CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Oct 14, 2015 at 4:11 AM Post #496 of 25,931
Here ya go, the new Chord product, it's leaked now, so I can share.........

http://www.stereo.net.au/news/leaked-chord-redefines-portable-audio-with-mojo

Lessons learned:
1) How not to launch a new product. 
2) How not to cannibalise your own product range.....

What Amateur Professionals....

deadhorse.gif

Oct 14, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #498 of 25,931
Not at all.

the Hugo was simply too expensive at 1400 GBP for many people

now this is a very good price, and it will sell very well to younger people who just could not pay for a Hugo.

Quote:

Lessons learned:
1) How not to launch a new product. 
2) How not to cannibalise your own product range.....

What Amateur Professionals....

deadhorse.gif

Oct 14, 2015 at 7:25 AM Post #502 of 25,931
Only in Canada you say :deadhorse:

Oct 15, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #503 of 25,931
Was anyone here able to attend DAVE's official launch either in London yesterday or in New York today? I'm anxious to know whether those who heard it found that it sets a new standard in digital reproduction superior to anything else they've heard, or just another one of many other good sounding DAC choices already available. Your thoughts and any comparisons you could share will be most helpful to those of us that are unable to attend and will be most appreciated! Thanks in advance for your time.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #504 of 25,931
Was anyone here able to attend DAVE's official launch either in London yesterday or in New York today? I'm anxious to know whether those who heard it found that it sets a new standard in digital reproduction superior to anything else they've heard, or just another one of many other good sounding DAC choices already available. Your thoughts and any comparisons you could share will be most helpful to those of us that are unable to attend and will be most appreciated! Thanks in advance for your time.

I was at the Chord London August 14th launch party. It was purely for Mojo, not Dave.

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #505 of 25,931
Oct 16, 2015 at 7:31 AM Post #508 of 25,931
Different chip requirements in a portable device than in a desktop device.

Rob will use the most advanced chip he feels necessary & appropriate, in order to maximise the performance of the DAVE, but in order to do that, he need not necessarily use the same FPGA chip as is contained in the tiny Mojo.

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #510 of 25,931
  He should tell us more about David sorry Dave . Let's wait for now .

Seriously?

Have you actually taken the time to read the entire thread?

Rob is the most generous designer I know, with the depth of his technical explanations, here on Head-fi (look in the Hugo thread(s), too).

There is even some discussion from Rob, on youtube, regarding technicalities of the Hugo and the DAVE.

Here's a recent DAVE one:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back