CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Oct 7, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #466 of 26,005
why interpolation is required can be explained with a analogy. if a 6 mp image is to be printed to 3" x2" size without any interpolation, only about 83 dots per inch printing is needed as 6mp is 3000x2000. that print will be ok considering the large viewing distance for 3" x2" print. but if you look closer in that print you will be able to see some empty spaces between the dots as 83 dots per inch are not good enough for close viweing. so to improve that aspect get the 6mp image interpolated as per 300 dots per inch in software. this interpolation will not increase actual detail but it will allow printing at 300dpi to remove any empty spaces even when watched closely. in reality we may not need beyond 6mp ( just like 16bit 44.1khz in case of audio) but accurate interpolation may improve the overall experience. further extension of analogy can be for nos dac where image is printed at 83dpi means quantization noise filter not applied. if you put an opaque diffusing screen in front of a 83dpi print, that will diffuse the empty spaces of 83dpi print with printed dots which is akin to putting s sharp roll off filter for removing quantization noise in case of nos dac, affecting the overall details.

Oct 7, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #467 of 26,005
Oct 7, 2015 at 9:34 AM Post #468 of 26,005
Not sure Beolab

I think this is the recording
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=Albinoni+Adagio+gary+karr

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #469 of 26,005
better to listen and test through own ears instead what is said in the forums like r2r is better or delta sigma better. if some one go solely by the information on net, there is more which supports Delta sigma than r2r . some very expensive brands still using r2r does not make r2r best. some people have taken that post 'why delta sigma sucks' to seriously I thought. that post is now already dead . the op could not prove what he wanted in that post.

Yes agreed ,but i'm comparing high end dacs , the bad delta r2r left behind ., I listened to many 2r2 including Trinity, DCS ,MSB,Chord...and many very very good dac..the main reason I see r2r still better , I notice the r2r has more texture in the sound while delta sound very smooth , while some of them have some degree of that texture buy not the same level as r2r , I prefer texture sound of r2r like my old msb why ? cause it's sound more natural .

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #470 of 26,005
By the way ,anyone interested to buy new speakers please don't miss this opportunity : order Elac new speakers for 229 $ really high end sound with very very low price . I hope you guys try them . It will change the way you look at high end speakers . here is the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KZ7ig9EiNI

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #471 of 26,005
You Talked, We Listened... The Game Will Change !!!
 ​
Date: 14.10.15 - Venue: The Shard
 ​
 ​
bigsmile_face.gif
 ...The Competition is free to enter and open TO ALL !!!...
bigsmile_face.gif
 ​

Oct 8, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #476 of 26,005
Austin Powers eh. Mini-me springs to mind, so a smaller, more compact version of an existing Chord product perhaps? Possibly a smaller Hugo with built-in screen, a U.I. and device storage , so essentially a DAP.

Quote:
A hint, Austin Powers.........

That hint will only be possible to understand once you know what the product is, and no, I will not let you know what it is because I do not want to spoil Chords event.

Oct 8, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #479 of 26,005
I'm not going to say what it is, but what do you want it to be?

If I had the choice of a new Chord product, a hi-Rez streamer not the vein of a 2qute formfactor built the way only Chord can would be my dream product.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back