CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jul 20, 2016 at 3:06 AM Post #3,691 of 25,834

Thanks Rob. Is it enough to turn my laptop off at the mains, or does it need to be physically disconnected to avoid potential RF issues?

No, ground is still connected. And even if it was switched ground, the capacitance of the switch would be at best similar to the galvanic isolator capacitance. I pull the charger cable out from the lap-top's power port for critical listening. 

Rob

Jul 20, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #3,693 of 25,834
So I made a mistake and I need some suggestions...

I am scaling down to just the DAVE and part of this is that I sold my PS Audio P3.  I listed it and it sold much quicker than I thought it would...  Anyways, after removing it I realized that it made a difference with DAVE :frowning2:

Uh oh.

Either way, I want something much smaller - a one outlet idea. I'm thinking something like Shunyata Venom AMP-1 but that's really not an ideal item as it is more for high draw items like a big amp.  I am also considering a PS Audio Power Base but that's bigger than I want and ideally it would be something in-line.

Does anyone have a suggestion for something specifically designed for a digital source?

Jul 20, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #3,694 of 25,834

I am scaling down to just the DAVE and part of this is that I sold my PS Audio P3.  I listed it and it sold much quicker than I thought it would...  Anyways, after removing it I realized that it made a difference with DAVE :frowning2:

Uh oh.

Either way, I want something much smaller - a one outlet idea. I'm thinking something like Shunyata Venom AMP-1 but that's really not an ideal item as it is more for high draw items like a big amp.  I am also considering a PS Audio Power Base but that's bigger than I want and ideally it would be something in-line.

Does anyone have a suggestion for something specifically designed for a digital source?

The Devialet range of amplifiers are completely digital inside (even analogue inputs get converted to digital, before any DSP or amplification).

Alternatively the Chord TToby is released next month, but it is intended to partner the Hugo TT.

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:30 PM Post #3,696 of 25,834

Uh oh.

What's your budget, Paul?

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #3,698 of 25,834
Hadn't considered it to be honest. I would be flexible but would want to keep it line as a ratio I suppose. $3-$4k on the high side.

Just sent you a PM.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:47 PM Post #3,699 of 25,834
Jul 21, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #3,702 of 25,834
  Roy, the suggestion you gave to Paul, is it what I think it is?

Maybe.  It's the HFC MC-6 Hemisphere.  With my DAVE and everything else I've plugged into it, the difference has been significant and it will come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.  It will come with Furutech's best GTX-D(R) NCF receptacles.  Not sure if the new Furutech Schuko NCF is an option.  If there is interest, PM me and perhaps a group buy can be organized at a significant discount.

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #3,704 of 25,834
Heard from others said Mojo‘s wasapi driver sound much better than asio in windows. I tried yesterday with DAVE with Jriver21, can't hear clear difference. Any suggestion for select the driver?

And I compare mine CAPS with aurender n10, n10 is different, round and stable, but not better. So I will continue using my windows8.0 system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back