver that only goes upto 96khz and I was wondering if it was the same as everyone elses ?

Can someone check to see if theirs is the same ?

Cheers.

Attachments

• 90FCDD56-8135-4755-BDF6-13B5977D3FC0.png
    90FCDD56-8135-4755-BDF6-13B5977D3FC0.png
    503.4 KB · Views: 0
Jun 13, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #13,196 of 22,475
Jun 13, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #13,197 of 22,475
Is there a recommended usb lead for hugo - to - laptop, or is the supplied one ok?

Jun 13, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #13,199 of 22,475
I never had any problems using the PC > Hugo with the supplied USB-lead that said, I'm easily pleased for the main.
+1. more... never had problems with usb and cheap cables with chord and with other brands

Users who are viewing this thread

Back