CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jan 20, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #13,923 of 25,883
Is it worth getting a separate power supply ?
Has anyone done this ? If so was there a noticeable difference ?
I will message you.

Jan 20, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #13,927 of 25,883
Thanks
I only head the Dave while back and thought it was like some sort of magic :) . Purchased one recently. Just waiting for it to arrive
Haven't heard the MScaler yet.

You will like the Dave. TT2 is good (very good) but there is nothing to touch Dave (IMO of course!).

Jan 20, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #13,929 of 25,883
Got a question
Any recommendation for a good Integrated Amp to go with Chord Dave.
My setup :
Speakers - Audio Note : AZ
Source : bluesound node 2i
DAC : Dave (should arrive soon. Im currently using a Qutest)

Jan 20, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #13,930 of 25,883
Got a question
Any recommendation for a good Integrated Amp to go with Chord Dave.
My setup :
Speakers - Audio Note : AZ
Source : bluesound node 2i
DAC : Dave (should arrive soon. Im currently using a Qutest)

Which AZ? They both seem pretty efficient, you might even be able to have Dave drive the, directly depending on listening level and room size. You also could use Dave as a preamp and so any amplifier should work, not just an integrated, unless you also need to attach other components.

Jan 20, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #13,931 of 25,883
It's the "AZ Two Hemp".
I currently have a Primaluna Integrated, but it doesn't have a pre-out. I just wanted to find out if someone had tried different amps and found some matching combinations.
I know there are lot of elements to it rather than just the DAC and the amp. Still it would be interesting to know what their experience.

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #13,932 of 25,883
It's the "AZ Two Hemp".
I currently have a Primaluna Integrated, but it doesn't have a pre-out. I just wanted to find out if someone had tried different amps and found some matching combinations.
I know there are lot of elements to it rather than just the DAC and the amp. Still it would be interesting to know what their experience.

Depending on where you are the best policy is to borrow a few amps from a local dealer. I tried quite a few but in the end I settled on a Pass Labs power amp fed directly by Dave and using Dave as the volume control.

Jan 20, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #13,934 of 25,883
I've been streaming Tidal on iPad / iPhone to MScaler/Dave via USB cable very happily for a few months now and am now wondering what the benefits of a music server such as a CAT CAD, Aurender, Auralic, etc would be purely for sound quality. I don't have any music stored on hard drives so don't need functionality for accessing those files. Are there sound quality benefits over a tablet/phone?

Jan 20, 2020 at 5:02 PM Post #13,935 of 25,883
I've been streaming Tidal on iPad / iPhone to MScaler/Dave via USB cable very happily for a few months now and am now wondering what the benefits of a music server such as a CAT CAD, Aurender, Auralic, etc would be purely for sound quality. I don't have any music stored on hard drives so don't need functionality for accessing those files. Are there sound quality benefits over a tablet/phone?

Good question. I recently asks the same question from a local audio retailer. He suggested it's better spend the money on a better Speaker/Amp/DAC .. Saying that im using a bluesound node 2i which is fairly decent.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back