CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Oct 8, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #482 of 26,005
Chord have described it as their biggest product launch ever, and are using words like «revolutionary».

So it must be something really big.

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:20 PM Post #485 of 26,005
Getting back to DAVE's US pricing, I see that an authorized Chord dealer has just updated their site and now shows the price to be $13,300 without the optional stand and $16,000 with it. This now agrees with the $16,000 with stand price posted by the US distributor, Bluebird Music.

Oct 9, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #487 of 26,005
It's $19,000 in Australia, without the stand.

bet the Italians are glad they joined the Euro otherwise they'd be forking out millions... lucky huh...
wink_face.gif

Oct 10, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #488 of 26,005
Oct 12, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #489 of 26,005
Hi Rob,

This may be a bit late or indeed nonsense as far as you are concerned, but would it be possible to add a discrete volume level or even 3 to the Dave, possibly settable? By this I mean a button that reduces volume instantly without muting the output. There are a couple of reasons, first I listen to a lot of radio (the original Arcam DAB tuner feeding my Chord Indigo - Chord's current best DAC and with a headphone out to boot :wink:  ) and I always have to turn the volume down when the DJ/announcer comes back on. Or if someone calls or knocks on the door and I don't want to completely mute the music, just reduce it. I assume it's easy to create a set point(s) as per the Hugo, maybe to even select a turn on volume regardless of the volume set when turned off - not aware of these features on other volume controlled devices.

H.

Oct 12, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #490 of 26,005
Hi Rob,

This may be a bit late or indeed nonsense as far as you are concerned, but would it be possible to add a discrete volume level or even 3 to the Dave, possibly settable? By this I mean a button that reduces volume instantly without muting the output. There are a couple of reasons, first I listen to a lot of radio (the original Arcam DAB tuner feeding my Chord Indigo - Chord's current best DAC and with a headphone out to boot :wink:  ) and I always have to turn the volume down when the DJ/announcer comes back on. Or if someone calls or knocks on the door and I don't want to completely mute the music, just reduce it. I assume it's easy to create a set point(s) as per the Hugo, maybe to even select a turn on volume regardless of the volume set when turned off - not aware of these features on other volume controlled devices.

H.

OT

You made my day:joy:
Very small odds my friend, but hey!:
Hope is the last thing that leaves the human..

Rob: Can you manage to squeeze in a micro wave in the Dave would be a huge plus, because then we HeadFi:ers do not need to leave for lunch break, but that chance is less than 1 in a million.. :wink::wink:

Have a nice evening fellow Headfi:ers!

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #492 of 26,005
Chord World-Wide Launch - This announcement shows the launch of Chord's DAVE DAC in London October 14th, New York October 15th, followed up in San Francisco October 22nd, then in LA October 24th and Toronto October 30th. Unfortunately I'm in Chicago!
frown.gif
  Hopefully we'll see many more comments on its performance here in the next few days! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 13, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #493 of 26,005
Can I crash on the launch party? Just happen to be in London these few days and I've been waiting for the Dave since Rob pm me 15 months ago

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #494 of 26,005
I would be down in checking out the Chord Dave on October 22 in the Bay Area. This is great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back