CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
May 24, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #25,922 of 26,005
I got even better results when combined with an Apple polishing cloth to apply.
I had one so bad it wouldn’t connect. The core looked like it had been snapped off rather than cut. I used a fine diamond stone to clean it up then autosol polishing paste to get rid of the scratch marks. Works a treat now.

May 24, 2024 at 6:42 AM Post #25,923 of 26,005
DAVE rocks. Using mine with the Diana TC at the moment, sounding great! (with my Bliss KTE added to the chain for some extra oomph); can't wait to pay @Reactcore a visit in the near future for a bit of a tune-up!

May 24, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #25,924 of 26,005
May i ask whats your experience and setup when it comes to power cord for Dave? What are you using and why? Thanks!

P.S second time coming to Dave:) simply couse nothing sounds so realistic and engaging, no matter how i tried to downsize and save up money, its just i missed the emotion you get from music with Dave.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #25,925 of 26,005
May i ask whats your experience and setup when it comes to power cord for Dave? What are you using and why? Thanks!

P.S second time coming to Dave:) simply couse nothing sounds so realistic and engaging, no matter how i tried to downsize and save up money, its just i missed the emotion you get from music with Dave.
Welcome back!! 😁

May 24, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #25,926 of 26,005

Hey at least you admit it, kudos to you. I'm sure we have a couple of creepers in here that are back and can't admit it 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

May 24, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #25,927 of 26,005
DAVE rocks. Using mine with the Diana TC at the moment, sounding great! (with my Bliss KTE added to the chain for some extra oomph); can't wait to pay @Reactcore a visit in the near future for a bit of a tune-up!

Absolutely jealous of anyone in the same region that can pay @Reactcore a Dave update visit in person!

May 25, 2024 at 2:29 AM Post #25,928 of 26,005
May 25, 2024 at 3:22 PM Post #25,929 of 26,005
Werent you going to visit a nearby electrician friend who could do the cap mods for you?

It's still on my radar and under consideration. The crux was I needed a second dac anyway (have for almost 3 years now). So I got a used Lampizator Pacific (which is just absolutely incredible). But I want to seriously A/B the Dave and Pacific before making a decision to have it modded. Mainly for my own understanding and to ensure it's the right path to move forward. I've already done a light bit of A/B'ing (just a few sessions, have mainly only been listening to the Lampi) and the Pacific will definitely be my primary dac going forward, although totally open to the chance the mods could challenge that.

I was considering selling and keeping it stock for that purpose, but I think I'm now leaning against that. I really like the idea of keeping the dave/mscaler if even in my second (speaker) system. Will definitely come knocking on your door if/when I take the leap on the mods. :)

May 25, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #25,930 of 26,005

I'm curious, what did you leave the DAVE for the first time? Don't tell me it was for Chi-Fi 😂 😂 😂

May 25, 2024 at 4:14 PM Post #25,931 of 26,005
I'm curious, what did you leave the DAVE for the first time? Don't tell me it was for Chi-Fi 😂 😂 😂
Nope, not the case. I bought Hugo2 for a year, then added HMS to it, then after 3months sold all for Mojo2poly and living with it for 2months now finally i am with Dave :) TT2/HMS have been previously on my desk for 2.5years or so :-D And previous to that Hugo2HMS for 1.5year , and before that Mojo for 1year :-D

What i tried and liked is Mola Mola Tambaqui, with Violectric V280 amp.

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #25,932 of 26,005
Nope, not the case. I bought Hugo2 for a year, then added HMS to it, then after 3months sold all for Mojo2poly and living with it for 2months now finally i am with Dave :) TT2/HMS have been previously on my desk for 2.5years or so :-D And previous to that Hugo2HMS for 1.5year , and before that Mojo for 1year :-D

Nice, thanks for sharing.

May 26, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #25,933 of 26,005

A bref comparison between the Tambaqui and the Dave?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back