CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Oct 21, 2015 at 3:18 PM Post #526 of 26,005
blink.gif
 get a silver one and a tin of black spray paint?

Oct 21, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #527 of 26,005
:blink:  get a silver one and a tin of black spray paint?

I'm choking, just picturing someone opening up their new £7995 piece of HiFi and getting the black spray can out on it :)

Wonder if Chord would approve, LOL?

Oct 21, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #528 of 26,005
Oct 22, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #529 of 26,005
With this alone Rob you earn my respect!

And Dave will be on my top list if I could afford it. Now with only hugo, and hold on to TT purchase as I can't pass Dave can I?

Please tell me Rob you will be in Singapore soon or next year Feb Singapore CanJam. By then hope I have enough fund for Dave.

Mav

Quote:

Hmm, don't like being self-righteous so apologies!

Yes I got some flack from Chord initially about my postings in that I was giving too much information away and perhaps I do. But what the heck, life is too short. I spend all my waking time thinking about audio, and my sleeping time is often spent solving problems - I often wake up with a problem solved. And its about enjoying music, so when I get a technical improvement that also results in enjoying music more then I naturally want to talk to people who care about audio too.

As to other companies? No not really, I am off on my own trek. There is nobody else walking on this path, which is why I am not bothered about about the possibility of giving valuable information away. This stuff is complex and takes many years to get right and generally engineers with advanced technical skills (there are very few) generally don't do listening tests, and the people that do listening tests don't have the skills. For example, I have been bleating on about long tap length WTA filters for 15 years, and the rest of the industry has simply ignored it and yet this is a simple concept proven by maths. I am still amazed nobody else has long tap length filters....

Thanks for your kind comments.

Rob

Oct 22, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #530 of 26,005
Yes actually I am pretty busy in Singapore - I don't have the details to hand so going on my memory, but will be at a show around 27th Nov. Then back for the headphone show around the 12 Dec. At the moment I don't know about CanJam Singapore, it clashes with our half term school holidays.

Rob

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:25 AM Post #531 of 26,005
Rob
Do the late tweaks on DAVE have any affect on the final sound in your opinion or are they just connection/hardware tweaks?

To other posters here:
Lets hope we get some impressions on sound from other audiophiles attending todays event in San Francisco.

Oct 22, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #533 of 26,005
  Rob
Do the late tweaks on DAVE have any affect on the final sound in your opinion or are they just connection/hardware tweaks?

To other posters here:
Lets hope we get some impressions on sound from other audiophiles attending todays event in San Francisco.

In short yes, more depth and better detail resolution. It was a case of updating the internal noise shapers with the knowledge gained from the main OP noise shapers.

But much of the work has been not audio related at all - displays, control, dual data mode, getting the dual programme mode to function.

Rob

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #535 of 26,005

Rob

To other posters here:

In short yes, more depth and better detail resolution. It was a case of updating the internal noise shapers with the knowledge gained from the main OP noise shapers.

But much of the work has been not audio related at all - displays, control, dual data mode, getting the dual programme mode to function.

Rob

So I expect wonders from DAVE – a new sonic benchmark for the next decade. 
basshead.gif
(Or shouldn't I?)

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #536 of 26,005

Rob

So the final Signal / noise and DR range have Increased even further now or?

What is the final measured values Rob?

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #538 of 26,005
Maybe someone will give some feedback from the HiFi News - Windsor demo room today

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back