Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jun 11, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #13,171 of 22,475
don't you need cck for iPhones with ch1 and ch2

Jun 12, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #13,172 of 22,475
He is maybe a fan of retro 1960s TV drama shows like Ironside etc, as thats the vibe I got from watching it... Grainy video with 60s curtains and jazz music.

The only thing we are missing is the murder victim and chalk marks..

guess you missed the next episode featuring the CSI's, Professor-Plum was found dead in the living-room clutching a Mojo, Hugo was jealous apparently.... spoilers huh.

Jun 12, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #13,173 of 22,475
Jun 12, 2018 at 5:13 AM Post #13,174 of 22,475
imho it is possible to capture the sound quality and speaker set up through recording devices. there are a number of videos on YouTube. some sound very good some sound too bright depending upon the gear and speaker placement. in my system I had taken great care in placement of speakers ( toe in ) and matching of sub. the result is accurate imaging aided further by Hugo 2. I could have posted audio only but video was added to give an idea of my minimalistic set up. there is nothing unknown ultra high end and exotic thing in my system. all the components are well regarded in their own right. Btw one can listen the difference even in case of Blu mk2 added to Dave on YouTube.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #13,176 of 22,475
Quality of the video aside, I never understood what good it would do to record the sound of ones soundsystem to present that to other people who will then listen to that on their own system. Could somebody enlighten me?
Good to see that at least a few of you guys got the message I am trying to pass in my own very diplomatic way once again.
Cheers Christer

Jun 12, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #13,177 of 22,475
Oh my g**! And to think I unblocked your posts.
Yes I know, facts are too hard to face for some here.
But you can always block me again if that makes you feel better.
Hear no evil speak no evil, nothing but praise allowed I guess.
Sorry to be stepping on your obviously very sensitive toes again.
IMHO in a "SUMMIT FI/ HIGHEND FORUM" like this one it is sometimes neccessary to remind overly enthusiastic posters of at least some minimum standards to be upheld hopefully preventing things from becoming painfully embarrassing like the video under discussion in the future.
Cheers Christer

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #13,178 of 22,475
Guys, I think that it is time to move on, but before we do, time for just one more video.

This is a video that I would have made if I owned a dog and had bad taste in beer. :ksc75smile:

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:04 AM Post #13,179 of 22,475
Guys, I think that it is time to move on, but before we do, time for just one more video.

This is a video that I would have made if I owned a dog and had bad taste in beer. :ksc75smile:

I want to post this on the sound science forum for some reason.

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #13,181 of 22,475
Anyone try using magnetic micro usb cables such as these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BXDVBCN/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 to avoid stress on the connections?

After seeing your post I bought a pair of these connectors for my H2 and can report that they sort of work.

The power connection is stable, but does not have that firm of a hold. I have had the magnetic connection break pretty quickly after the initial "installation". I have since modified the drape of the USB cable to have less pull on the connector (hopefully this will solve the issue of pull out)

The data connection on the other hand is not stable. I am plugging USB in straight from a USB 3 card on my PC and it works, but not without intermittent signal stutters/dropouts. The data connection also had the same issue as the power and that it looked like the magnetic connection was not that strong.

I think I may use the magnetic adapter when traveling with the H2, but I do not think I am going to continue to use it during office use.

The model I bought are the 5th Gen Micro USB to Micro USB Adapters by Netdot-tech.com

Best,

Jun 12, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #13,182 of 22,475
ummm this is the 'Portable Source Forum' the Summit/Hi-End Forum is down the corridor just past the water-fountain second door on the left.

In case you get lost here's a cracking tune about the homeless, enjoy... truly.

A song that never fails to raise the hairs on the back of the neck even after listening to it for - what is it? 47 years now. Thankfully it has been reinvented over the years and you will find many versions. Strangely The Anti Nowhere League version fails to shock as much as the original, but Woman is their finest hour...

Jun 12, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #13,183 of 22,475
A song that never fails to raise the hairs on the back of the neck even after listening to it for - what is it? 47 years now. Thankfully it has been reinvented over the years and you will find many versions. Strangely The Anti Nowhere League version fails to shock as much as the original, but Woman is their finest hour...
Always liked the Cleo Lane version, meself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back